FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Pleasanton Highland Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pleasanton Highland Games
    Posted: 9/01/15 at 9:15pm
We're ready to go this weekend with the combined World and U.S. invitational Championships for pro's and the U.S. Invitational Championships in the Men's Am's, Women's Open and Masters classes. I hope to have the ability to run some video up on a quick, regular basis...details to follow.
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/02/15 at 6:22am
Great Stuff Steve!  Will see you next year.
oldtimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/11/15 at 4:56pm
Steve, thanks as usual for a great games. I for one think Hafthor was a big winner! I wanted to see him break the WR like everyone else but he was still a winner. His first toss soared way over the bar and totally wowed the crowd; so did his other attempts. Mike Z was not exactly chopped liver either. Who would have thought that you could be 6'4, weigh 295 and have a competitor 100 lb heavier and 5 inches taller? All the other pros were great too. Going back to Hafthor--some people need to realize that you can't break the world's record every time, but he won me over--he was humble, likeable, posed for photos for 100s of people, maybe 1000s with no display of arrogance. I realize he got paid but still I like the guy as I do Mike and all the rest who gave it their best. See you next year.
oldtimer
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/15 at 1:44pm
Thank you! Yes, congratulations to all the athletes, pro and amateur! Hafthor was a joy to work with, extremely nice and eager to please his fans. His biggest disappointment was not breaking the record but letting down the crowd. Over dinner Sat. night he told us that winning was certainly his goal but it's more important for him to feel strong...Viking strength and Viking willpower.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic