Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

North-South, East-West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North-South, East-West
    Posted: 1/17/18 at 6:24am
As the forum is slow, I wanted to spice it up a little with a big shout out to Susan and KC Cummings and all the parties involved in making the Central Florida Highland Games possible. I cannot speak to many of the other big games throughout the US and world, but I can say it is an honor to have competed in the North-South game the last two years. It is impossible not to feel the gravity of the game and all the greats that have competed in that game before. Additionally, as a somewhat middle-aged washed up athlete, it is rare to feel the camaraderie that comes with being a part of a 'team' and knowing that others are depending on you. During the hard winter months when you should be in off-season training you know that you have to put work in to not be the weak link and not let your teammates down. It really is a feeling that cannot be replicated outside of the team sports that many of us participated in when we were much younger. Bravo to the Cummings family for keeping this game going for those athletes that start in highland games and can set a goal of being selected for a coveted spot on one of those teams. Congratulations to the teams past and present that have made this game what it is. Though the format of publicity has changed (to social media), it still stands out as an important event in the little world we play in!
Zach Riley
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/17/18 at 7:21am
Well said, sir. It truly is a terrific experience to throw there! 

Congrats on the win as well. It'll be nice to finally meet you this season! Enjoy all the snow. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Grizzlyt73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizzlyt73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/18 at 10:14am
I had some questions about this game as I was considering going down in January of 2019. The nasga resuls show A's and super A's but when I enquired I was told they only had an A class and they threw on sunday. would the super A results be from the north/south competition?
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/18 at 7:20am
Yes.

N/S and E/W are invite comps. 
Grizzlyt73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizzlyt73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/18 at 9:35am
I figured the north/south was invite only. I just want to go throw as a regular A on sunday and was trying to make sense of the A and Super A results that nasga shows. Really hope to make it down this January.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic