FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

MWC 2016...Good Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MWC 2016...Good Times
    Posted: 8/22/16 at 7:10am
back to the daily grind..monday mornings suck but wanted to say some thanks 
Kevin Rogers & Merle Lawless-kudos  great job...hadent been to MWC in a while and you guys still are setting the bar high and have a good support staff 
Chuck Livinston & Lou Iannone(and all you Buffalo Heavies)..tough job to undertook but was amazed by your professionalism and dedication to detail(shaggers,tape pullers,judges ,helpers,runners for each flight/trig)..nice open field  plenty of space...liked how well you and your judges treated a possible World Record(multiple judges..head judge..remeasure..certification  2 thumbs up!) 
Mark Palmer-(i think was the head judge) great seeing you its been a while,thanks for your kind words and encouragement to Terri after she was banged up and great job on making sure each record was right  
Mike Landrich-thanks for some awesome flying weights(mul;tiple sets..nice weights!)  also thnx for the new ring..Terri loves throwing your weights and trys to recomend you to anyone who asks where can I get that kind of weight-also nice catching up with you-we should go shooting sometime..that would be a hoot!
Courtney McGuire-always a pleasure as your energy is infectious-great assest not only to the womens class but to highland games 
Juli Peterson-great to meet and share some thoughts with you-congrats on your gritty win..look forward to seeing you at future games 
Beth Burton,Josee Morneau..good job and nice meeting you 
Mike Dickens-great job and impressive throwing..throwing bombs over 2 days..great assest to the highland games,your girlfriend Teresa is a great athlete and was determined to drop some huge numbers and came away with 3 new WR's 
Harvey Barkakaus-you still amaze me with your drive...thanks bigtime with the help with Terris injury-without your buddies help probably wouldnt have been able to finish day 2 and secure her 4th MWC  
Doug Ballard,Berle Conrad,Jim Spaulding,mark Howe,Frank Henry,Scott depanfillis-great seeing you and hope you had great throwing days

Womens 50+ Class & Lightweight women-this was the class that I saw both days(thanks Capt Obvious) and all 11 ladies were entertaining,friendly,encouraging to each other and flatout threw bombs! these 11 women were great and I can say honestly have restored my faith in the camradiere of the highland games athlete...words of encouragement,nice taseless joke,lending and borrowing of equipment and some great eyes on technique flaws and how to correct them. This was one of my most enjoyable times sitting watching a class of athletes in a looong time(99% of Hg games athletes are great..this group was just 100% and fun to be around) sorry we couldnt have stuck around later as monday morning grind was calling..I also want to thank anyone who gave good vibes,postive wishes and prayers to Terri for our son-it means alot !!(Becky W,Sue H,Cindy J, Kate B.,Michelle C,Ruth W,Kathy M, Denise H,Teresa N,and Edie L...thnx ladies..hope you had a good time) 

great job all around..look forward to Iceland 2017,and has me motivated to train hard-get some qualifying marks so I can join Terri on the field of dreams 
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/16 at 3:09pm
That whole wall of text and no mention of Jason Johnston going 40'3" with the 16# sheaf with room to spare?
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/16 at 3:16pm
PMd you
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Harvey B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/16 at 3:19pm
Great seeing you and Terri again and as you mentioned in you text, it's all about camaraderie. To be able  to aid someone is a far greater award. I'm still hurting like 10 men but really enjoyed giving all I had. Take care.
The power of Zeus
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/16 at 7:19pm
It was great to see Terri throw again. I just wish she hadn't gotten injured so I could see her at her best

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic