Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Complete Noob in Long Beach, CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete Noob in Long Beach, CA
    Posted: 3/09/14 at 1:05am
I'm 42, in somewhat marginal shape right now (I've turned into a bit of a "flabby skinny guy" lately), and I've never hurled an object heavier than a bowling ball, but the Highland Games have always seemed like a lot of fun, and I'm looking for a good justification for getting back in the gym and picking up heavy things. Plus, my wife likes guys in kilts (and my grandmother was a Keith--and I like the tartan), so it seems like it could all work out well. Smile

I'm currently living in Long Beach, and while we have the games at the Queen Mary every year, I don't know of any year-round training groups in Southern California. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find out whether this is something that might work for me?

Thanks!
eclarkhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclarkhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/14 at 4:20pm
I replied to the other thread, but figured I should respond here as well. The OC Highlanders practice year-round in Orange County. Pretty much every Sunday at 9am in Westminster. PM me for details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic