Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Mental Toughness Study (U.S. Athletes)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvonstietz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mental Toughness Study (U.S. Athletes)
    Posted: 11/28/16 at 9:51am

Your participation is needed to help understand the mindset of a Strength Sport Athlete (Highland Games, Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Crossfit, Strongman etc.)

You already know that strength sports are challenging mentally and physically, but why do some people excel more than others at such challenging sports?

Do you want to be one of the athletes who advances our understanding of how mental attitudes affect our physical abilities?

To participate in a study about the mental aspects related to facing difficult challenges in strength sports go to:

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eaGXJlQpYQgNojj

My name is Jason von Stietz and I am a graduate student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University-Los Angeles. Those who are at least 18 years of age, have competed in at least one sanctioned strength sport competition and are fluent in English are encouraged to fill put my survey on the beliefs and attitudes held by strength sport athletes. The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes.

If you are interested in participating in the study please click the following link:

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eaGXJlQpYQgNojj

If you know of anyone who qualifies to participate in this study please forward him or her this message.

In addition, to helping contribute to the scientific literature, to promoting more awareness of the strength sports, and assisting in the completion of my doctoral dissertation, each participant will be given the option of being entered into a drawing to win of one of three $20 gift cards.

If you have any questions please contact me via email at jvonstietz@alliant.edu or by phone at (949) 836-6041. You may also contact my supervisor James Garbanati, Ph.D., jgarbanati@alliant.edu, 1000 S. Fremont Ave., Unit 5, Building A8, Alhambra, CA 91803, (626) 270-3305.

Thank you for your interest.

Jason von Stietz

hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:02pm
done
Dirk W. Myers
jvonstietz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jvonstietz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/16 at 1:52pm
Great! Thanks for participating! 
Lance Creed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/16 at 10:43pm
This was on reddit a few day ago in /r/strongman, right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvonstietz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/16 at 8:03am
Yes, sir. If you already took it, no need to take it again. Thanks! 
Jay Holloway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Holloway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/16 at 7:50pm
Done
You had the height!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvonstietz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/16 at 9:08pm
Thanks! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic