Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arnold Classic Highland Games 2014 Competitor List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Arnold Classic Highland Games 2014 Competitor List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/13 at 7:39pm
Cant believe spin is allowed..  Very disappointed..
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/13 at 7:44pm
The man in the arena.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/13 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Steve Conway Steve Conway wrote:

The pro class is standing only...

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/13 at 8:11pm
That's cool.

I think I'll just stand.
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 6:31am
Got to be honest very surprised ..... and on the fence as a result.
I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 6:51am
Hug17/20 making a stand!  i was also suprised  thought they would do the same as the pros and stand and deliver 
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 7:52am
You wonder who's running the show ... Conway notes no spin pros.....there are 5 other groups.

Taking a stand- I just prefer to honor the tradition of the games and choose to associate and compete with those who do as well.
chirolifter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 8:04am
50+ group- STAND and deliver..  Im in..  Who else!!  I know Myles will and probably Berle..  How about you Mike B??
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
S McCracken View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 8:11am
Gene, I like where this is going.
North American Highlander Ohio Chair

www.nahighlander.com

Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 9:28am
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 9:38am
I may just have to come up and watch, but I vote Stand!
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 9:42am
I'm in charge of the pro class, with the winner getting an automatic invite to the 2014 World Championships in Scotland, it's stand only. Brian Huntley makes the calls on the am classes, I'm not sure what the tradition is at the GLSAA games but he seems to be a reasonable guy.
dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 9:45am
Originally posted by rob meulenberg rob meulenberg wrote:

Kinda like this pic.  I only just figured out a part of my stand, no way in heck I'll have spining down by March. Means the brothers will have WOB wrapped up.
---------
I have very few social interaction skills, so I just throw stuff instead.
DaleGehman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleGehman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 10:24am
Gene, for what it's worth, stand's fine by me. But, I throw better standing anyhow, lol.
Partner in JDJ Caber Co. "Proudly serving the Scottish Heavy Athlete with fine cabers for sale. No orders too large or too small."
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 3:28pm
Geno and Don are correct, STAND
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Lucas McDonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 4:22pm
As far as GLSAA's stand for spin goes, it is generally left up to the group of athletes that show up to throw.  If no one cares that spinning is allowed than it is allowed, but if there is an issue from any thrower in that class then stand only.  Being the person does a great deal of the judging for GLSAA over the past 4 years or so I do not care either way.  As long as a good show for the crowd is had then all is well.  If spinning is allowed overall then that is fine, but if a particular class chooses not to spin then so be it.
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 4:48pm
I think that the only "A" that spins or has spun is Isaac.  Right?
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 5:26pm
As far as GLSAA's stand for spin goes, it is generally left up to the group of athletes that show up to throw.  If no one cares that spinning is allowed than it is allowed, but if there is an issue from any thrower in that class then stand only.

Looks like standing huh?

This is just to make  me do deads right my metal head brothers?  * joke warning *

How bout side slinging 50+ ? I am old and weak and small looking for an edge...Wink
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 5:55pm
Make a decision people.

M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 6:05pm
Decision is made .

We stand by their rule.
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
Jim Glover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/13 at 12:43am
Spinning is big deal yo.  
"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/13 at 8:27am
Side sling is considered a stand... Smile
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
glsaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glsaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/13 at 11:08am
To address everyone's questions.

At the events I am AD for, the first and foremost issue is safety. 

1. For the athletes.
2. For the crowd of spectators.

We have had the question posed many times at our events about spinning. The first thing we look at is the above mentioned criteria. Take our largest (as of today) festival we do, The Dublin Irish Festival, it is not safe for the spin due to proximity of the crowd. Therefore we do not permit athletes to spin. 

Based on the amount of space we will have at the Arnold fields I have made the call to allow spinning in the WOB event. 

I know that there are several HIGH LEVEL competitions that allow it as well. The Masters World Championship is one of them. We do have a great group of the athletes that competed out in Albuquerque coming to our event. Our goal is to allow each and every athlete to have the best marks possible on that day.

HOWEVER, if on the day of the competition I deem it not in the best interest of safety for both crowd and athletes due to conditions, I will make the call not to allow it.

Remember we may have snow on the ground... (I HOPE NOT) but it could be possible.

Anyone who has signed up and been selected to compete and does not wish to compete due to this one event has the option to let me know privately. I will refund their entry fee and the next person in line will gladly take their place.

Steve Conway is in charge of the Pros and his decisions are his alone.

Brian
Brian Huntley
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/13 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by glsaa glsaa wrote:

I know that there are several HIGH LEVEL competitions that allow it as well. The Masters World Championship is one of them. We do have a great group of the athletes that competed out in Albuquerque coming to our event.

MWC follows what the local games/AD allows. In Albuquerque, the games and AD allowed spinning. At MWC in Scotland next year, no spinning will be allowed as per information on their home page (http://www.scottishmasters.org/).
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
Adam Sizemore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Sizemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/13 at 11:06pm
Who are the pro athletes? Has it been posted and I'm just missing it?
@Sizemore48
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/13 at 9:09am
Good timing Adam...the pro line-up for the 2014 Arnold:
Dan McKim
Matt Vincent
Andy Vincent
Jake Sullivan
Sean Betz
Mike Zolkiewicz
Mike Pockoski
Jeremy Gillingham
Alternate- Eric Frasure
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/13 at 5:36pm
Look like another great lineup.. going to be a fight.  Do we have a list of the Pro events or are they same as last year?
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/13 at 11:45pm
Same events as last year, open stone, lt/wt dist., lt hammer, wt/ht and caber; hopefully different weather...
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/13 at 7:56am
Ill take the same weather all day long.  If it goes different it could be more snow.. and i mean a lot more snow...
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/13 at 8:23am

Annual Weather Summary: November 2013 to October 2014

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in December, early January, and early February, with the snowiest periods in early December and early March.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic