FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Jeff Kaste

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 128>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/16 at 7:29pm
9/7/16

Managed to squeeze in a quick throw sesh today in the misty evening 

OStone 16#
Stands x7 best of 44' eh
Glide (WAH) x6 best of 48+ kind of sick of MSA right now. Might glide at Estes, might not. Haven't decided. 

Heavy Hammer x4 best of 100' 

Light Hammer x5 best of 125' not bad. Handles kept getting slick with the mist. But it was a good feeling practice. 

Hopefully some weights tomorrow morning then off the Colorado on Friday. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/16 at 8:11pm
9/10/16

Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festival, Estes Park, Colorado 

PROS: Spencer Tyler, Chuck Kasson, Luke Crowley, Beau Fay, Mike Dickens, Jeff Kaste, Nate Burchett, Damien Fisher, Jake Sullivan 

22# Braemar- 36'+ 
16# OStone- 47'2 
HWFD- 40'6 
LWFD- 80'5
HH- 101'11 
LH-128'7 
Caber- 85 degrees 
Sheaf- 27' 
WOB- 15' 

Overall: 7th 

Had another amazing trip to Estes Park this weekend. Got to hang with my boy Mike Wilder and his lady Dana who hosted me and drove me and fed me and in general were amazing human beings. But, onto my throws. 

Stones were good and bad. Braemar was bad. It's a good stone that I've gone 38' on more than once and this time, kept missing a good punch and managed only 36'. Which is garbage. But oh well. OStone was good because I glided! And I hit 47' which would usually be bad but for me this season is good. So I will keep the rhythm going into Loon with some glide action. I think I could snap a 49'-50' if I connect with one. 

Weights were good and bad too. HWFD I was fouled on my first which was not a foul but, judges call is final and it got in my head. Rookie move. Mustered a 40' on my last but in that group, it was a junk throw. LWFD was good as 80'+ is the best I've ever thrown Spuntik, the Estes LWFD. Of course, it was crap compared to Chuck and Burch who both went 88' but, I'm not them lol. 

Hammers were good! Heavy felt really good with 2 throws over 100' but I was looking for a PR and forced it a little too much. Light Hammer was nice. My second throw went 128' and with a 3/4 inch PVC handle which is a PR for that type of handle. Very excited. 

Caber was dumb. Should have turned it and I took it for granted. Moar focus. 

Sheaf was good and bad. Hit 27' on my last attempt and it had height for 30' but come 30' aim and height was off. One more sheafing this year before I overhaul the shit out of it. 

WOB was solid for this weight. It's a thick handle which I let get in my head the last 2 years, but this year it felt good and I kept peaking in front and landing it on the bar at 16'. I do think I'm finding my WOB groove again though. 16' at Loon. 

SO overall, I am happy with how I threw. Will need to really compete this weekend at Loon as it's going to practically be a World Championships. Every point is going to count. A few practices this week and a lift and it's on to my favorite games, LooN!
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 8:28pm
9/13/16

Last lift of the season. Kept it light, quick, and short. 

Warm Up 

Front Squat 

135x5, 135x3, 185x3, 185x3, 225x2, 245x2, 275x1, 295x1, 185x2, 185x2, 185x2 

Dead Lift 

135x5, *add doubled red bands 135x3, 135x3, 185x3, 185x3 felt really good

Swiss Bar Push Press 

135x5, 135x5, 135x5 as fast as I can 

Forgot Reverse Hypers, oh well. Weights tomorrow, hammer and stone Thursday. Then party. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/16 at 9:06pm
9/14/16

Warm Up 

Weights for distance and, occasionally, height

HWFD x10 best of 43'+ feet felt a little wonky but the pop was there

LWFD x10 best of 82'+ same as ^

WOB x7 just going for timing/feeling.

Hopefully some light stone and hammer tomorrow then done!
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/16 at 2:11pm
9/15/16

Quick throw this morning

OStone 16#
Stands x8 best of 46' hey now. 
Glides x8 best of 47'-48' booo legs so slow

Light Hammer x6 best of 131' this was great. Everything felt smooth. Just have to keep a good rhythm and hit one this weekend. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/19/16 at 12:58pm
9/17-9/18 

New Hampshire Highland Games, Lincoln, NH 

PROS: Mike Zolkiewicz, Heisi Giermundsson, Dan McKim, Matt Vincent, Matt Doherty, Andy Vincent, Craig Sinclair, Jeff Kaste, Scott Rider, Jeff Milliron, Spencer Tyler

HH: 100'.5 
16# OStone: 44'5
HWFD: 39'10.5 
Caber: 60 degrees 
WOB: 15' 
LH: 120'+ 
26# Braemar: 34'11.75 
LWFD: 79'9 

Overall: 9th 

Tough weekend for everyone number wise but I did myself no favors by throwing as poorly as I did. In this crowd I was hoping to perform well enough to grab 7th or 8th but I left a lot of points on the field in certain events. 

Hammers were ok. Heavy hammer felt like it was going to be a PR day but my SI joint/TFL locked up during it and was somewhat painful. Also kept releasing hammer toward the hillside which did me no favors. Still another games over 100' is good for me. Light hammer was feeling grand the next day but again, no good trajectory throws height wise or away from mountain wise. Left big time points on the field in both events. 

Stones. Oh stones. OStone hurt so so bad as it was most effected by my back locking up. Could not push off my right foot at all or stay back during the glide. Essentially armed out my throws. Oh well. Braemar was better because I loosened up over night. Not a bad put for me with this stone but not the best. 36'+ would have really helped.

Weights were so so. HWFD really let me down, first time in a while. Everything felt weird. LWFD felt fine but I wasted 2 attempts with bad form. 

Everything else was as expected. Excited to throw at Loon again as it's my favorite games ever and I want tot hank Bill and Holly Crawford for having me again. 

Celtic this weekend and it's the last. Gotta make it count. Recovery work all week then go time!
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/21/16 at 7:33pm
9/21/16

Last practice of the season, kinda sad. Just tuning up. 

Did 3 warm up throws at around 70-85% then 3 comp throws. Only measured comp throws 

HWFD x3 best of 41'-42' pretty ok with this. Knew that I didn't hit any great ones, but was strict with myself haha 

LWFD x3 best of 80' same as above 

16# Hammer (did 5 sets of winds first) x3 best of 127' all throws over 125' so that's encouraging. Gotta find that this weekend. 

Recovery work and just getting some moving in tomorrow then off to the big show Friday. Excited as seeing as I have nothing to lose coming in as the 10 seed, I'm gonna see what I can pull off. Should be a great way to wrap up the season. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/16 at 1:43pm
9/24-9/25

Celtic Classic US National Championships, Bethlehem, PA 

PROS: Mike Zolkiewicz, John Pilling, Jeff Kaste, Jake Sullivan, Eric Frasure, Nathan Burchett, Matt Vincent, Chuck Kasson, Spencer Tyler, Dan McKim 

22# Hammer- 96'5 
24# Braemar- 36'8 
HWFD- 40'5 
Sheaf- 27' 
Caber- 65 degrees 
16# Hammer- 116'1 
OStone- 46'5 
LWFD- 75'2 
WOB- 15'

Overall: 8th 

Qualifying for this games was the last of my goals I wanted to achieve as a Highland Games pro. I was absolutely thrilled to go and throw with the best in the USA. I went into this games with the mind set that I am seeded 10th and any place I get better than that is a positive and to keep the positivity flowing. 

I threw alright in all events but absolutely left a number of points on the field that definitely could have earned me 7th place and maybe 6th. That being said, for the field conditions (the field is a mound and hammers were thrown uphill, but everything else was fairly flat) I am ok with how I did. The length of the season definitely reared it's ugly head this weekend and despite feeling good pain/body wise, my pop, timing, and strength were not there.  Fouled a few throws that would have helped too (one LWFD, and had all kinds of height on sheaf at 30' but just outside) but in the end I am proud to have placed 8th. 

It was an absolute blast being treated like a celebrity as well. You get this at most games but at Celtic, more than ever do you feel like a rock star. It's truly something awesome (although I don't think I could do it all the time) 

Will recap the season (maybe) later and get back into training after this week. Just going to do some recovery stuff maybe a little BB to keep myself sane and then plan my offseason. 

My hat is off to Celtic Classic and to the 2016. It has been a doozy and I cant wait for the next one!
Jeff Kaste

JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/16 at 6:42pm
Congrats Jeff! Love following your training and throwing year. Thanks for taking the time to share all your throws, thoughts, and lifts.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/16 at 8:08pm
Any time man! I'm glad some other people read it as well, even though I often feel my thoughts are rambley haha
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/16 at 12:52pm
10/3/16

First training session of the off season. Starting slow and going to do a month of working on my postural weaknesses before I get into the swing of everything. I'm calling it Postober, both for my posterior chain being weak and my posture. 

Postober Week 1 

Warm Up 

Snatch Grip Deads 

135x6, 135x6, 225x6 *add 120# of chains, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6 these felt nice. Really worked on pushing my knees out to use my glutes and keeping the upper back tight and flat. 

Back Extensions 

3x15 w/ 45# plate. 

Cable Pullthroughs 

3x12 

Reverse Hyper

3x12 

Rolling/Smashing quads and hip flexors. 

Day 1 in the books! 
Jeff Kaste

CharlesFay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/16 at 2:06pm
Good idea on the extra posterior chain work. Even though that area has been pretty strong for me, I can always tell when I have been slacking in that area and everything feels better when I hit that region hard. I don't log my extra workouts but asides from posterior chain focused lifts done as accessory work, sled dragging 3+ times a week helps get volume in as well, waving through heavy, medium and light drags. Easy to recover from and always help me a bunch. Good luck.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/16 at 4:48pm
Jeff good call on those cable pull throughs.  Used to do those years ago.  I wonder why I stopped as they are def good for hip pop.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/16 at 6:20pm
Thanks guys! I am sick of having back pain related to a tilted pelvis, a rounded back looking like an idiot, and not being able to lift proficiently due to these things! I think a big part of my weakness in the weight room stems from this. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/16 at 7:33pm
Postober Week 1 Day 2 

Warm Up 

Bent Over BB Rows 

135x10, 135x10, 185x10, 185x10, 185x10, 185x10 My lats are weak these days 

Close Grip Pull Downs *really focusing on squeezing my rhomboids/lats the entire time 

3x15 

Face Pulls/DB Y's w/ 10's 

3x12/3x12 

BB Curls 

5x10 @ 75# 

Prowler Push (marching) + Banded Pull A parts 

90# x 120yds + 20, 90# x 120yds + 20, 90# (sprint) x 60yds annnnnnnd dead. I'm so out of conditioning shape. 

Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/16 at 10:15am
10/6/16

POSTober Week 1 Day 3 

Warm Up (glutes, hips, shoulders) 

Power Clean from Floor 

135x4, 135x4, 185x4, 225x4, 225x4 working on form and driving knees out during pull (they always cave in, so dumb) 

OHP W/ Swiss Bar + Chest Supported Rows (for rhomboids!) 

75x8, 95x8, 105x8, 125x8/4x10 @ 45s so hard....

Sumo Dead Lift + Rear Delt Flys (Don't judge me for sumos, it's purely weakness related) 

185x10, 185x10, 185x10/3x15 @ 85# 

Reverse Hypers + Belt Squat Marches 

3x12/3x50 w/30 second glute squeeze at the end 

Triceps Extensions + TFL roll out on PVC

3x15 

Did all this in about an hour and 15, sweating so bad. Back feels amazing!

Jeff Kaste

JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/16 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

10/6/16

POSTober

Triceps Extensions + TFL roll out on PVC

3x15 

lol Thumbs Up
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/16 at 12:32pm
Sumos...you said for weakness related. What is the weakness?   Used to fool around with sumo when I competed in powerlifting and was weird/strange that basically pull the same conv as sumo and come meet time would get nervous and switch styles. (OK I was retarded and ducked at powerlifting and usually would panic. Hence the shift. In comp pulled 585 sumo and 590 conv at 220lbs). Now I wish everygym had a hex deadlift bar as I think this gives the most band for the buck for hgames. IMO. Love reading your training log as well as other top guys. Can never stop learning
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/16 at 6:37pm
I am doing it to supplement my posterior chain training. I cant pull 400 sumo and it's because I don't #1 have good form lol but mostly #2 have weak glutes and hamstrings. This is just another position for me to put myself into and get some reps in. I doubt I'll go heavy with them ever as I truly believe in conventional deads for strength, speed, throwing, everything. I was sore the day after in all the right places so I'll take it! 

10/10/16

Postober Week 2 Day 1 

Warm Up (banded pull through, quad stretching) 

Snatch Grip Deads 

135x8, 135x6, *add 120# in chains 225x6, 275x6, 275x6, 275x6, 275x6, 275x6 the weight was easier here, the hard part was holding position in upper back. Felt smooth and good. 

Back Extensions w/45# plate + DB Rhomboid rows 

3x12 + 3x10 @ 50# DBs 

RDLs 

3x8 @ 225 *working on form again. The weight was a joke but keeping a flat back, and hinging properly. 

Reverse Hypers + Weighted Sit ups 

3x15 / 3x20 @ 45# plate 

Quad smashing. Despite not having squatted or done anything quad dominant in over 2 weeks, my quads are super tight and painful to roll out. I think I am making the right decision in trying to get more balanced first then addressing proper squatting. 

Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/16 at 8:21pm
10/11/2016

Postober Week 2 Day 2 

Warm Up 

BB Bent over Rows 

135x8, 135x8, 185x8, 225x8, 225x8, 225x8, 225x8 

Hammer Strength Seated Shoulder Press + Machine Rows 

3x20 @ 90# / 3x12 @ 230* all reps done with a 2 second pause

Cable Face Pulls + DB Chest Supported Y's 

3x15 / 3x12 @ 10's 

BB Curls + DB Curls 

3x12 @ 80 / 3x12 @ 30s 

Feelin very good lately. My Legs have stopped bowing in so much as my IT bands and TFLs let go of their icy grip on my hips. Back feels good, hunch is diminishing. I think another 2 weeks of this will set me up nicely to start training regularly once more!
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/16 at 4:34pm
10/14/16

Warm Up 

Power Clean from Floor 

135x3+1 hang, 135x3+1 hang, 185x3+1 hang, 225x3+1 hang, 275x1, 275x1, 275x1, 275x1 meh not bad. Didn't go crazy but I missed doing cleans and they are not hurting my back at all now so that's good. 

Swiss Bar OHP (SP=Strict Press, PP=Push Press) / DB Rhomboid Chest Support Rows 

85x5(sp), 105x5(sp), 125x5(sp), 145x4(sp) x1(pp), 175x1(sp) x5(pp) / 5x10 @ 50s w/ 2 second hold at top 

Sumo Deads / SSB Thoracic Extensions 

135x10, 225x10, 225x10, 225x10, 225x10 / 135x12, 135x12, 135x12, 135x12 these both felt great and feel awesome on my back/glutes 

DB Side Raises/DB Rear Delt Flys 

3x12 / 3x15 @ 20s very little break between sets 

Reverse Hypers + Dead Bugs 

3x12 / 3x50reps 

Whew, dead. But I feel good. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/16 at 10:35am
10/17/16

Postober Week 3 Day 1 

Warm Up 

Snatch Grip Deads 

135x5, *add 120# of chains 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5 whew, these were hard. 

SSB Good Mornings from Bars / DB Rhomboid Rows @ 60s 

4x10 @ 115 / 4x10 

BB Glute Bridge / Dead Bugs 

4x12 @ 135/155 / 100 total reps it's becoming increasingly obvious my core and glutes are weak. The BB bridges, while moving well, I felt the burn and they got hard after rep 8. Gotta keep up with these. 

Reverse Hypers 

3x15 heavier than normal. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/16 at 7:13pm
10/18/16

Postober Week 3 Day 2

Warm Up 

Z Press w/ Axel Bar / Neutral Grip Pull Ups 

75x5, 95x5, 115x3, 135x3, 155x0, 145x1, 155x1, 100x10 / 4x5 both of these were hard. 

Cable Rows / Face Pulls 

3x12 / 3x15 

SSB Seated Good Mornings / DB Rhomboids Row 

135x10, 155x10, 155x10 / 3x10 @ 50s 

BB Curl + Triceps Pushdown + BB Curl 

115x5 + 100x15 + 70x12 x 3 rounds arms so swol 

Battle ropes -> 5 rounds of 30 seconds on, 30 off
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/16 at 4:12pm
10/19/16

Throwing!! 

16# Stone 
Stands x8 best of 43' lol
Glides x8 best of 48' not bad! Working on my non-reverse trying to channel my inner Lukasz Wenta. I may be giving on MSA. 

HWFD x7 best of 42' ha, not bad. 

16# Hammer x7 best of 125' lol 

Honestly pretty surprised with the numbers, pleasantly surprised! With no squats in over a month or benching, my throws were good! Might try to get out 1-2 times a month to keep my throwing in tact until the snow sets in. Should prove interesting. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/16 at 10:39am
10/20/16

Postober Week 3 Day 3 

Warm Up 

Hang Power Cleans 

135x3, 135x3, 185x3, 185x3, *(1 high pull + 1 hang clean) 225x2, 225x2, 225x2

Push Press w/ Swiss Bar + Quad Foam rolling

105x5, 125x5, 155x3, 175x3, 195x1, 215x1, 125x10 not bad. Not as easy as it should have been but whatever 

Sumo Deads + DB Rhomboid row holds 

135x10, 225x10, 245x8, 275x8 / 4x5 @ 50s w/ 6 second hold at top

BB Glute Bridges + Straight Leg sit ups 

135x10, 155x10, 185x10 / 3x12 

Reverse Hypers 

3x12
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/16 at 8:55pm
10/24/16

Postober Week 4 Day 1 

Warm Up 

Snatch Grip Deads 

135x5, *add 120# chains, 135x5, 225x3, 225x3, 315x3, 365x1, 385x1, 405x1 Not bad! Around 520 or so at the top (some chain links were still on ground) Feeling confident about these. 

SSB Good Mornings From Spotters 

115x10, 135x10, 155x10 holy gawd roasting my glutes and hams 

RDL from 4" Deficit / DB Rhomboid Row Holds (6-8 second holds) 

225x8, 255x8, 275x8 / 55sx5, 55sx5, 55sx5 

BB Glute Bridges / Hamstring Curls 

135x10, 185x10, 185x10 / 3x12 figuring out the bridges. Putting myself into a posterior tilt during the movement really exposes the weakness. My right glute specifically which is weird because I'm a righty. 

Reverse Hypers / Dead Bugs / Foam Rolling 

3x10 / 120 reps / 3x30 seconds per leg on quads
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/16 at 7:44pm
10/25/16

Postober Week 4 Day 2 

Warm Up 

Z Press w/ Axel / Prowler runs w/ 90#

75x8, 95x8, 115x5, 115x5, 115x5, 115x5, 115x5 / 1x30yds, 1x30yds, 1x30yds, 1x30yds not hard but not super easy. 

Hammer Strength Rows / Band Resisted Back Extensions 

4x12 up to 270 / 4x10 really working on the glute contraction 

Neutral Grip Pull Downs / Face Pulls 

3x12 / 3x12 

Single Leg Glute Bridge / Center Mass Ball Curls / Triceps Push Down 

4x10 / 4x10 / 4x15 

Did some testing and figured out my right glute isn't firing as well as it should and it absolutely explains my right side back pain. SO, I will continue to focus a lot of effort on glute/hamstring work to counteract the anterior tilt but also do some extra work on my right glute to try and get it working again. Excited to fix my shit because I am sick of hurting for no damn reason. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/16 at 7:55pm
10/27/16

Postober Week 4 Day 3

Warm Up 

Axel Push Press / Shoulder Harness Sled Drags @ 180#

75x5(strict), 115x5(strict), 145x3, 175x3, 205x3, 205x3, 205x3, 205x3, 205x3, 225x1, 255x1 these felt great! / 50yds x1, 50ydsx1, 50yd x1, 50yds x1

Sumo Deads / Back extensions w/orange band 

135x8, 225x8, 275x8, 295x8, 315x8 / 1x10, 1x10, 1x10 

BB Glute Bridge / Rear Dealt Flys 

135x10, 185x10, 185x10, 205x10 / 4x12

Reverse Hypers / Planks 

3x10 / 3x 30seconds 

Well, Postober is over. It was a success in my eyes because it really helped identify what I refused to believe previous: I'm all eff'd up. Hopefully the head start on my posterior chain strength and balancing my body will help as I begin my true off season training next week. Squats will hurt but I'm going to start with light eccentric sets really working on form and proper hip placement. 

Good times ahead. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/16 at 9:19am
10/31/16

Official start of my offseason training! 

Warm Up 

Squat *all reps done with 5 second eccentric phase

135x8, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5 good lord this was hard. Not only the eccentric phase but not going up butt first, having my knees dive in, essentially doing them properly was hard. Lots to work on. 

SSB Bar Suspended Good Mornings 

125x10, 155x10, 175x10 the fire burns in my rear! 

Belt Squat (Narrow Stance) 

3x15 up to 200# using these to get my squat volume in while I fix my real squat. High reps for my actual squat will definitely cause me to go back to poor technique 

Reverse Hypers / Planks / Hamstring Curls 

3x12 / 3x35 seconds / 3x15 at 100# 

Toasted. FInished with a bit of mobility in my hips. 
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/16 at 6:39pm
11/1/16

Warm Up 

Z Press w/ Swiss Bar 

85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 125x5, 125x5, 125x5, 125x5 These were hard to keep close to my face but if I did, they went up alright. Shoulder strength is going slow but steady. 

Swiss Bar Bent Over Rows 

135x8, 185x8, 225x8, 225x8, 225x8 

Incline Bench 

135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 185x5, 205x5 these were hard. Biceps tendonitis still hurty when doing these but Im going to work on it. May be the only benching I do from here on out. 

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press / Face Pulls 

3x15 up to 70 per arm / 3x12 good pump going here 

DB Shoulder Raises / Triceps Push Down / DB Curls 

3x10 / 3x15 / 3x6 @ 40s, 50s, and 60s 

DB Curls Palms up, slow tempo / Dead Bugs 

3x10 @ 25s / 120 reps total
Jeff Kaste

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 128>
  Share Topic