FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey
    Posted: 8/15/09 at 3:09am

I'd like to get an idea how many of you would be interested in a Highlander Competition 10-10-09 at the Stratton Mountain Ski Resort. The competition will be a North American Highlander Association sponsored event. Events: Stone Carry for Distance, Log Press ( reps or max), Caber Toss, and 56 WOB.  Based on the response I will determine classes etc. 

Please call me @ 508-404-6405 or e-mail @jdstewart7@msn.com. or post up here with your contact info.. The folks at Stratton are committed to the event so it's up to us. I've discussed with them all the elements that make a difference with the competitiors, (ie access to the sight without the usual issues at the gate, preferred parking, water etc., PA, safety for the spectators, restrooms and much more) and they get it.

I know the Caber we'll an issue for some of the Stongman guys, but there's alot of time to prepare.  All the great Strongmen have crossed over to the HG and have had success with Caber and WOB 

Also, If anyone would like to help that would be appreciated.  I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks,

Don Stewart

I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 1:04am

Hi Don,

Will the stone be a single stone carried like the Husafeld Stone or will it be a pair with handles like the Loon Mt. Stones?

Will the log have a single bar to grasp or two parallel handles where your palms face each other? Will the pressing be from the ground or elevated off a rack so you don't have to clean the log?

Thanks.

Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 1:51am
No can do Don. Thats my anniversary weekend and im a little busy. Missed
you and you too Matt this weekend in Maine.

Tony
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 2:49am
Don, I don't think those events will fit my battered body, but I am more than
willing to help score/judge/lug implements. (especially log press haha)

I can probably get 2 or 3 strongman-type folks also if you want me to
recruit some guys.
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
mcdonl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcdonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 3:32am
What Hapy said. If you need some help I am sure I could make it.
Leroy McDonough
Steiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 3:39am

Don,

Would that be open to current Pros, or limited to Ams only? I'd be interested

Doug

I should be training, not posting!!!
D.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 4:16am

Not to jump in, but our organization is open to all athletes, Pro or am of any strength venue.

North American Highlander Association, Inc.
www.nahighlander.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 4:32am
I would be interested, my hand should be healed enough to do it by then..

Sponsored by friends of Billw
meat View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '07-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/09 at 9:30pm
I'd would be very intetrested.
Let'em Fly, Brother!-The Polish Prince

http://www.newenglandstrength.com/

17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/09 at 12:20am

OK guys thanks. I'll start to get some details together and pass along. I'll try and answer specific questions as we go. I have no log or stone, but I'll be reaching out to Art McDermott and other contacts I have for some help. Log pretty standard and Art has the manufactured Huseffel Stone (very heavy)

Happy and Leroy I can use the help, thanks.  

Doug - this we'll be an open competition. It we'll be open to Pro HG or Strongman, but there we'll be no money.

mcdonl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcdonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/09 at 1:33am
Ok Don. The date is set aside.
Leroy McDonough
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/09 at 6:51am

I've gotten several other inquires from some very accomplished HG/Strongman guys who seem very interested. I will be doing a sight visit soon and report back. But at this point all 4 events will be on grass. The competition area is approximately 100'x125'.

Also note this is in conjunction with other events happening that weekend up at Stratton. Were talking food and music.  Very soon we should have a link up so you can view get some details. Shaping up to be a good for family and friends to make the trip.

Thanks, Don

MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/09 at 8:38am
Don, is the the stone for this contest the same one used at Loon?
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic