FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

training log: Eddie Brown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/13 at 8:43pm
Morning Gym Sesh

F Squat up to single @455
B Squat up to Single @585 rep out @ 495, got 7.

Hammers @ Lunch

Had a hard time not being greedy today.  Kept gassing the 1st and/or 2nd revolution and wasn't able to continue accelerating into finish.  Not a terrible hammer day but certainly nothing to write home about.  No videos because I made some unfortunate mistakes when trimming them.
Eddie The Brown
eddie.brown View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/13 at 10:32pm
Weights at Lunch

Was trying to be patient today as it seems my difficulties as of late have all been timing issues.  WFD is a confusing event for me because it's unlike hammers in that you don't necessarily need to get progressively faster as the throw goes on.  Seems more like a slow, fast abrupt stop type of movement.  Trying to wait for the weight to climb my right side before swiveling out of the back, then going immediately after landing in sprint position and getting feet planted for a big finish.  Also continuing to focus on kicking weight out in the back away from me to start a nice healthy orbit.  

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/13 at 10:19pm
Lunch Stones

Everything felt good today.  Throws weren't perfect technically but distances were all near PR range for me.  No complaints here.

Eddie The Brown
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/13 at 9:47pm
Oh...man...
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/13 at 10:06pm
Weights @ Lunch

I've finally had enough of being rotational and hopping around the trig like an X Games wanna be (although I get some serious air with the HW in my hand).  Jake showed me a drill that will become my new best friend and hopefully give my sprint a good kick in the arse.  Seems as though at this point it's sort of too late to change much before Dana Point (hence the song choice) but a boy can dream can't he?  Figured out I need to focus on casting the weight out to my right and letting my shoulder joint guide it around so I can beat the weight on my swivel out of the back.  You'd think by this point I'd at the very least have the cast down but this is not the case.  Also, looking forward to meeting Duncan McCallum so I can friend request him on Facebook without it being creepy.  

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/13 at 10:19pm
Wanted to build some confidence and get in a few solid reps so hit HWFD again this morning.  Felt good, I've still got lots of stuff I'd like to fix but I'll worry about that after Dana Point.  Looked online today to see we start with Heavy Hammer Saturday morning.....not my preference but I'll have to try and make the best of it.  

Eddie The Brown
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/13 at 8:50am
Looks good Eddie.

Starting with HH is always bad.
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/26/13 at 9:46pm
WFD @ Lunch

Got out today for some throws with the 28, shin splint city today.  Wonder if I ran more like D-Mac if my legs would become shin splint resistant.  I'm trying to become more linear with my weights and started practice by doing linear drills w/out weight in hand in the trig.  Didn't take a bunch of throws as my left leg felt as though it was getting worse but a helpful observer told me I was driving more linear, new issue is no height on release.  Need to work on keeping linear drive while also "driving to zero" w/ the weight before releasing into vector.  
Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/30/13 at 6:42pm
WFD @ Lunch

As my lwfd performance was extremely dissapointing in Dana Point I've decided to throw it more often.  Watching video and trying to figure out if I'm becoming more linear or just spinning faster....

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/08/13 at 8:58pm
Super Sunday Session  

Got everything on video with the exception of hammers as it started to rain.  Been working on getting closer to a block on Braemar and I think I'm making some good progress.  Need to work on following through with my torso and firing my arm away from me into the sector.

Started a restructure of weights today.  You can see in video that my 1st HW today used my old style and then I began attempting restructure.  I'm not turning torso as much to side of field on cast and not allowing weight to cross the back of the trig any longer.  This is moving my low point and putting me in a better position to sprint and finish strong.  You can see in the video that I'm so accustomed to countering hard behind me on throws from a diagonal low point that the continued practice results in me falling out the side of the trig.  Hopefully this will lead me to more consistent throws.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/13 at 8:54pm
Hammer session today at lunch.  No video.  Trying to change the way I complete revolutions on hammer so I can be more consistent.  Had PR's in heavy and light on second round of practice.  Trying to break down McKim's form and imitate as best I can.  Not as worried about keeping arms straight throughout all revolutions.  116 LH and 94'6" HH.  Hopefully I can keep extending my range and get some on film this weekend.
Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/13 at 9:02pm
Stones 9.11.2013

I've been trying to get my kick out of the back of the trig stronger recently and feel that this was a good session for that.  Need to work on being patient at the front of the trig and getting that coveted "backwards C" I've been hearing so much about.  I'm not there but I have a better idea of where I'm going.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/13 at 8:47am
Still getting used to me new approach out of the back.  Felt more balanced today without any spills at the end of the throw.  Still rotational and I believe this is because I'm so slow with my feet that by the time I pivot my left foot towards the vector to drive forward with the weight I need to re-position my feet already because the weight has caught up to me.  Need to tape a ladder on my back porch for some speed work with my feet, perhaps it will help.  Best toss was 35'6" 

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/13 at 2:25pm
Need to watch myself on WFD so I don't back foul.  Need to hold upper back on ostone.  Need to make hammer progressively faster instead of same speed throughout.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/13 at 9:32pm
Call me crazy but I believe I might be slowly gaining control of my HWFD again after the most recent restructure.  Still not consistent but I plan to be in another couple weeks.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 8:35am
Stones were ok today.  Trying to focus on twisting into my block with some good separation instead of shifting my entire upper body and jumping.  Blegh.  This is a very tough thing to do.  

Hammers were all 110+ which is good for me since consistency has been a concern.  Need to work on catching the hammer earlier for a  longer push in each revolution of the throw except perhaps the first revolution for now since I'm not ready for that much speed.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/13 at 9:13pm
Hit a dead lift PR today @585 so that's good.  My dead lift has been sub par since I started dead lifting a year ago, hoping to get into the 600 club this off season.

Weights felt awkward but had some ok throws 36+ feet.  Good for me anyhow.  If only I could sprint.

Eddie The Brown
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 6:08pm
THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING!

Dude, I know you are training...
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 6:29pm
Guilty as charged.  Although my tripod is broken so I've had to rely on the kindness of strangers to film me.  Luckily the strangers in my area are quite kind.

Eddie The Brown
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 6:32pm
I will contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 6:39pm
Please schedule some time during your weekend at the Arnold Classic for a tickle fight.

I must warn you though, I'm the reigning champ at my house.
Eddie The Brown
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 6:44pm
Hahahaha.

Dude, after the beating I am liable to receive out on the field I'm liable to just go back to the hotel and hide in my throwing bag.

You doing the Ahnuld?
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/13 at 7:20pm
Yes sir.  I must see the homeland of Sully and Brozina.  

Also I would like to meet. Nick and a few others.
Eddie The Brown
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/13 at 2:26pm
Look at you two getting along so well. Warms my heart.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/13 at 2:37pm
Besties.
The man in the arena.
adambrezina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/13 at 3:55pm
You're my best friend
Skinny guy trying to get big
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/13 at 4:29pm

You don't call, you don't write...

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE ADAM!!!
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/13 at 7:48am
Today was a day of firsts.  And that's all I've got to say about that.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/13 at 7:52am
Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/13 at 6:22pm
Eddie The Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic