Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
Author
Call me Beauregard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/11 at 1:13pm

I love this log.  Eclectic city.

"Some people like to go out dancing... other people like us, we gotta work." -Lou Reed
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/11 at 3:50am
Hmmmm...

I thought this post was serious until I read:

Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

Rolling around on the floor like some kind of animal doing mobility and rolling on my pvc while my son rides me.  Cross training that with 3 muskateers and Milky way fun size as fast as I can open them.  Lots of milk, skim of course cause we want to keep the fat level down.  People all over the world are starving, there is no way I am letting this candy go to waste.   

Then I knew it was a joke becuase there is no way anyone in the world who cares about mass would drink fkn skim milk.  No way.   

Good one. 
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/11 at 4:24am

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Then I knew it was a joke becuase there is no way anyone in the world who cares about mass would drink fkn skim milk.  No way.   

Good one. 

skim milk allows you to eat MOAR garbage though.

45" trim waist FTW!!!!

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/11 at 4:35am
Skim milk has only like 60% of the calories that whole milk does.  Those are easy calories to put down and I suspect wouldn't affect the number of candy bars eaten.  So we look at it like this:

Whole Milk + 15 fun size bars (300 kcal + 630 kcal = 930 kcal)

or

Skim Milk + 15 fun size bars (180 kcal + 630 kca l= 810 kcal)

Pretty easy choice for me when I'm wanting to put on size.  Do that twice a day and you're talking almost half a pound of bodyweight a week, or 2 pounds a month.  It adds up. 
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/11 at 7:08am

I wish I could ***only*** gain 2lbs a month..

I just gained 2 lbs by eating at Olive Garden for lunch.

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/11 at 7:19am
lol, I'm jelly.

And 2lbs extra from the milk, obv.

Me and Myles are not that way, which is why I figured he was joking with the skim milk. 
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/11 at 1:35am
The fact is I have not gained over 5 pounds in a year I think ever.  I am the original skinny kid, my metabolism never slowed down.  Have done the wake up in the night for a shake, beef at 6 AM cause Arnold told me in his book to do that back in the 70's, and 17 eggs a day between meals(don't know how to cook them), 500 dessicated livers a week, orchic, algae protein, you name it.  Over 34 years of trying to gain weight.  17 cupcakes at one sitting is my record currently.  Real homemade ones that are full size, not fun size.  Last night I laid around and ate more, cat fish, and then did a lot of icecream and had the Hersheys all over it heavy.  Then hit some candy cause it was there winking at me from the bowl, then to chocolate milk for goodness.  That candy appears to have a form of non verbal communication w me.  I feel like I am filling back up in my muscles, I was clearly over trained and the rest is starting to work.  Feels great.  I so want to hit the gym, hard to just sit and rest.    
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/11 at 4:11am

The fact is I have not gained over 5 pounds in a year I think ever.  I am the original skinny kid, my metabolism never slowed down.  Have done the wake up in the night for a shake, beef at 6 AM cause Arnold told me in his book to do that back in the 70's, and 17 eggs a day between meals(don't know how to cook them), 500 dessicated livers a week, orchic, algae protein, you name it.  Over 34 years of trying to gain weight.  17 cupcakes at one sitting is my record currently.  Real homemade ones that are full size, not fun size.  Last night I laid around and ate more, cat fish, and then did a lot of icecream and had the Hersheys all over it heavy.  Then hit some candy cause it was there winking at me from the bowl, then to chocolate milk for goodness.  That candy appears to have a form of non verbal communication w me.  I feel like I am filling back up in my muscles, I was clearly over trained and the rest is starting to work.  Feels great.  I so want to hit the gym, hard to just sit and rest.    

I would balloon. Then die.

Back in college, now and then, I'd have five doughnuts and coffee for breakfast. Not every day, but now and then. The girls HATED me.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/11 at 12:43am
Alan, I had almost that many for a mid morning snack the other day, I had no choice, my route took me by a Duncan Donuts and there was just no options.  The thing has a drive in for the love of god.  I came off the interstate like a scene from Bullet.  Oh and my training, still laying here in the midst of a carb fest.  I see pumpkin pie on the horizon.  Nothing holds up whip cream like a home made pumpkin pie.  Pure goodness.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/11 at 1:34pm
Got back in the gym tonight after a week rest.  Felt great, much better.  Went in and did some bike and shoulder mobility and cuff work to get warmed up.  Then incline, worked my way up to a 315 single, that was better.  Then went down and hit 275 for 4.  Nothing great but improvement.  Did a set of plyo pushups with one fat oly plate on each side. 

Standing dumbell presses, 65 x 5, 75 x 5, 85 x 4.  For some reason got dizzy the first rep with my breath and had to pause in mid first rep to get it back together.  But the 85's still felt good.

2 sets to failure with some side laterals, used the 30's

Then some decline skull crushers with only a plate on each side.  Did 3 sets of high reps.  Tris felt good. 

Came home to some beef ravioli with bread sticks.  Then a new home made pound cake for dessert.  Spotted some chocolate donuts in the kitchen for dessert b later. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
mike pockoski View Drop Down

Top 10 in the USA - '09-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pockoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 12:11am
myles, the food diary made me laugh.

i hear you about the dunkin' - they put crack in their
doughnuts and coffee to keep you comin' back. just
finished a ham, egg, & cheese bagel here and i'm gonna wash
it down with this lg coffee and chase it with a boston
creme and this apple fritter...as you say, just for
goodness.

nice...
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 1:56am
+1 on the Dunkin' Donuts.

Dunkin' Donuts > Krispy Kreme, ainec. 
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 6:44am
I've been introduced to Dunkin Doughnuts my Mister Mike and supercool Mindy. It's a good thing they don't have 'em out here......
ken crum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 8:21am

I'll take Krispy Kremes over Dunkin any day........

Not to hijack or start a debate or anything....

crum
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 8:31am
I think everyone knows about the horrible tornado that came through Tuscaloosa and destroyed our Crispy Creme.  Yes we have gone that long without the donut in Tuscaloosa as we don't have a Dunkin here.  Through the grace of god I will be in Birmingham working Thursday and have made a mental check to hit the drive through for 3 chocolate frosted and a skim milk.  I think the difference in the two is that Krispy is a yeast donut?  Ken, I am w you on this one.    
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/11 at 1:00am
Did an hour of rolling on my softball and PVC and mobility work last night.  I also did in a couple chocolate donuts, some pound cake and milk.  Since I do the mobility work partner style with my son and daughter I got hit in the head once w the softball when was not using it and then got a shot to the head w the PVC.  Takes it up a notch. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 12:09am
Had some lat fun last night.  Went in and skipped the bike as there was a bunch of heavies on there and they looked like they were going to be there a month or so.  Did some shoulder mobility and cuff work.  Then went to pull downs. 

Wide grip lat pulls in front, worked up to the stack for 8
Then went pull ups.  Was not warm enough I guess for how heavy I am and the first couple sets hurt my shoulders and elbows.  By 3rd set I felt better and did a few.  That was enough to get 5 there now.  I did 17 before they cut me open the last few times.  Obviously I have some ground to make up. 

Then went to some alternating curls standing.  Started at the 30's and worked up 10 pounds at a time until I got to the 90's and did 3 in each hand w them.  Felt nice to be in sight of the 100's again.  I could have done them last night, but did not want to be greedy..... yet. 

Did some concentration curls w 30's Arnold style standing and bent over.  Did 2 sets to failure.  It was cold here in town, my guns were feeling right and I was exploring the gym space and feeling froggy and was ready to jump.  I had a bicep fever and there was no cure. 

Love driving home after a nice session, feel so relaxed and happy.  I needed this as my daughter has now turned 16 and had a special late night movie thing.  Had some chicken and baked potato, then found some chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen that Cheryl had made for me.  Wonderful w a 32 oz glass of chocolate milk.  Pure goodness.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 9:45am
Myles, I always love reading your entries. Very inspiring and entertaining. I
envy you for your nutritionist. Can I hire Cheryl to be mine?
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/11 at 4:35pm
Went out early this morning, it was sunny and cool.  Just a gorgeous day, threw some light hammer w no boots off the concrete and then did some sheaf.  Felt real good, the body felt stronger.  I enjoyed the morning.  Came home and Chery did up 5 eggs and some bacon w toast.  Tonight had some pork chops w rice and gravy.  Then chocolate cake made by Cheryl.  And no she is not for hire.  Had a piece of cake that has its own zip code.  Watching football seemed to take a lot out of me tonight. 

I think on the throwing page or training that you should have some wins before you wheeling your advice out to people.  And a lot of wins.   I am a hack so I am not giving advice, but some of these guys don't know enough to know what they don't know.  You know? 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/11 at 4:36pm
Oh yea, my side burns are getting bad ass and I just sing Viva las vegas all the time.  Cheryl hates them.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/11 at 11:56pm
The King Lives!
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 1:58am
I went in last night and gave myself the gift of squat.  I was nervous as I always am before a squat day.  I need the day to go well, it is the key day of the week.  Plus Monday you have additional stress and need to tune up your head at the gym. 

Squat
135 x 3, 135 x 3, 225 x 3, 315 x 2, 365 x 1, 405 x 3
Pause squat 135 x 3

Started using wraps again, I need to do this at least over 315 with the knee injury I have had.  Squat felt good, still had the back bite the last couple of sets. 

Did some one leg press one set of 20 each leg and then added another plate and did a set of 10 w each leg.  Focus getting deep w the rep and feeling the hammy working

2 sets of high rep leg extensions, 20 reps and 2 sets of 20 rep leg curls.  I felt right after that. 

Came home for the best post workout meal there is.  Birthday cake, and I had a giant piece.  The kids could not wait, so we slopped the hog there.  Cheryl then did a steak up on the grill for me.  Laid there and watched some football and did about an hour of mobility work for the lower back and all.  This week is also my anniversary w Cheryl, we have been hanging out about 29 years.  So I expect some pie this week.  Pumpkin and Pecan.  She also does dressing w gravy that is insane good.  Then the sweet potato cassarole w melted marsh mellows on top.  All that w a big bird.  The week is looking up.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 2:23am
I use wraps over 300 as well.  I tried the neoprene only thing but it didn't seem to make much difference when it was time to throw or do other stuff.  So I feel like I didn't get much "stronger" just used less weight and had more sore knees.  I'm old enough that my ego can handle  saying " ya, I use knee wraps". Plus the lady's at Inzer are always so nice on the phone... 
Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
mike pockoski View Drop Down

Top 10 in the USA - '09-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pockoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 4:00pm

Then went to some alternating curls
standing.  Started at the 30's and worked up 10 pounds at a
time until I got to the 90's and did 3 in each hand w
them. 

LOVE this type of lifting. will do this in your honor next
upper day.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/11 at 1:41am
I am sore.  Not casual sore, I am talking very sore hard to get off the toilet looking for something to grab sore.  Cheryl of course always worrying I am going to have the Fred Sanford big one any second looks and asks if something is wrong.  Yes, I am so sore if I cough my body hurts like crazy.  Got the word, Pecan pie is first to come out of the oven.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/11 at 1:57am
Squats Rule!!!!!
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/11 at 1:26am
Went in to push last night and felt good.  Starting to get my swole on and I warmed up w some bike and shoulder work. 

Incline 135 x 5, 135 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 315 x 1, then missed 335.  Have no idea why I missed this other than the obvious.  But really bothers me I missed it.  Went down and hit 275 and did 5 and had a forced rep on the 6 rep.  Improvement for sure, but the 335 bothers me.  I will crush that in 7 days. 

Went over and did one set of flat dumbells.  did the huns for a dozen, cause that was all that was in my tank.  Then did two sets of dips to failure. 

One arm shoulder press, did the 60 for 8 and then 70 for 8
2 sets of side laterals to failure.  Then 2 sets of rear delt on some goofy fly machine all the weak dudes and chick use.  No problem getting in there and working in. 

Decline french curls.  Elbows felt good, so did three sets to failure.  Only had 90 pounds on the curl bar for these, and what ever the bar weighed. 

Came home for chicken and beer. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/11 at 2:19am
Pecan pie for breakfast is the way to go I found. 

Went out Thanksgiving morning alone on the field.  58 degrees and sunny.  Just a wonderful day to throw a little light hammer and sit out in the silence and think, relax, reflect.  I love the time alone sometimes out throwing.  Talk about therapy. 

Came home and ate until I was full and then ate more.  The meal was perfect.  Just the best turkey, tender and moist.  Dressing and gravy that was crazy good.  Then the choice of pecan or pumpkin pie.  When you can't make a good decision, you do both.  I did. 

Lay on the floor for the last football game and do some mobility and softball rolling.  More food.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/11 at 6:57am
Pecan pie is 100% anabolic.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/11 at 12:56am
Friday after Thanksgiving was typical for me.  Went to the gym in the morning for a session.  Did some lat and bicep.  This is such fun, it is also supposed to be short and out.  Started out with some bike riding but it was so boring I could not stand it long.  Then did some static stretching for the lower back and legs.  On to shoulder cuff work and then some pull downs on the machine in front of the head.  Worked up to the stack.  Seemed warm enough and did some pull ups.  3 sets of 5 reps was all.  I felt heavy for some reason.  Hope it was not confused with weak.  Went to some curls standing alternating.  Started with the 25's and worked up 10 pounds a set until I did the 95's for 3 reps each arm.  That was harder than it should have been.  Had to work there and it made my back talk to me.  Did three sets of concentration curls and was done. 

Came home and ate lunch and followed that with a large and I mean large piece of pumpkin pie with home made whip cream.  The home made stuff is more addictive than crack.  Wow was that good.  Knowing I just took in a ton of calories and had trained I did what anyone in athletics would do.  I took a nap.  Got up to watch football and not move again.  Did a massive left over meal later.  I am nervous as we are getting low on the turkey and dressing. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
  Share Topic