Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: RJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanspeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/06/17 at 10:41pm
So, I just went through some old posts and found some that were talking about pushing the weight and not pulling. Borges mentions straightening the arms and the point in front is where, ideally, the ball will be kept so as to work with the implement and not against.  That makes more sense than it has.  I will try and get a video from the front of the throw to try and analyze how to improve my cast and not drag.  I don't have a track and field background so I'm self teaching.  I assume I'm rushing my throw, which is causing me to drag the weight and not driving to the trig.  please chime in if I'm wrong or forgetting anything.  
Sanspeur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanspeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 9:15pm
will anyone throwing a 50# hwfd in practice chime in on the translation to the 56?  i know there are several pros who throw a 49-50#hwfd and they drop bombs, but, i am curious how comp throws relate to practice throws distance wise between the two weights.  
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/17 at 8:40am
RJ -- you may want to repost these questions over in the Throwing Only section.  It will get lost in this section.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Sanspeur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanspeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/17 at 3:52am
havent competed yet this year.  plan on going to Monterey and hoping to get into Pleasanton.  ive still been training and making progress in several of my throws.  as long as i can stay out of my head in the competitions and just treat it like a practice with more intensity, but, staying focused on form.......i should make a great showing for this year.  now that all of my job shuffling has died down i can plan ahead for next year to compete more. i would like to get to at least one if not more out of state games.  if anyone is reading this has some pointers on hammers and wob that they feel so inclined to share on i would greatly appreciate it.
Sanspeur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanspeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/17 at 3:03am
i just competed in my first games of the year in Monterey, Ca.  I am happy with how i threw. i did the best i have ever done in WOB there and had a decent stones and weights.  on the training for Pleasanton, Ca.  its going to be a dogfight with most of those guys. the top guys will fight amongst themselves.  I have someone who is wiling to critique my throwing to help me come out next year swinging. i want to bring a serious fight to any games i am able to attend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic