Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Nike weightlifting on sale.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nike weightlifting on sale.
    Posted: 12/27/11 at 9:52am
http://www.roguefitness.com/nike-romaleos-weightlifting-shoes.php

Rogue has these on close out.  They are great I am very happy with them.  I have no relationship with Rogue just saying this is a great price for a shoe that could last a decade for great lifting.  If you don't use weightlifting shoes, well then just stay awful.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 9:59am
Do you real go down a size and 1/2?
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 10:04am
Good God, $145?!  I have to admit, though, those are some good looking shoes.

Edited by JSiau10 - 12/27/11 at 10:10am
I'm just an idiot, pretending to be smart.
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 10:41am
I went with my regular nike size.  They fit fine.

They are pricey but with any attempt at taking care of them they can last almost the course of you lifting career.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by MAT$O MAT$O wrote:

If you don't use weightlifting shoes, well then just stay awful.

brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by JSiau10 JSiau10 wrote:

Good God, $145?!  I have to admit, though, those are some good looking shoes.

Yeah not paying 145.00 for any shoe
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 2:56pm
A good weight lifting show is an investment.  If you don't use them now it is hard to understand but I cant even imagine not having a good pair of weight lifting shoes.  I think I do almost every lift in them other than DL.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

swollenknuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 6:05pm
Would you guys recommend the nike's over some of the other companies that make weightlifting shoes.  I noticed that there are a few out there that make shoes for much less cost (i.e. Adidas, Do-wins, Risto, etc)  I don't really know anything about wl shoes but a google search turned up this website ( http://wlshoes.com/ ) that reviews weightlifting shoes.  What would you guys in your experience say is your favorite shoes.
Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/11 at 11:54pm
I have a pair of wrestling shoes and a pair of olympic lifting shoes. I am set :-)
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 12:24am
Originally posted by swollenknuck swollenknuck wrote:

Would you guys recommend the nike's over some of the other companies that make weightlifting shoes. 

Nah.  But those do look the best, lol.  

I noticed that there are a few out there that make shoes for much less cost (i.e. Adidas, Do-wins, Risto, etc)  I don't really know anything about wl shoes but a google search turned up this website ( http://wlshoes.com/ ) that reviews weightlifting shoes.  What would you guys in your experience say is your favorite shoes.

That site is good. 

It's really just personal preference.  I have had adidas ironworks and adidas power lift trainer, and they are both fine.  Kara has like 6 pair of oly shoes, all different brands, and the differences are just basically heel height and comfort.  She wears a different heel height for different lifts, but I'm not good enough to ever notice a difference. 

There will be lots of new oly shoes coming out Q1 of 2012 from every brand. 
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 2:39am
Seriously $145 is not that much for shoe you will use for years. I have had my Adistars for 6 years now and they are are broken in but still have a lot of life in them. Theses shoes will last because you wear them for workouts, not going to and from gym and everywhere in between. I believe these were the shoes style provided for lifters during the last Olympic games as well.
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
swollenknuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 3:49am
Thanks Guys, do you wear the weightlifting shoes for Deadlifts as well.  
Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:07am
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:30am
I DL in my socks or slippers... It puts you in a better position to drive through the heels and sit back.  Also lifting the bar an extra 1" just sounds childish.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:32am

Thanks Guys, do you wear the weightlifting shoes for Deadlifts as well.  

Squats, deads, push press, even just normal pressing, as well as the olifts.

I'd balk at $150 bucks for shoes I was going to kill in a year too, but I think I paid $125 for mine and I've had them for 12 years.

But, as Josh points out, there ARE options.
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:44am
Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

These are 19.99:

http://www.vsathletics.com/product.php?xProd=1917&jssCart=128e5aad8547b647fce0d949b64fa445

Awesome if you're a size 7.
Andy Vincent View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:45am
I have an old pair of Adidas Ironworks that I've beaten the crap out of for 4 years and they're still great. I squat, press, & throw WOB in them, and can't imagine not having a pair of weightlifting shoes.

Nothing wrong with the Rogue, or VS shoes, but most of the guys that I know replace them every year. Just a thought.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 4:52am
I put up some thoughts on pulling in oly shoes on here once Ray, if I get some time I'll dig it up or you can search for it.  
Tim P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 5:14am
I like Matts new picture....Thumbs Up

"K-K-Yeah! I'm the RocknRoll Clown... I do cocaine!"

"What's the matter boy? you got ants in your pants?
No Ma'am...hot steel balls!"
Jerry Clower
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 6:13am
Deads are in socks
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 6:15am
I wore my soles out on my old blue Puma lifting shoes from 1984. Lifting shoes make a difference because they have a hard heal that is elevated which helps you keep your toes down and prevents you from rocking back and it also provides solid lateral stability. you can get by in a good pair of work boots until you buy a pair. I like Adidas they are proven, nike has had issues in the past and $145 is a bit of cash. I'm not a fashionesta like these other guys but when your old and ugly like me your just naturally cool. So it don't matter what you look like in the gym. Unless you single and twenty something. and your all about look at me look at me. 
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 6:28am
fwiw, semi on topic, you can always have your oly shoes re-soled if necessary.  
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 5:18pm
Dude their almost as old as you, it's time for something new. I wore the strap out and had it mended, like 20 years ago. Plus I pitched them out with my old Elieko gear bag. I'm sure they saw millions of pounds in their life. Plus the shoe's were funky powder blue, they cost me $40 and I bought them in nevada from a mail order place. I had gone up to Bruce Wilhelms place in Daily city and he was selling these $hitty polish jobs that were crappy to say the least. I want Wesco Boots to build me a pair of lifting shoes, I turned an old pair of their work boots into hammer shoe because they needed to be resoled.

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/11 at 1:03am
I'm not that young!

I wasn't saying it specifically to your situation Kel, just in general that it's common to have oly shoes re-soled. 

By the way, anyone looking to buy oly shoes right now really should have a good fashion sense and get those sweet Russian Risto boots.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/11 at 1:04am
Found 'em:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic