Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Mariusz Fight This Week

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Neighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mariusz Fight This Week
    Posted: 12/08/09 at 12:34pm

What a machine, the 'other guy' (poor boy) is going to get beaten like Alister Gunn when he stole Sebastian Wentas hat at Breamar this year.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqPyeLxgMc&feature=playe r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgEkCX-YFs&feature=playe r_embedded

Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 1:13am

Should be interesting.

My money's on Alistair. He's got the long game.

Dave Barron
vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 3:06am
I dont know, his boxing doesnt look all that fantastic....pretty crappy really. Whats worse is he's fighting a boxer, if Mariusz wants to come out with a W he should be seriously training his takedowns, theres no way that guy he's fighting has the jits to control Mariusz' weight and strength. Mariusz could and should lay down some nasty GNP.....or just lay and prey his way to a decision if he doesnt gas.
chirolifter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 3:22am
I dont how he swings them big ass arms around...  I was exhausted just watching him....
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
nesa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 4:12am
It's all fun and games until you get hit back...should be interesting to see how Mariusz responds.
Proud member of "Team Fulsterkur"
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 4:23am
I certainly woundn't knock his efforts but I'm sure the guy he is fighting is
suited for him. He will bring money to the sport but he is no Brock Lestner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 4:31am
I would love to see Karelin in the octagon
Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 8:31am
Originally posted by vonguinness vonguinness wrote:

...if he doesnt gas.

That's the big if right there.  In the training video, he was clearly having trouble with endurance.
"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
Joel Sim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Sim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 11:42am

+1 Mr. Flynn / Bodybuilder arms = tired arms/arms drop = chin gets TESTED

OR

He'll get close enough to throw him 10' in the air & slam him HARD.

I'd bet it's over quick - it might last as long as 2nd round.

For whats basically an AM MMA fight, it should be an interesting fight.

My money is on the guy w/ the ring expierence(sp). It's a whole different game @ show time, under the lights, w/ the crowd & adrenalin.

whats vegas saying?

agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 12:26pm
He's way over 265 pounds, so he won't fight in the UFC. Outside the UFC, even Fedor can't generate interest beyond hard-core MMA fans. So Vegas doesn't give a crap.

I predict he'll try to box, and figure out quickly that he's too slow and tight to hang with a real boxer. He'll deliver a couple of kicks to the upper thigh, and one to the midsection, and his opponent will get this WTF? look on his face after each one, because that's going to hurt more than anything he's felt in the ring. The kicks won't drop him but will set up an easy takedown. Marius will lay across his lower ribcage and pound him with hammerfists until the guy loses consciousness and the referee stops the fight. Fight's over in four minutes.

I might be right, might be wrong, but THAT'S how you make a prediction.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 2:21pm

haha 

Pud will be too psyched up and tight and slow and will gas quickly.  the boxer will move around until he lands a few punches and then ko's pud

or

boxer will make the mistake of standing in front of pud, get manhandled and realize what a freaky strong human is like and be dismantled quickly

that's how to make TWO predictions.  

West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 2:36pm

"He's way over 265 pounds, so he won't fight in the UFC."

Really, is there a weight limit?  i dont really follow the sport, except for a random match here and there, so forgive me if iask a dumb question.

Drink to the fame of it, honor the name of it, The Tartan.
agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 3:18pm
MMA in the US has "unified" rules that, among other things, establish weight classes. Heavyweights go up to 265. Super heavyweights are unlimited. The UFC, however, doesn't have a super heavyweight class, so their top weight is 265.
aaron a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 4:50pm
I do not understand why everyone thinks Pudz will gas, strong man has been endurance events for years. 
alberta scottish athletic association
Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 11:22pm
There are different kinds of endurance.  If you watch the training video, he does get gassed.
"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by aaron a aaron a wrote:

I do not understand why everyone thinks Pudz will gas, strong man has been endurance events for years. 

First, it's a different type of endurance.

Second, yeah, his endurance in strongman is impressive - when compared to other 300 pound guys. His relative speed is impressive, too, but I wouldn't like his chances in the 100 meters against an average college sprinter.

Third, watch the videos, he's struggling to get through a simple practice session, without getting hit or doing any grappling.

ETA: Wayne beat me to it
agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/09 at 11:34pm
Of course, endurance is only one issue. His opponent is another. The guy had a 13-4 boxing record, but mostly fought terrible fighters.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=42799&cat=boxer
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Wayne Hill Wayne Hill wrote:

There are different kinds of endurance.  If you watch the training video, he does get gassed.

yup, muscular vs cardio

he has loads of one, but the other is whats in question, I'm very intrigued to see whats gonna happen.

anyone wanna make some predictions?
thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:12am
I know Mariusz boxed for years.   Poland in general has a pretty good history in Judo.  Their federation is one of the stronger ones outside Asia so he should be able to find some or may have already had some good ne waza (ground) training/practice.  Who knows?  Might turn out interesting.
Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/09 at 7:33am
i'd feel a lot better making a prediction if i knew about his trainers. if he was training under Jackson or Couture, i'd go with Pudz because they would have given the right advice....shoot/clinch to takedown to manhandling.....but if he thinks he's gonna circle in and out in a technical display of boxing.....or even muay thai.....hes done.

either way, i give loads of credit to anyone that steps in the ring, respect to both of them, fighting is a weird sport.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/09 at 8:45am
Mariusz has never appeared to be a guy who comes in to an event ill
prepared, he does have some experience boxing and a purple belt in Karate.
you can get cardio up by training it. How old are the youtube vid's and how
long ago did they go up.I might want to put something like that up to place
a bet on myself. He is increasing his cardio as we speak. I also bet he has
lost some weight and size. If he gets ahold of the guy it's over. He spent 19
months in Prison because he lost it on some mafia guy. I wouldn't want to
fight him. I think he will win.
Joel Sim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Sim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/09 at 9:36am

19 months in a eurpoean(sp) prison? Didn't know that.

forget dismantling the boxer - he'll get dismembered

agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 10:14am
Well, that was quick. No need for endurance in a 43 second fight.
Greg Hadley View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Hadley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 10:17am
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 11:17am

"He's way over 265 pounds, so he won't fight in the UFC."

:shrug:

wat

He weighed in at 275.

agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 12:19pm
That's a lot of weight to lose in less than three months since the WSM, especially for someone with no excess fat on his body. Ah, well, wrong again.
dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:47pm
DANG....in one of the clips I saw a kick...and I was like.."damn that would fell a tree!"  I sure as hell wouldn't want that leg making contact with my knee or thigh.

Sure enough...the kicks took that guy out of his game.  No way to plant against that.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by agm_ agm_ wrote:

That's a lot of weight to lose in less than three months since the WSM, especially for someone with no excess fat on his body. Ah, well, wrong again.

I would bet a lot of money that most of the body weights listed for the WSM are higher than they actually are. 

But yea, he was 125kg for the fight weigh in.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 2:33pm

better quality video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrnDiPmQips

he moved pretty well for his size. 

JISurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JISurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/09 at 2:36pm
Um yeah, his kicks were pretty damaging.  I think if he gets some more training, he could make the move to K1 since UFC has the 265 limit.  Would like to see him go up against Bob Sapp.
eh...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic