Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arnold Classic Highland Games 2014 Competitor List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Arnold Classic Highland Games 2014 Competitor List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/13 at 8:47am
Soooooo, like throwing in Minnesota in May.

Rog.

Thumbs Up

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
S McCracken View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/13 at 2:02pm
I hope we have more heaters than last year.

Maybe we need a snow blower too? Evil Smile
North American Highlander Ohio Chair

www.nahighlander.com

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/13 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Steve Conway Steve Conway wrote:

Same events as last year, open stone, lt/wt dist., lt hammer, wt/ht and caber; hopefully different weather...
I agree with Matt, this is going to be a dog fight with these events being several of the various athlete's best events. I can't begin to say how excited I am. Can't wait!!!!
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/14 at 4:23pm
Is this thing still on?  Someone let me know.  If so, I may need to practice or train or lift weights or something.
Detroitpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/14 at 6:13pm
WHAT??????????????  I wasn't invited?????  WTH?????  That's it!  I QUIT!  I'm running off to start a crossfit gym now--that'll teach ya!  Cry Wink
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/14 at 6:40pm
Mike man, I'm pumped to throw but maybe even more pumped to just experience the Arnold Expo. I've wanted to go for nearly 10 years now and I finally get to see it all.

Plus seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger and (if I'm worthy enough) shaking his hand is an opportunity I cannot pass up. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/14 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

DIV]
Plus seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger and (if I'm worthy enough) shaking his hand is an opportunity I cannot pass up. 

Arnold said the same thing about Mike Dickens.
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/14 at 9:14pm
Ok.  guess I'll do some calisthenics, or something . . .

dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/24/14 at 12:28pm
Mike, don't worry about training....you know, I haven't been...so you should just go ahead and eat pizza every meal for the next 5 weeks.  It'll be fine.  Seriously, no really.
---------
I have very few social interaction skills, so I just throw stuff instead.
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/06/14 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Annual Weather Summary: November 2013 to October 2014

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in December, early January, and early February, with the snowiest periods in early December and early March.

Damn farmers alminac....
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/06/14 at 3:22pm
One of my favorite quotes. : )
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/06/14 at 3:24pm
Reference Duncan "see you at the party Ricter." Also, "What happened to Sully?" "I had to let him go."
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/07/14 at 4:14pm
What is the updated list look like for all classes but the pro's?

mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/07/14 at 6:41pm
To the best of my knowledge, the Masters 50+ has seen a handful of withdrawals. All the other groups are pretty much the same with one or two withdrawals and the next inline has been added.
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/14 at 8:09am
I will not be there...that opens up an Am spot I suppose.
The man in the arena.
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/14 at 8:24am
For the OH people...what is the snow depth there?  Deep enough that there will be snow on the ground in 3 weeks?  Is the field going to be plowed of snow if there is a lot of snow?  Should we bring our own shovels?
www.sportkilt.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/14 at 8:41am
Conservatively, there's 4-5" on the ground right now.  I have seen as high as 7" reported in Columbus. 

http://www.weatherstreet.com/city_snow_depth/43085-Columbus-OH-snow-depth.htm

It's not going anywhere and there is more on the way. 

Current Weather

8:53 AM EST FEB 10, 2014
Clear
Mist
3°F
Feels Like: -10°F

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/14 at 8:44am
I take that back, I just looked at a 10 day forcast that had some 40°+ weather and rain...so it could all be gone in the next 3 weeks...
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/14 at 9:36am
I believe the field is above an underground parking structure, so it should have a good drainage system.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
SeanUrq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/14 at 8:03pm
Rob, I was just thinking the same thing last night when I was taking my dogs out. I'm in Northern OH and I have 1 - 2 feet as of now. 

I hope the weather takes a turn for the better.
Mean Well, Speak Well, Do Well
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/14 at 8:57pm
Looks like I will be packing the suitcase a little differently than I do when I'm headed to the islands.  
mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/14 at 4:05pm
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
RandyM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 7:48am
What would be good to bring as far as clothing to throw in?  Looks like it's going to be around 30's for a high on Sunday.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 8:00am
Ams:

Y'all be sure to give lilchiz here on the Board a big thank you; he is donating towels from Kilted Athletics!  I know I know, stealing hotel towels and then blaming it on Muscleburg is half the fun, but he's gone out of his way to get y'all some swag you can use.

Over here...
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 9:47am
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 9:49am
Muscleberg uses towels for a washcloth.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 6:39pm
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/14 at 7:25pm
Please add Kilted Athletics to the sponsors of the Arnold Sports Festival that you will take the time to visit their Facebook page.

Welcome and Thank You,

https://www.facebook.com/kiltedathletics
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
Eric Snow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/14 at 4:25pm
Weather forecast shows high of 27'F, 70% chance of snow, wind @ 13 mph.
Bring the snivel gear!
Snowman
schaive79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schaive79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/14 at 5:18pm
Hope everyone has room in there suitcase for there throwing parka!!!
Intensity Is Everything
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic