FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

agm_, agm_?? Paging agm_

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: agm_, agm_?? Paging agm_
    Posted: 2/06/16 at 9:56pm
What's up with Adam Guasch-Melendez?  The last time that he posted on this forum was on Aug. 8th of last year.  He also hasn't updated his website at all in 2015!  ln contrast, there were about a dozen updates in each of 2013 and '14!

l've sent him at least two email messages and a private message with no responses!  Hope that nothing has happened to him.

Edited by WALLY.OLECIK - 2/08/16 at 6:17pm
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/16 at 8:56pm
Nobody has nothing?  WTF?
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/16 at 6:27pm
I'm fine, just busy with other things. Didn't see your email or pm. There will be a site update tomorrow.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/16 at 6:50pm
Haha. Here we thought Aliens
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/15/16 at 8:59am
All those WR's spin stand 40 45 .... Plus 200 Under 200 male female chop chop
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/16 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by agm_ agm_ wrote:

I'm fine, just busy with other things.

Well, l'm glad to read that!  You were conspicuous in your absence. 
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/16 at 9:06pm

There will be a site update tomorrow.

"Never put off 'till tomorrow what may be done
  day after tomorrow just as well."- Mark Twain

Meanwhile, since July, l've been sitting on a bonus check for Kate Burton waiting for her Sheaf record to be posted!!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/16 at 8:14pm

Didn't see your email or pm.

Now you have two PMs, Adam!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/16 at 6:25am
Originally posted by WALLY.OLECIK WALLY.OLECIK wrote:

Meanwhile, since July, l've been sitting on a bonus check for Kate Burton waiting for her Sheaf record to be posted!!

I really hope you're not holding an athlete's money just because the mark hasn't been posted to some website. 
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/16 at 8:34pm
lf it were just up to me, l'd have sent the bonus check to her back when but the Claw has a board of Trustees that expects me to follow their rules.  "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" as the sayin' goes! 

Apparently, l'm more concerned about this than Adam.  Certainly more than Kate Burton who hasn't once questioned the delay!!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/06/16 at 10:53pm

There will be a site update tomorrow.

Do you mean like 'tomorrow' tomorrow?
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/24/16 at 9:35pm
Adam, this isn't just some idle time nit-picking on my part.  l need to see those new records posted so that l know that Kate Burton's record sheaf toss is considered legit!   The Claw's Trustees require that a record is posted before the bonus for that record can be dispersed.  l'm also going to need to know what the present records are so that if one is broken at this summer's Claw, l'll be able to start the bonus process.  Additionally, l'll also need to know the present records so that l can update our ranking page after this year's Claw.

The check that Kate has been patiently been awaiting is worth $900!!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 11:23am
Just have our sanctioning body approve the recordLOL
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 11:28am
Actually I understand your pain Wally but it's a bit presumptive of you to expect AGM to jump and update for ya. It is a noble project Adam does but it's labor of love/ he does stuff w/ the masa board,has his own job,life. He's not getting any swag for his efforts(but it's all we have). Can't believe the board wouldn't take your word. I mean were a fringe strength sport with no governing body and trust the results of ADS and athletes who aren't getting rich. Just sayin!(let the hating begin)
JUST BRING IT /

Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Actually I understand your pain Wally but it's a bit presumptive of you to expect AGM to jump and update for ya. It is a noble project Adam does but it's labor of love/ he does stuff w/ the masa board,has his own job,life. He's not getting any swag for his efforts(but it's all we have). Can't believe the board wouldn't take your word. I mean were a fringe strength sport with no governing body and trust the results of ADS and athletes who aren't getting rich. Just sayin!(let the hating begin)

No hate.
This is 100% right.

As much as Adam has been very conscientious in his efforts at the end of the day he's a guy running a website out of the goodness of his heart; it's no more official than an Outlander fan fiction blog aside from the fact that we as athletes and AD's recognize it as such.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 1:42pm
Yup, the point I tried to make back in March ^^. 

I dunno who on the Claw board made that rule, but they apparently don't understand what that website actually is.  AGM could quit doing that at any point with no explanation, and maybe he has, so to rely on that is just plain silly. 

Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

AGM could quit doing that at any point with no explanation, and maybe he has, so to rely on that is just plain silly. 

Is this something that someone else can lend a hand? I can do that.

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/28/16 at 12:01am

I dunno who on the Claw board made that rule, but they apparently don't understand what that website actually is.

Right you are!  But l can understand their thinking.  lf l was going to be handing out $1000 for a North American record ($500 for a national record, $250 for a Class A record, or $250 for a Master's record), they needed some sort of assurance that it truly was a record!!  Adam's list was the only game in town!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/28/16 at 12:08am

AGM could quit doing that at any point with no explanation, and maybe he has, so to rely on that is just plain silly. 

Without Adam's list, there would be no way to verify a new record and competitors at the Claw would be looking at one less benefit. l'd hate to see that go away 'cuz l believe good performances should be rewarded!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/31/16 at 12:16pm
Juli I don't see why not; I expect someone could copy and paste the data on AGM's site and go from there.

Masters records are still up on http://www.scottishmasters.org/

Canadian records are on www.csaf.ca

Don't know if there's a Scottish site that keeps records, SHGA.co.uk doesn't look like it.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/31/16 at 12:33pm
I could sticky a post with the current records at the top of this page as well...if that matters, or would help you resolve your situation Wally.  
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/01/16 at 10:24pm
l appreciate the thought, Craig, but l'm not sure if that solves my problem.  Maybe, l'll just have to drop the rewards for new records.  l'd hate to have to do that but it does free up over $3400 from my budget!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 8:07pm
For now, l've decided to put this to bed.  l dropped Kate Burton's bonus check in yesterday's mail!  Bonus checks will still be an added benefit at this year's Claw but if there's no record list available, where records can be confirmed, l'm just going to drop them from next year's budget!

My having sat on Kate's check may have worked out for the best.  She is presently expecting a young 'un so the $$$ should come in handy!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic