Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Greetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swan1421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings
    Posted: 11/30/16 at 7:05am
Hello,
  I am new on here and to the highland games. As a matter of fact, I have never even been to the Highland Games. I have watched it online and known about it my whole life. I recently decided that I would like to compete in the caber toss. I am a landscaper and do a lot of tree work, so whenever I cut down a tree that looks like a nice caber, I save it and cut it at different lengths and taper one end and practice throwing it.
I look forward to learning on here and hopefully meet some of you at the Games.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/16 at 5:27pm
Welcome

Post your location and maybe someone will pipe up with some "local" training spots.  Highland Games is different from Track n Field in that you can't just specialize in a few events.  There are 9 possible events that can be contested at a games so you must be familiar and train for them if you want to have any possibilities for a podium finish and increasing your national rankings.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic