FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival July 16, 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aawilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival July 16, 2016
    Posted: 5/14/16 at 9:50am
Greetings to everyone,
This is let everyone know that registration is open for 2016 GLSF Games in Northampton, MA.
Registration forms are available on our website
http://www.glasgowlands.org/ or with this form, GLSF_Athlete_Registration_2016.doc

Ken Gustavson will be running the games with help from needed volunteers.
Looking forward to a great Games Day at the best venue in New England, Look Park.
Sims66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sims66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/16 at 12:11pm
Check went in the mail yesterday Al. Looking forward to it!
Be at War with your vices, at peace with your virtues and begin each year a better person - Benjamin Franklin
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/16 at 1:01pm
Will there be a Womens Masters Class?
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
TheHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/16 at 11:36am
Forms and fees sent in, just out of curiosity, any chance the lightweight class can be run at under 200 instead of under 190?
David Marble
Ken Gus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:09am
I feel we can score a women's masters sheet without any problem.
And lightweight is under 190.

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:42am
Thanks Kenny.   Terri is lining up games,and wanted me to ask. Hopefully see you next week in Maine
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
mater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 1:21pm
I'll be there, hopefully keeping my feet inside the trig
carl
190lw

aawilder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aawilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:17am
Reminder for all, registrations due to me by July 6th so I can return tickets by mail. Advance registration helps Committee with awards and t-shirts orders to provide a great Games venue.
mbruneaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbruneaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/28/16 at 11:41am
Mailed mine today, thank you
Ken Gus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/11/16 at 9:44am
The weather is predicted to be hot on Saturday, so be prepared.
We have over 30 throwers so pleas be at the field before 8:30
to weigh and sine in.

The events will be
Braemar
Open stone
Light wight
Heavy hammer
Caber
Sheaf
Wight over bar

See everyone Saturday.
Ken Gus

Edited by Ken Gus - 7/11/16 at 10:14am
TheHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/11/16 at 9:58am
Am planning on being there bright and early. Can we do weigh ins at 8:30 as well?
David Marble
Sims66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sims66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:06pm
My daughter will likely be coming to Glasgow. She'll coming in her own car and likely around noon-ish. Does anyone have an unused ticket that might get left at the gate?
Be at War with your vices, at peace with your virtues and begin each year a better person - Benjamin Franklin
aawilder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aawilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/16 at 9:24pm
I would like to thank everyone for their support of the 2016 Glasgow Lands Highland Games this year especially Ken G. & Jenna G. and their volunteers, Mark Howard as the best MC and many others who lent a hand. Mike Zolk and the outstanding class of Pro athletes added another quality aspect to the Games. All contributions were truly appreciated including the weather which made for another great year.

Again thanks to all,
Al Wilder, GLSF Committee, Games Coordinator
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/16 at 10:05pm
Thank you, Al! Always a fantastic time!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic