FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Austin game news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Austin game news
    Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:07pm
Thanks to all my helpers and athletes! Especially my lovely wife Lolis.
Our biggest group of tossers ever - 49 in a teeny little space.
Great almost too damn hot weather . 
some notes;
Ft Hood has discovered us - 4 Army boys on Sat . Army STRONG....and a Coast Guard(er) !
Gravity turned off Sat - lots of 28 pr's , spencer , olivia , joe dan , scotty H ?
Spencer - 26br - 35 . 17.5 os 53+ , 44, 91.7! (after a year or so of pro cabers he turns all of em EASY 12.12.12)and  in a bet w Olivia on who changed a diaper ;)  16 in wob w no warm ups on the first toss.
Duncan continues his pursuit and easily won am overall - he gave out autographs and little hugs afterwards. he had to break out the hair....sigh....now ladies!! to get 15 wob and slap the caber over.
Scotty H has grown a mountain man beard - I walked right by him 3x s before I recognized him - fastest feet in tha game!
Yaniv will be  the next great Texas A if he gets obsessed.
Gotta  go train - will continue.
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 6:06pm
Ladies 
Olivia won just about everything except caber and hvy weight. Almost 16 in wob.
Teresa and Britt fought it out for 2nd and 3rd - drumrolllll......Brittney by a point.
Amber and my daughter Mica had a 1 point battle for 4th and 5th - Amber wins .
Ivy played to a 5th place in a softball world championships and jacked her right arm but fought through it and finished left handed in wob and got 10'! 
Several couples threw and were STILL couples afterward!  
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 6:16pm
Lightweights 
Joe Dan is a lightweight beast full of shenanigans and broke every LW field record- and damn near knocked my standards down shenaniganing.
Joe Howser REALLY helped me out w the kids games - "let's measure 89 leetle teeny throws and kill our back"
Xavier is 15 and just showed up w his mom and jumped in and tried everything.
Micaiah is Chris loop's boy - 11! we made some new weights on the spot and had a kids division ! he had a blast tossing w his dad.

Mike Beech gave moose demos afterward(hair joke) and drug out the high kilt (urp) for wob. fail.
Zack Church is 20! His high kilting looked like 2 baby water buffalos having carnal relations from behind(ick).

51 , 72 and 15 at 50
Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:18pm
Home games is the best games. I am never more relaxed about throwing than I am at Austin, and it's always just what the doctor ordered at the end of a long season. 

I will even come back next year if you promise not to foul my PRs!
BigTemp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 10:27pm
I had a BLAST! I think i have found a new addiction. I have been showing off the video of me attempting to turn the Caber like it is a picture of one of my kiddos. Again thanks for making me feel at home and i hope to see y'all again soon!
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Mike Beech Mike Beech wrote:

Home games is the best games. I am never more relaxed about throwing than I am at Austin, and it's always just what the doctor ordered at the end of a long season. 

I will even come back next year if you promise not to foul my PRs!
That was 68'+ right?
The man in the arena.
Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

That was 68'+ right?

Yup. That's getting into upper-mediocre range!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 7:51am
You've arrived!!!
The man in the arena.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 10:00am
I like when we throw big rocks and progressive cabers. I look forward to these games like no other. Let's go bigger next year. I have a 31 lb rock at home.   
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/14 at 5:37pm
scores for ladies and ltwts and masters in - rest a'comin
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:17am
A one foot throw difference in the WOB was the difference in 1st and 2nd in Old farts. I bragged a little too soon then you added Chris' scores. It was my chance with no Baar, White, Miller, Woods. : (
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/14 at 1:58am

"A" scores are up!

The man in the arena.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic