FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Calaveras games in Angle's Camp, Ca?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calaveras games in Angle's Camp, Ca?
    Posted: 2/23/12 at 9:17am
Calaveras games - on 3/3-3/4 - anyone got any info on these games?  I actually have the weekend off, because my wife is going out of town and I need to be home with the kids, but I think I could swing a few hours for some throwing.
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/12 at 1:57pm
If you're referring to the Sonora Celtic Faire...
http://www.sonoracelticfaire.com/

The two times I went (it's where I first concocted the idea that I might possibly wear a kilt) it was heavy on music, vendors and re-enactors.  I went for the music (Wolfstone was over from Scotland) and there's tons of it.  The Faire is a blast.   They host live-steel jousting, where they actually try to knock the other guy off the horse.

But athletics?  It's there, off in a corner I think, but it's by no means a focal point of the event, at all. However, if you want to do it, Justin Rosa is your man....Magni Corps throwers..

http://magnicorps.com/

Lex Miller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/12 at 3:53pm
In the database there is a games event in Angel's Camp on 3/3-3/4.
The Sonora games are like two weeks later or so...

I just HAPPEN to have that specific weekend(3/3-3/4) off from work...just checking out games.  There is one in Pomona, but my wife will be in that area for her cheer team competition and I don't think she wants me there.
Old Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 3:56pm
Looks to be March 9-11 according to the Sonora Celtic Faire website.

Athletics not listed as an attraction.  Jousting is the big deal there and has been since the late 1990s when the games were held in Angels Camp.  Used to always be held around St Paddy's Day.
Over Fork Over
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic