FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

I'm back!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm back!!
    Posted: 3/08/14 at 6:43am
I seen the "Guinness World Record Attempt" thread and realized I might have to get back on ๐Ÿ˜€.

Hi, all my Scottish throwers and Scottish whiners. Still see we haven't changed over the years. Arguing about sheaf, how many tines on your fork, to spin or not to spin. ๐Ÿ˜

I'm off the the St. Augustine game!! Hooyeah master chief!!
Snider View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/14 at 6:46am
Now we have a thrower doing caber patrol and safety! Now that's funny! Might have to get OSHA involved and write us a CFR regulation.

Good job Detroit Pete!
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/14 at 8:32am
Feed the troll..................

Detroitpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/14 at 9:22am
Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

Feed the troll..................

Steak.  I like steak.  Maybe with some sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes.  Yeah, I like mashed potatoes too.

Mike, to my knowledge I have never met you; never spoken with you and never competed with you.  Somehow however, you seem extremely butt hurt about something.  So, princess, what's your specific bitch about?

So as to take this tread back from Mike's hijack--Hey Chris, welcome back.

Edited by Detroitpete - 3/08/14 at 12:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/14 at 7:15pm
I wouldn't say butt hurt, but rather disgusted by immature actions. The original thread was childish and immature. It got closed. Then there was/is the mutual admiration thread on Facebook, where one participant (the OP of the thread on here) boasts about coming back on here and praising you, just to stir the pot, which he did. That thread got closed. Now, out of nowhere, a long lost poster comes back and singles you out upon his return. Amazing how this pot keeps getting stirred. 

Everyone needs to grow up, train, throw and quit being internet warriors always looking for a fight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/14 at 3:36pm
Mike,

I had nothing to do with the FB thread or Chris's thread here.  Yeah, I agree that debating about the mass caber stunt took on an immature bent.  After my posts I did nothing to stir the pot.  You've decided to come over to this thread, and bring up another thread here and one on FB.  I hope you're coming to MWC2014 and that you have a GREAT time there.  From all the information I've been getting from everyone involoved, they are working their collective tails off to make sure it's a great experience for all of us.  Since you brought up the FB post, here's what I put up there--yeah--I had smart assed comment about going into my blanket fort and coloring--because THAT's how childish I thought BigWhatever's anger was getting to be.  Here's what I posted about MWC2014:

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Scotland. When I was in the Navy, I pushed twice for being stationed at Edzell--so they said, "Sure...Panama!"  The MWC2014 could be my last HG--either way, I know it will be my most wished for. Not only will I be able to come back to the place of my Ancestors--walk into St. Giles and see where they were Christened, but I'll also be able to walk on the field at Culloden--the last place that the first in my family to settle in America stood before being expelled. I'll be standing there with fellow brother HG athlete's who have similar family lines. I'll stand there and know that I'm about to toss a caber, throw a stone and wear a kilt as proof that our culture has yet to be defeated.

I'll get to compete with the best in the world. Doesn't matter where I place in the standings, this means I've already won. I'll get to take part in the largest caber toss ever. And I'm VERY thankful to everyone who is working so hard on this. It will be a memory of a lifetime for me.

End quote.

So can we end the drama and pissing back and forth about this?  Feel free to contact me via PM here or on FB, but I think continuing to stir this up here is a waste of time, thread space and energy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/14 at 6:06pm
And  no one egged you on in any of the aforementioned posts? What i'm saying is everyone needs to quit acting like snide little kids and not stir the pot. I agree you're not stirring it: you are the pot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/14 at 6:19pm
So you hold me responsible for what others do?  And you continue to act like the snide little kid you suggest of others by keeping this shit going--Hi kettle, this is pot.  As for egging me on--look at the timelines.  So you want to keep this shit up here instead of taking off board like I suggested?  Fine. 
nkahanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nkahanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/14 at 6:31pm
Good Lord, make it stop....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/14 at 9:01pm
Good idea Nick

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
Deakion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deakion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/10/14 at 7:53am
Mike check your P.M.
Jonathan Irvin

And they shall know no fear.
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/10/14 at 9:47pm
Chris, wait!  You were gone??
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic