FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

North/South 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/14 at 8:35am
Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

Originally posted by nkahanic nkahanic wrote:

I feel like that's a crack at me...you trying to get me wound up?!

I know the best way to get you to do something is to say you can't do it, so yep, that's just what I was doing.
Smile

oh PRock, so fun and easy to play with.
I threw Braemar 9' yesterday.
jammin on the one.
nkahanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkahanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/14 at 12:42pm
Ohhhh everybody pick on the little guy...that being said...how the hell am I the smallest guy on my team at 262?! I better do something special to make up for what I lack in mass...

Ps. Jay jay...I once threw the braemar 9'....
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/16/14 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Sutherland Sutherland wrote:

From the desk of Robert E. Lee

You made a good choice, we lost the ranking board competition, but seeing how it counts for Jack, we still have a chance.

When the invasion comes we will be ready.

I hope everyone north of the Mason Dixon line see us as the underdog too.

Good luck General Grant.

"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:24am
Updates??
feefiefofeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:52am
Top 3 O'stone:

Kahanic 51'8.5
Lorne Colthart 48' 4.5
Kaste 47' 6

Kahanic 51'11 in extras

Edited by feefiefofeather - 1/18/14 at 11:16am
Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond all reason the opinions of others.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 10:38am
Top 3 56# weight:

Kevin Becker:38'6.5
Burchett:37'4.5
Kasson: 37'1.5
Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond all reason the opinions of others.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 10:42am
Heather -- how did the Scotsman divide up on the teams?  Who's on which?

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 11:15am
North:
Lorne Colthart
Kyle Randalls
Craig Nicholson

South:
Neil Elliott
Fraser Ewen
William Falconer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 11:28am
Top 3 LWFD:

Burchett: 78'10.5
Kaste:74'11
Kahanic:71'1
Ali.G View Drop Down
World Champ - ’95

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 11:30am
Go team North then, must be north of Edinburgh tho lol. Team south will definitely win if there is a power lifting event .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 12:42pm
Top 3 HH:

Kyle Randalls: 104 2.5
Kasson: 94'4
Lorne Colthart: 91'11.5

Kyle Randall new field record @ 105' 1.25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 12:54pm
Light hammer for exhibition:

Kyle Randall, 130'4 for new field record
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 1:08pm
I bet Nelly wins the caber . . .
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 1:16pm
My money's on Sasquatch.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 1:26pm
3 events to go, my phone is probably going to die, I'll try to get one more in before the battery's gone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 2:32pm
Top 3 caber:

Travis Gardner 9:45
Lorne Colthart 80 degrees
Neil Elliott 70 degrees

Edited by feefiefofeather - 1/18/14 at 3:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 4:33pm
Top 3 sheaf:

Kaste
Kahanic
Kasson

All made 32', all missed at 34.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 6:04pm
Kevin won wob at 16. Isaac second at 16. Nick, kyle, chuck tied for third at 15

Aggregate:

Isaac 3rd
Kasson 2nd
Kahanic 1st

North Team wins overall.

Congrats guys!
Chad Ullom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Ullom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 6:11pm
Great job North!
Ali.G View Drop Down
World Champ - ’95

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 7:50pm
January? your distances are shite you bunch of pussies. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 7:54pm
Great job to everyone, it was a fantastic competition to watch. Especially Kyle Randalls in the hammers.
nkahanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkahanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:09pm
That was an awesome competition...the south team smacked us in the mouth every time we got a big lead....Kevin Becker is a freak....he's so explosive. Travis Gardner is legitimately the strongest guy I've ever thrown against...Shane Sutherland did an awesome job, with one leg throwing, and with putting a team together that made us nervous, quite a few times...Isaac burchett one again dazzled us with his good looks and incredible throwing...my hat off to them. They truly were a 'money ball' style team that I didn't see coming. Super impressed.

Further more...to the guys on the North Team. Mission accomplished gentlemen. You guys made me look like a genius, at times anyways....thanks for an amazing time, and thank you for putting up with my never ending pep talks and bothering you for months to make sure you're all still good haha. Well done! Go North!
CLAN BOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAN BOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:15pm
Well done Nickolus Maximus and Team North
THROW MORE SUCK LESS
birchsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birchsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/14 at 1:00pm
Agreed with Craig.  In the past (a while ago), it was all about picking the captains (who weren't necessarily the top throwers) and letting them pick the team they felt represented their region the best.  While merit and ranking went a long way, we all know that ranking isn't everything.  It is attitude, showmanship, overall likability, etc.  Until this sport is more formally organized (and I hope it never really is), it will always be that way.

Birch
birchsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birchsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/14 at 1:01pm
Glad to see the North prevailed again! :)
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/21/14 at 7:40am
Another year and another fantastically run North/South games! I had an absolute blast despite not throwing up to my standard. Thank you's must be given to KC and his crew for running one of the best games in the country, to Rich Gideon for again being a terrific judge, and to Adrian Wilson for being a regular Bob Costas on the mic. Also a big shout out to all the Scots who made the long journey to be a part of both teams! It was an honor to throw beside you all and get to know you as well!

The North won and I feel like that is enough to get me to forget about my individual performances. Being immortalized on that cup has been a goal of mine for a few years now, and now I can check it off the list. 

I am sad that as a pro, I will never go to North/South again, but I hope the North continues to show up and kick some tail!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Sutherland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/21/14 at 8:35am
Can't say enough about the weekend the people and the event. From our judges, AD, Susan, Chip, the fans placing bets on us. It was awesome.

I thought we had them, but as the day wore on like the actual war the south just ran out of steam, the Industrial military complex of the north was just too much for us and the beat us in our event. Nick, Jeff, Chuck and Matt really attacked the sheaf and we did not meet expectations. I am so unbelievably proud of the men I picked for this team and for them to have competed the way they did. They caught the North and the scots off guard and impressed all who were there to see it. 7 events and the only guy to win 2 was Becker! North Vs South caber 2 years of throws, only 1 guy turned it Travis Gardner! Think of the now and future pros who failed to do that. If you didn't or don't know them you will and should. Issac was our top dog in the hunt all day, glad I get to compete with him one more time at Arnold, In the end the Scottish women said he brushed his hair 7 times in between each throw.
The scots threw in major monkey wrenches in, but ours did too. I can't wait to throw and hangout with them all again I have no voice from laughing and screaming all weekend.

Not sure who reads these if anyone from the games committee, but you all treat the athletes amazing at this games and we appreciate it more then you know. As amateurs an experience like this is the closest some of us will ever get to being a pro and I hope you continue to support us in this way.

Thanks
Shane Sutherland
schaive79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schaive79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/27/14 at 1:58pm
Congrats to the North team on the victory.I was competing in the novice group and watched you guys during our breaks.I unfortunately didn't get to chat much with you guys but maybe next time on that note.Will probably see you guys at the arnold.
Intensity Is Everything
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/14 at 1:03pm
Winning is good

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Andy Vincent View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/14 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Sutherland Sutherland wrote:

North Vs South caber 2 years of throws, only 1 guy turned it Travis Gardner! Think of the now and future pros who failed to do that. 

Ahem.Stern Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic