FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Stone help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big MAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stone help
    Posted: 10/20/14 at 5:29pm

Did my first stone session of the year. Got myself a lighter stone as last year I found I couldn't accelerate a light shot far at all, a big change from 9-10 years ago when I competed in track.
I've been out of this game a long time, any tips?

I think I begin my delivery too early and begin opening up with my upper body before legs start to drive.
I've made a habit of having my base too wide in the power position in the past, it probably could still be better here. Any help appreciated.

It's a 12.5lb stone (was looking for a 13.5 or so).
Karlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:31pm
hard to tell from that angle but it looks like your right leg stops truning in the front and your upper body finishes the throw, could be the wide base and early delivery effecting it  
big MAC View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big MAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:43pm
Makes total sense, that's probably the biggest thing. I got a long pull with the upper body, but that's not actually ideal when the rear leg is not imparting force for as long as is necessary.
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:47pm
Welcome back, missed having you around here!
big MAC View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big MAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 11:58pm
Francis and Ryan gave me an invite to World's after Pat vacated his throne. So it was only right.

Gracias Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic