FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Pro ranking data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro ranking data
    Posted: 12/03/07 at 4:22am

To try to determine whic rankings system to use long term on this site, I compiled the following pro data from 1/1/07 to 9/19/07 (right up to US Champs).  As can be seen, the NASGA score average came very close to predicting the places at the championships.  Unfortuntaley I had the weed out bogus scores due to some results not being entered correctly and throwing off the average.

-Admin
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/07 at 5:19am

I kinda like the old way i think.  It's cool when it gets down to the last few games, or the last game, and you know you HAVE to throw a certain # or get bumped. 

Looks like no matter how you slice it the same guys end up where they should though? 

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/07 at 5:24am
The more i think about it, the more i like the system we have been using for the past few years.  just my 2 pennies. 
will barron View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '03, '04, '07, '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/07 at 5:46am
did the results include 20 lb plus open stones? I got nailed going up to Canada so much...
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/07 at 6:11am

Originally posted by will barron will barron wrote:

did the results include 20 lb plus open stones? I got nailed going up to Canada so much...

Don't go to Canada then.

Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/07 at 1:35pm

Hey Will, you could at least send me a cuss word back to my e mail.  Haugty pro. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
will barron View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '03, '04, '07, '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/07 at 6:27am
um...email?

dude I would always reply to you...sorry if I missed it but...lemme go check
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

Haugty pro. 

He totally is. Ever since he popped his cherry he's all, "fetch me a chicken pot pie, I'm a pro." or "I don't have to pass you no gravy, I'm a pro".
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:51am

Originally posted by Mr. Natural Mr. Natural wrote:

Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

Haugty pro. 

He totally is. Ever since he popped his cherry he's all, "fetch me a chicken pot pie, I'm a pro." or "I don't have to pass you no gravy, I'm a pro".

Shame on you will.  You didn't even have to say it dave.  We know.  We ALL know.

Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/07 at 11:45am
So I e mail him again today and he shines my again.  On the board it is mr nice guy, but behind closed doors it is howdy kiss my doody, my brother was the nice one.  Just sayin.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic