Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Indoor Highland Games at the Arnold Classic 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Indoor Highland Games at the Arnold Classic 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indoor Highland Games at the Arnold Classic 2017
    Posted: 1/30/17 at 7:24pm
Everyone,

The GLSAA would like to announce the 2017 Indoor Highland Games at the Arnold Classic to be held March 3rd and 4th.  Registration can be found at this link:

http://glsaa.com/Calendar.html

Entrance is based on NASGA rank.  Please register ASAP.  Rob McKeeman, along others from our organization have been working for the last several months to get this to be an event again, and we all hope to put on one of the best events possible.

Classes to be contested are:

Open Men
Open Women
Open Masters

Thank you for your registration.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/30/17 at 7:36pm
Back in the day, we had our Arnold comps outside,

In below freezing temperatures,

During a winter storm,

AND WE LIKED IT!

But for real, this is great. Good luck to all!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/30/17 at 9:55pm
LOL Jeff.

Anyone else interested in how this is going to work? Indoor flooring surface for a HWFD to land on? What about a Caber? Definitely exciting though as it will be at the main EXPO
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/31/17 at 4:48pm
Yeah, that's going to be interesting - and very cool, congrats!
Lucas McDonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/17 at 6:51am
The floor will be covered with 3/4" rubber horse stall matting.  We will also have custom made implements for the event.
DJTennison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJTennison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/17 at 9:08am
this sounds really awesome! Good work to all on getting it back up and running... being indoors should make for a pretty interesting games. Good luck to all 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/17 at 4:08pm
There was a question about how the rankings for masters works.  Since there currently are no subdivisions for the masters group take your score from the "all masters" tap.  Hopefully this clears up any confusion.  Further questions can be directed to the email in the link.
swollenknuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/04/17 at 2:53am
This is pure awesome and I really hope it works well and continues after this year.  Too short notice for this year I think and I am probably to low on the rankings but it would be awesome, I have always wanted to go to the Arnold.  This will give me something to shoot for next year.  

Has there been many guys signing up so far?  When do you announce who has made the cut?
Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/04/17 at 12:27pm
There has been a good turnout of people registering, I have not seen the exact numbers though.  The selection process will start in a couple days so an initial list will be posted in a week or two I hope.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/17 at 9:09am
Who made the list? Heard Matt Hand is in. Enquiring minds want to know
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/17 at 9:18am
Not all the invites have been sent out as far as I know.  Once a full list has been established and all the people invited accept and confirm their invites I will post a list 
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/17 at 9:24am
Cool. Good luck to all that applied
JUST BRING IT /

wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/17 at 12:52pm
I'm curious how the scores will be posted on the database. Indoor games and indoor implements?
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/17 at 1:14pm
whats the problem???as long as the weights are the same(56/42/28/21/14) whats the issue???thier are other indoor games....some games throw off turf..some games throw off elevated turf box...part of the uniqueness of the games...dont see your issue
JUST BRING IT /

wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/17 at 1:21pm
I'm not saying there is an issue I'm just curious
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/17 at 5:22pm
they will be entered like any Ad does..results of the comp.
JUST BRING IT /

DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/17 at 1:39pm
Danny our invitations r in the mail.

Hearing there's a Dinner Stones competition ... any news ...can I use straps ...Dave the Red Barron wants to know. Can u spin indoors ?

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/17 at 10:42am
Cool DDS what class are you and me in???broken down bionic men's masters? Yeah the Dinnie stones thing sounds cool..maybe Dr bill could fill us in
JUST BRING IT /

DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/17 at 2:12pm
57-58 group for me.

The Dinner Stones ..... walk / hold ? Odd H / Steve P ( if going ) should do some damage with it. They shipping these things from the old country?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/17 at 1:35am
From what I have read I think they are using a replica set of stones for the Dinnie Stones contest and also I think it is an invitational competition with a set amount of competitors but maybe someone more in the know can comment on that.  
Ray Siochowicz

DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/17 at 10:37am
Invitational = where I come from that's code hacks and friends. They'll b one serious dude there ...Odd. But Odd won't be jumping on a plane to NH to practice. Just jumping out on limb here that the plastic replica Donnie Stones r in NH.

Thanks Mr Knuck!!!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/17 at 3:16pm
Gotcha. Thought if Odd was involved wouldn't be the good old boy system. Listing to Ryan Stewart he was wondering who was going also. Little weird so quiet about it 
JUST BRING IT /

DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/17 at 10:10am
Can't say NO to Odd.

May do RI........
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:48pm
Four competitors: Bill Crawford, Stevie Shanks, Odd Haugen and Mark Henry. The Dinnie stones are replucas made in Scotland and on loan from Donald Dinnie's descendants. The contest will be a lift and hold for time, the winner gets $5,000. It will be held on Sunday as part of the Rogue Record Breakers series. There will also be a 312 lbs Circus dumbbell lift attempt by "Mitko" Savatinov, a 565 lbs Manhood stone lift attempt by Brian Shaw and an attempt at a world record 56lbs WOB 19'6" I think by Hafthor Bjornsson. Pro class Highland Games on Sat 10-2:00Spencer Tyler, Chuck Kasson, Andy Vincent, Nathan Burchett and Mike Zolkiewicz
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:52pm
Highland Games events for pros will be an indoor 18lbs open shot put, 56lbs custom indoor wt for distance, traditional 56 lbs WOB, 25 lbs sheaf, 17' 160lbs caber and possible pole push contest. The floor will be padded, the ceiling is 30', we'll see what happens lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/17 at 12:54am
Sounds awesome Steve, wish I could be there.  

Lucas any word on an athlete list yet for the masters and amateurs?
Ray Siochowicz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/17 at 8:11pm
I have asked for updates, but I have not received a response.  The list is more than finalized by now.  Hopefully they will tell me who is on it for sure before I show up in Columbus to judge.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/17 at 8:34pm
Okay, this is the list I just received

Master's:
Rick Kramer
Doug Steiger
Kengo Kubota
Damon Barth
Adam Darazs
Mark Wechter
George McLaren

Men's:
James Gilmer
Max Mays
Zach Riley
Kiss Tibor 
Sean Urquhart
Matthew Hand
John Forsythe
John Anthony
Shane Sutherland

Wonen's:
Jessica Bridenthal
Chelsea Forsythe
Victoria Lee
Amanda Ford
Elissa Hapner
Heather McKenzie

This is what I have at the moment and hopefully I did not miss anyone.  Based on the names I know it looks like a good field.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic