FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

ALB Games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALB Games
    Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:18pm

hey folks,
about that time of year, 5 or so weeks out. usually the first game for most in the NorthEast, like to open this up to questions and get some sort of roster going.

9 events

same as last year, $20 to compete, i'll have plenty of t shirts on hand, probably some trophies for each class, unfortunately no lunch included this year....but my friend Melanie (also her 4th year judging) will be bringing some bacon cupcakes from the bakery she recently opened.

9am start, Lincoln Park, Beautiful Sunny Albany, NY

Anticipating even more judges/helpers this year, organic growth at its finest. This is also some of these judges 4th year through, so I'm into that.

I've got a house I just finished rehabbing, Matt Hand is playing innkeeper there so if you've got an air mattress, you've got a free spot for the weekend. Just reach out to him.

Havent had enough time to raise the funds for the PRO class this year, so it'll be just like all the previous years.

AMS
Kahanic
Kaste
Hand
Meulenberg
Beech
Remeika
Sideleau
JVG (maybe)

Emborski
Gonzalez
Perez
Mendoza
Longo
McKenny
Lee
Berby
Vogel
Olsen

LADIES
Benjamin
Toniatti
James
Boyd
McGuire

EXPERIENCED
THE Dave Barron
Hapy Mayer
Scott DePanfilis
Gerard Benderoth
Tim Mullally
John Katalinas
William Donnell
Patrick Toland

Mike Landrich
Chuck Livingston
Ken Gustavson
Curtis Lake
Andrew Gillie
Ian Grassie
Andrew St John

LITEWEIGHT
Lewandowski
MacLean
Fletcher
Houghton

Thats just the folks confirmed so far. Probably a few more. Will have to break AMS and EXPERIENCED into two flights. I think the best way to do that is by referencing the rank of the 2013 database, splitting it in half and there you are.
Only going to allow a total of 20 AMS and EXPERIENCED, 10 LADIES total,  that'll be 100% based on how many times you've competed in ALB before. I dont know if anyone else has an experience with how that works out with the overall history and culture of a games, but I think it would create some good community around this games since its geographically the only spot where the NewEngland group can get together with the Western NY clan and get down.

Edited by vonguinness - 5/08/14 at 1:15am
jammin on the one.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 5:16pm
Solid looking field of athletes Jason
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 6:02pm
Can't wait.  May can't come soon enough.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new folks.  This includes you too Dan, even if you can't stand me.  LOL
www.sportkilt.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 6:09pm
Never said I couldn't stand you! Just perplexed but if it hurt your feelings will give you a hug
JUST BRING IT /

TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 6:36pm
No Duncan????
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 6:46pm
Yeah, I thought Dunc was coming too?

And Dan, hugs are fine.  haha.  I'll buy ya a beer.  Jasen usually has 'em flowing...what better way to do sheaf?
www.sportkilt.com
Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/14 at 9:38pm
I'm going to hug Meulenberg at least 25 times
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 7:54am
If anyone needs any goods brought to the Games, hit me up. Give me enough notice so I can guarantee tt have it.
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 8:01am
This looks like a party. 

Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 8:46am
Seriously! Think we'll even get around to throwing stuff?
AShedrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AShedrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:06am
Hey Jasen,
I actually won't be competing this year. I have this little thing called pregnancy going on, so no throwing for me. I'm not sure if Carlton plans on competing, but I will keep you posted.
Amy
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:56am
congrats Amy
JUST BRING IT /

berby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 2:13pm
Ya that pregnancy thing seems to be going around. Lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 3:27pm
That's why my wife isn't allowed at the Games.
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Mike Beech Mike Beech wrote:

I'm going to hug Meulenberg at least 25 times

since you're both sleeping in my living room, this is almost certain

Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

If anyone needs any goods brought to the Games, hit me up. Give me enough notice so I can guarantee tt have it.

please do, Landrich is the man, just know that house rules apply so expect your new implement to be broken in that day    :)

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

This looks like a party.  

thanks for noticing, if i ever get enough free time ill get the cash for a PRO class and then you can come party too.

Originally posted by Mr. Natural Mr. Natural wrote:

Seriously! Think we'll even get around to throwing stuff?

hhhhmmmmm....with a little luck it'll start raining like real bad right as the 5th event wraps up. legit games with an afternoon at the local, everyone wins 

Originally posted by AShedrick AShedrick wrote:

Hey Jasen,
I actually won't be competing this year. I have this little thing called pregnancy going on, so no throwing for me. I'm not sure if Carlton plans on competing, but I will keep you posted.
Amy

YyaYAyayayayYYAYAYyaaya!!!!
this is just some wonderful news. im super happy for you two. let me know, i'd happily squeeze Carlton in last minute regardless......you guys have been there EVERY YEAR. i think that will leave Hapy, Berby, Carl, Alvaro and I think Landrick as the only athletes keeping the streak alive.
jammin on the one.
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 7:40pm
I will drag them out of bed - they will be there, we all get to rub Amy's belly.
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by vonguinness vonguinness wrote:

YyaYAyayayayYYAYAYyaaya!!!!
this is just some wonderful news. im super happy for you two. let me know, i'd happily squeeze Carlton in last minute regardless......you guys have been there EVERY YEAR. i think that will leave Hapy, Berby, Carl, Alvaro and I think Landrick as the only athletes keeping the streak alive.

Ahem.
Jeff Kaste

ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 8:46pm
Me to!   If I make it!!
"Stand in your own space and know you are there."
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 9:33pm
sorry.  Confused

so many people.
for some reason i didnt think you made the first year Jeff.
Alison.....i thought you took a year off toooooooo.
my bads.

still.
we're gonna have a hell of a time.
jammin on the one.
Jmckenney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmckenney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 5:01am
if I can't get in to throw, I will help out
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Jmckenney Jmckenney wrote:

if I can't get in to throw, I will help out

you're in!

jammin on the one.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 6:31am
I'm just being a jackass, JVG! 

I remember the first year, at Tivoli. The hood came out to watch and sheaf took 4 hours. I believe Scotty Sideleau won best Grunt! hahah good times
Jeff Kaste

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 6:38am
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

I'm just being a jackass, JVG! 

I remember the first year, at Tivoli. The hood came out to watch and sheaf took 4 hours. I believe Scotty Sideleau won best Grunt! hahah good times

he's still winning that at every games, plus the beard comp.....dude has such solid facial locks.
jammin on the one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

I remember the first year, at Tivoli. 

Nothing like the gang walk-through as darkness neared.
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 5:43pm
Under the ladies division, "Bee" should be "Benjamin".  Wink
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by bigd0g bigd0g wrote:

Under the ladies division, "Bee" should be "Benjamin".  Wink

you got it. now you know where i got my roll call from. see ya soon buddy.
jammin on the one.
Jmckenney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmckenney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/02/14 at 9:23pm
thank you Jasen, 

What is the date? 

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/03/14 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Jmckenney Jmckenney wrote:

thank you Jasen, 

What is the date? 

May 10
jammin on the one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/03/14 at 8:39am
Just the Sat HG this year?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/03/14 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

Just the Sat HG this year?

there will be none of that this year.
was fun, but too much for one weekend.
rather stay out a few extra hours Wink
jammin on the one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic