Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

149th Victoria Highland Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 149th Victoria Highland Games
    Posted: 12/21/11 at 4:49am

On behalf of the Victoria Highland Games Association  I would like to announce that for the 149th Victoria Highland Games we will be hosting the CSAF Canadian Open Championships on May 19th and 20th, 2012.  We are very excited to host the top ten thrower's in Canada for the Championships, and looking at the top ten as they stand now it is looking to be a great showdown of perennial favorites with some new blood mixed in.  Invites will be going out shortly and I will update once we have a set field.

We will also be hosting full field of Amateur A, Amateur B, Women’s, Masters, and Novice divisions.  Applications should be on the website in the New Year.  Remember that Comox Highland Games is also on the Saturday for those that wish to do the double header.

Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:17am
You can count on The O'Neill's, Big Daddy and the Lovely Angie as well as the Lathrops, Hoss and Candy Sprinkles to represent the Pacific Northwest, USA! We will also offer up our help on the days we are not copeteing.
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Greg York View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg York Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/11 at 10:39am
Are these games open to all (including clueless novice masters)?
Watch for falling rocks!
swollenknuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/11 at 11:35am
Originally posted by bigirish01 bigirish01 wrote:

You can count on The O'Neill's, Big Daddy and the Lovely Angie as well as the Lathrops, Hoss and Candy Sprinkles to represent the Pacific Northwest, USA! We will also offer up our help on the days we are not copeteing.

Thank you Jay, that is very appreciated.  It is always a good time when you all come up.
Ray Siochowicz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/11 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Greg York Greg York wrote:

Are these games open to all (including clueless novice masters)?

Greg yes we are an open games, we will probably cap the classes of at a certain number.  Applications will be on the website in the new year and the earlier you send them in the better.  Hope to see you here.
Ray Siochowicz

Greg York View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg York Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/04/12 at 7:32am
Heya, Ray.   I see the 149th games are announced with dates et al.   The event paperwork is still titled as 2011.   

Send that, or wait until 2012 materials are posted?

We older dudes are impatient.  We don't have as much time to waste.

:D
Watch for falling rocks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/04/12 at 12:20pm
Hey Greg,

Best to wait until the 2012 forms are up, I should have them soon or pm me your email and I will send it direct to you.

Thanks
Ray
Ray Siochowicz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/12 at 4:00pm
uploads/3338/2012_VHGA_Heavy_Events_Entry_Form.doc

Hello All,

How is everyone doing, great I hope.  Attached is a copy of the registration form for the Victoria Highland Games coming up on May 19th and 20th, 2012.  If you are planning on coming to compete please get your entry forms in quick as I have to limit the number of athletes in each class.  Saturday morning will feature the Juniors, Novices and Amateur B's and Sunday morning will feature the Masters, Women and Amateur A's.  In the afternoon we will be featuring the CSAF Canadian Championships, an invite only contest featuring the top throwers from around Canada.  Also this year I am pleased to announce that we will be hosting a clinic on the Friday before the games (May 18th) that will be taught by five time World Champion Ryan Vierra, those of you that have attended one of his clinics in the past know how amazing a teacher he is.  It will be a three hour clinic starting at 2pm.  We will be capping the number of athletes attending the clinic at 20 so again please get your entry forms in asap.   Also for those of you competing on Sunday remember that the Comox Games is on the Saturday, if you are interested in the double header contact Karyn Dallimore to find out more about Comox.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you

Ray Siochowicz, Athletic Director

Victoria Highland Games Association

Email: heavyevents@victoriahighlandgames.com

Or   showhavich@gmail.com

Ray Siochowicz

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic