FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Documentary on PBS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentary on PBS
    Posted: 10/15/04 at 5:56am

Hey-

The local Public Broadcasting network has been showing the 20-minute documentary filmed by a group of film students from the University of Illinois. It features interviews from many of our athletes during the competion in Chatham, IL during the summer. Imagine Kent Durso speaking on film about his clan, training, history, neoprene, etc. while Chris Doyle and others throw heavy things in the background. Rick Kramer gets to talk about his new record in the WOB (18'3") on camera and its obvious how thrilled he was at the time. Merl Lawless did a great job in his explaination of the kilts and tartans. Harvey Wright was so well spoken that he should try his hand at the ESPN desk for highland games.

It was so well done that I'm gonna contact them to get a copy of the film or DVD. Has anyone else seen it or made inquiries?

Good luck in your training,

-InDaSun

Winners are remarkably adept at figuring out what's required to win.
Dragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 6:01am

Kevin let me know what you find out about the video, I would like to get a copy, I got interviewed by those guys and would like to see it.  Also thanks for for putting on several good games this year, I really enjoyed them.

Brock Fredericksen

Throw!! There is no finish line!!
AncientOne View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 6:04am

Brock-

Aye, will do!

-Me

BigdogEMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigdogEMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 6:07am

What station? What are the call letters.

BigdogEMT

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 6:39am

Hey-

You can get a copy of the program called "Making Connections" from WSEC-TV (PBS, cable channel 8) by sending a $20 check to:

WSEC-TV
PO Box 6248
Springfield, Illinois 62708

If you want to use a credit card or if you have any questions/comments, contact MaryJane Bates at 217-483-7887ex222 or 1-800-232-3605.

I'm gonna get a copy cause its got some of my favorite guys in it, ... and Durso too.

-MWC3

old plaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old plaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 9:09am

The elder gentleman was extremely entertaining, and handsomely virile. His knowledge of competitive sports and acceptable behaviors under duress was exceeded only by his waistline.

Highly recommended.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/04 at 9:30am

MacDuff-

The elderly gentleman in the video said a good one during your interview, you said, "... after the competition, everyone gets ...ah, ... happy." I could tell what you were thinkn.

He also showed off his technique in several events and your Masters World Championship Ring. It looked pretty cool.

I already ordered mine,

-McRory

Hossus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hossus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/04 at 2:52am

Kevin,

You might consider having Merl put that info up on the AA site when he does the next update so that it doesn't get buried on here.

Later, Hossus

Sheaf Master
shawnf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/04 at 7:04am
Is that on VHS or DVD?  There was an article done here during the Minnesota games that was put on KARE11.  I got it recorded to tape, but wanted it on DVD.  To buy it, it cost me $60.  Add on a bit about bagpipers and it went up to $120!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/04 at 1:46am

Hossus-

Good to hear from ya! I'll remind Merl about it like you suggested.

Shawn- it appears that the station still works with tape. I'd like to have it on DVD as well, but it doesn't seem to be an option.

And it sounds like $20 is a pretty good bargain.

Good luck in your training,

-CornerPocket

shawnf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/04 at 2:43pm
Ancient, yeah for $20 sounds like it's tape and a good bargain at that.

Thanks, and good luck for you as well.

Shawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic