FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

MWC THANK YOU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MWC THANK YOU
    Posted: 9/28/15 at 4:28pm
I wanted to start a thread for those that would like to thank the MWC and all of its attachments/people. Please don't post here if you have anything negative to say!

I would like to start by saying congratulations to the winner of my class, Mr. Abbott. What a great athlete and classy individual. In Fact, all of the 50-54 competitors and their entourages were wonderful people to share the field with!

Thank you to Kevin, Merle, everyone else that put in countless hours and fielded requests non-stop. Excellent judging, record keeping and timely updates. Looking forward to Buffalo already!

God Bless you all!
...Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man...

Eccl. 12:13
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:59pm
Thanks Chris-

It was a pleasure to see you again and you look strong in your throws.

Good luck in your training,

-K
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:09pm
In the last four days, I have seen hundreds of pictures from the MWC. Hundreds of smiles; folks sharing their various bottles of brew; 80+ year old men turning cabers and throwing Hammer World Records; as much silliness as I imagine adults are allowed to have before people start to question our sanity (too late), and hundreds more I'm sure that I haven't even seen.

From walking into the hotel lobby Thursday night until leaving Sunday morning, it was tops. 

Thank you!!

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:17pm
Juli-

I normally save this pun just for my wife, but if you'll allow me ...

How can one woman stand so much happiness?

It was fun to watch you have fun.

Aloha Oe

-K

Sara Fleming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Fleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/15 at 5:00pm
This was my first MWC and it was great.  Y'all spoiled us rotten.  :)

Thank you so much, it was clearly a big effort both in the scale and in making it run so smoothly.

It was a great group of people to spend the weekend with.  :)
Brent Abbott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Abbott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/15 at 11:46am
It was a tremendously well run games! Shaggers and Markers! Mary Joe bringing waters all day and without exception one of the best group of guys to throw with, the 50+ers! headed up by class act Chris Crush Rusher.
Eric Snow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/15 at 7:11am
This was truly a great game. I could tell a lot of planning went into the field layout & I actually liked the 'No Tent' policy that made the athletes mingle. The judging consistency exceeded my expectations at such a large event given number of athletes & judges. Pretty good attitudes all around for the most part.

The Men's 55-59 had a hell of a battle for two days. We didn't exactly post spectacular numbers as there were quite a few training injuries, and that made for a great competition down to the last caber & a lot of fun. 

Kudos to Kevin, Merl, judges, volunteers and everyone else that worked to put on these games.

See you in Buffalo.
Snowman
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/15 at 6:49pm
It was a grand time, indeed.

It's mind boggling how the crew pulls off the logistics of this event every year. 

Looking forward to NY!
Jay Holloway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Holloway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/15 at 7:33pm
MWC 2015 was an amazing event thanks to everyone who put in the long hours to put this together.

You had the height!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic