FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Ahnold Updates......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahnold Updates......
    Posted: 3/01/14 at 1:55pm
Just heard McKim went 155' 8" in the light hammer

Also heard 5-7" of snow tomorrow for the AM's
Still would rather be there than here!
Good luck tomorrow boys.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/14 at 2:06pm
Is there any doubt anymore Dan McKim = THOR!
KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/14 at 5:33pm
From Dan's Facebook page

Two PRs, a new North American record and an Arnold Championship! Praise the Lord for an amazing day!

Remember Kay Cummings, Father of the Highland Games in the Southeast and my friend. Lets Go Run With The Big Dogs!
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:24am
Getting AM Updates...

Snowing there and killing distances

LH
Nate Parker w/ 118+
John Collins
Jeff Kaste
(Sorry, no distances for the other fellas)

Open Stone
Nick Kahanic w/48
Nate Parker w/47
Sean Urq w/46

Apologies to all; Nate is sending me these and I am sure his hands are frozen. As I get more I'll get em up.
The man in the arena.
John Pilling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Pilling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:42am
Any updates are appreciated.  Thank you!
DrLinehan.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:47am

Ams Stone
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:47am
The man in the arena.
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:53am
Wow
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 12:14pm
Lwfd

73 72 71

Kaste Kahanic Parker
The man in the arena.
John Pilling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Pilling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 12:50pm
Thanks for the pics.  That is some nice throwing weather.

DrLinehan.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 12:52pm
Caber

Nate/Waddell tie
Kaste

Braemar style caber...no idea about dimensions
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 3:26pm
Braemar

Nick, Nate, Eddie
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 3:29pm
WOB

Nick, Adam, and Kaste in at 15
The man in the arena.
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 3:32pm
Nate wins, nick 2nd, jeff 3rd
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Jason Cherry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 3:41pm
Did the pros throw the "Tree of Woe"?
"Example is the best precept." ~ Aesop
schaive79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schaive79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 4:49pm
Well they kind of did til the broke it. Lol
Intensity Is Everything
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 4:59pm
Juli Peterson 1st, Josee Morneu 2nd, Melianie Mellanger 3rd in women's masters
Jocelyn Davis 1st, Heather McDonald 2nd - in women's open
Braidy 1st, Dickens 2nd - in their men's 40yr masters 

That's what I know...
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
Sleeping Dragon View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleeping Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 5:21pm
There were some great throws by the women and men today. It was an honor to be out there just helping with the marks and holding tape. Considering the conditions some of the marks were actually astonishing. 2-3 inches of snow that kept compacting into ice. Stones that carried an ice coating from all the neck thaw and impact into the snow. The trigs were not quite ice rinks but close.

Brian and Rich did an outstanding job running so many athletes through and there were a lot of volunteers on the field as well.

The athletes competing are in a better position to speak for the day but I don't think you will hear any complaints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDLgedB70IQ -John Shingler
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 5:30pm
Much respect from this guy. Well done, everyone, and thank you for representing our sport so well. It was awesome to put more faces with names and see old friends. Days like these remind me why our sport is so great and the people even better.
mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/14 at 11:49pm
All I can say is, "WE (GLSAA) DID IT!!!" A huge THANK YOU to all the judges, field help, athletes, family, friends and the Huntley's for a FANTASTIC event. Also thank you to our sponsors: Gaspari Nutrition, Primo Chalk, Clevenger Sheaves, Landrich Power Systems, Highland Advantage, Merl Lawless of Ancient Athletics, and Kilted Athletics. As well as Justin Kaye for getting the Awesome awards, Brian Hall for recording the scores, Mark Ludwin for getting us the Gaspari Nutrition swag and Dale Gehman for the cabers.
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
Lucas McDonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/03/14 at 10:16am
I figured since every other class was mentioned, but the 50+ Masters I should say that this class possibly put on the best show and had one of the closest competitions I have ever judged.

1st Berle Conrad-5; 2nd Dale Gehman-16; 3rd Eric Snow-16; 4th Randy McClure-16

2nd through 4th had to be decided on places in inidividual events.  Also, a big congratulations should be given to Berle Conrad for winning athlete of the day.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/03/14 at 11:07am
Thank you GLSAA and everyone involved that made this weekend awesome! Super happy to have been able to be a part of it and hope to be back sometime in the future! 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/03/14 at 12:43pm
Throwing in the snow is pretty damned awesome. Big smile

Some really impressive numbers in the WOB!
Tom
DaleGehman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaleGehman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/04/14 at 12:51pm
First, big thank you to Brian, Kelly, Rich, Merle, and all the volunteers and sponsors. I think the whole thing was pretty impressive considering this was started from scratch, and it wound up hosting 60+ athletes in some pretty trying conditions. The organization and judging was very well done, in spite of the snow. The awards are really cool, and the swag was impressive. As always, the best part was seeing old friends, and meeting new ones.

Congrats as well to the winners. Good job on a difficult day.

Next year, I'll bring more sticks.
Partner in JDJ Caber Co. "Proudly serving the Scottish Heavy Athlete with fine cabers for sale. No orders too large or too small."
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/04/14 at 2:45pm
So many women competed. That's great for the sport. I would have liked to go just to watch. (I would have liked to throw too.) (against the women I mean.)
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/04/14 at 2:45pm
I could have placed 5th or 6th.
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/05/14 at 2:29pm
Thank you GLSAA and all who helped and put on a great comp had a blast all weekend was nice to see everyone and for the ones I didn't know put some faces to names.  Look forward to seeing most everyone again later this season and hope everyone has a great year and throw far.
Sponsored by friends of Billw
bhuntley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bhuntley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 3:43pm
Thanks everyone for all the kind words.. To all the skeptics and nay sayers.. Well I got nothing for ya... We put our noses to the grindstone and we got it done. (Although there may be just one negative person I would enjoy hearing from.......)

Thanks to all the athletes that braved the cold and came out to throw. Thanks to all of the field help that froze their asses off standing in one spot marking throws!! You guys ROCK! 

We had a great time hosting it, hopefully they will have us back next year! One thing though I think we need to be indoors if they have us back!!

WHO's WITH ME?!?! lol

-Brian Huntley
eddie.brown View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 5:02pm
I was cold but it was a great experience and a competition I will never forget.  I hope to return next year.  Thank you for all the hard work and preparation to make the event so successful despite the weather!
Eddie The Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic