Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Database
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Women’s Masters Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women’s Masters Selection
    Posted: 4/17/07 at 12:57pm
Hi, Karyn here, I was just wondering if someone can add a "Women's Masters" selection in the drop down box, so that when we have competions and put in the scores it will show up  under Master Women Heading, not A's or B's that sort of thing, & that way we won't have to select just women and then put in a note at the bottom when entering games results. Thanks a Million! Cheers Karyn
wallyworld View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/17/07 at 6:12pm
Hear, hear!  And, maybe one for Novice Women?
"TRY NOT. DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO 'TRY'."   Yoda
Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/07 at 12:05pm
I have not seen it added in yet? so it that a no?  I know you guys are really busy with all the database stuff but if it can be added in before the season starts to get really busy that would be awesome. Thanks for the Help! Cheers Karyn
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/07 at 12:32pm
Is there really a need for a womens masters rankings????how many games(excluding MWC) offer a womens masters class??
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/07 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Is there really a need...????how many games...offer a womens masters class??

Probably not your intention, dWoodie, but that comes off a little sexist!  Conversely, how many Games offer Lightweight A, B, or C, Master A, etc, Para-chair, or Para-standing!!  Perhaps if the upcoming Games calendar could show that there was a Master Women's (and Novice) class available, and there was a rankings section for them, more Games would make it a mainstay!  If you offer it, they will come!!  Look at the steady growth in the Women's class at the Master's World!

It wasn't but a mere 20 years ago that the only classes available at most Games were Open (or Pro) and Amateur, and not too many had Pro's!  My experience has been if one offers more classes, more competitors are attracted.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/07 at 11:43pm
def not sexist-walliworld..in case you didn't know I am one of the biggest supporter of womens events(my wife competes,and is pretty decent(Terri james)and she has even won the womens masters worlds 3X-but she even agrees with me)we can't let this become like powerlifting where there are 30 different classses-next people will want left handed throwers to be ranked different
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 3:27am
I guess half the reason I state this as an Ad and comp..in New England(although I've played in Canada,Louisana,Georgia,Oregon,Va,Pa,N.C also)we only have pro..amtr men,masters men,and womens,,,if we have 15 amtr men thye are in one class-a,b,c, classes are very very rare,and don't see the need to further the database..the database is a guide-too many times people use it as way to say I'm Number one-its only a guide.
JUST BRING IT /

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 1:27pm

def not sexist

Just said that it came off that way!  l've read who your wife is!

Quote we can't let this become like powerlifting where there are 30 different classses

Don't think Karyn was asking for that!  Master Women are a reality (you're married to one.)  She might just want the same recognition, for women who remain in our sport, as the men receive!!

Me, l'd just like to be able to show that we offer Master Women's or Novice Women's classes when l'm filling out the info for the Games calendar and when l'm posting results.  l don't really need a database for them but l do think that its a nice touch!!

admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 1:38pm

There is now a Masters Womens class to select from.  Enjoy.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 1:56pm

...in New England...we only have pro..amtr men,masters men,and womens
ln the Northwest, 20 or 25 years ago, it was like that.  lts amazing what having different classes has done for the sport in this corner of the US!  At the Claw, a couple of years ago, there were over 20 competitors in Men's C class alone!!!  Portland has the space to offer a Men's C class AND a Men's Novice class.

Quote if we have 15 amtr men thye are in one class-a,b,c, classes are very very rare...
l'll make a bet that if those 15 were split into an A class and a Novice class, in a couple of years, you'd be looking at a further split!

Quote ...the database is a guide-too many times people use it as way to say I'm Number one...
So?  Who is harmed?  Would you advocate going back to a database that just listed "Pro, Am, Master, and Women" so that those people were stiffled?  Hell, l no longer recognize a difference between "Pro" and "Am!"  Let's get rid of those four divisions and just have one list! 
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

There is now a Masters Womens class to select from.  Enjoy.

l've already updated the calendar for the Games at Enumclaw
Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 2:32pm
Thank you very much really appreciate it. I only wanted it as a tool to enter scores for when we do have a women's masters division thats all, just makes it easier since we have quite a few games out west here that have that division. Cheers & thanks again - Karyn
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/07 at 2:38pm
points taken wallleeeworld
JUST BRING IT /

nbafo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbafo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/07 at 1:53am
so here's a question--

will the scores in the Master's Women category also show up in the overall All Women rankings??

because we throw the same weights across the board, the only division is age...

just askin' is all...

Nance
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/17/07 at 6:25am
depends on the AD i guess
JUST BRING IT /

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic