FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Maine Celtic Celebration, Belfast, ME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maine Celtic Celebration, Belfast, ME
    Posted: 6/18/14 at 12:12pm
Maine Celtic Celebration, July 20th, 2014
On the waterfront of beautiful Belfast, Maine

No formal registration, just show up and throw, $10 dollar registration fee. We like to be throwing by 9, so be there early to get signed up.

Nice laid back games, great for beginners, classes will be am men, women, and masters.

any questions or comments, send them to densonsam@gmail.com

I used this photo of T-rob looking hard to illustrate how intense things are at these games.
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 1:13pm
Things are crazy at these games. I even heard rumors of an 8' trig.
www.sportkilt.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 1:33pm
Look at how short his arms are. No wonder the call him T Rex trob....bawawaaaaaaaaa

I kid I kid. Love ya brother!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 5:07am
I'm just saying the Caber three years ago was the most hardcore sap covered knot ridden caber I have ever seen in my life.
"Stand in your own space and know you are there."
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 5:15am
And that view, it's awful and distracting.  
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 9:36am
I and my short arms and chiseled chest cannot attend this year.  There is a conference going on in Mass for my son's brain condition that I need to attend and it goes from Friday through Sunday.  Have fun everyone!!  I will miss you and hopefully see you soon!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
jpfitness1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 12:39pm
Is the 28 foot caber still in play?
Josh Plumb
I may not be good, but I'm consistent
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

I and my short arms and chiseled chest cannot attend this year.  There is a conference going on in Mass for my son's brain condition that I need to attend and it goes from Friday through Sunday.  Have fun everyone!!  I will miss you and hopefully see you soon!

You don't have short arms, just a long torso
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 10:56pm
Exactly, Al. 

Just like I am not overweight, just tremendously undertall. (My doctor says I should be 8'9".)

Tony, I hope the conference is beneficial for you and your son.
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Denson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/14/14 at 10:26am
Less than a week out.

If the 28 footer survived the winter we'll definitely take a stab at it
Denson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 10:52am
Masters and Womens results posted, will have Am men shortly. Apologize for the delay.

Thanks to everybody who came out and made it a great day along with the excellent weather and good crowds. Good to meet some new folks as well as see the regulars.

Except for Meulenberg, I wish he would have never showed up.
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 10:57am
Don't be hatin' just because I am the most despised Highland games athlete in Maine.
www.sportkilt.com
Denson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/23 at 9:35pm
Bumping this thread because it was really cool. 

Also, we are throwing things on the Maine coast again, July 23rd. Entry fee is now $15, all other details basically the same. 

Come and throw some stuff then eat lobster on the drive home. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic