Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Andy Crowley take 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/19 at 8:43pm
Chiropractors make me nervy.
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/19 at 12:04pm
How dare you blame puds!!! Have Katie stab it up real good again and maybe do some corrective shit this time instead of acting like it was a miracle cure. Little spasms aren't bad, it won't be a thing as long as you take care of it.
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
Andy Crowley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/19 at 12:48pm
Puds were the only variable, and marathon hack but hack ain't never hurt nobody. It probably wasn't the puds, but just to be safe I will never do them again. I did corrective stuff and resty stuff. This is a different sensation than last time. More burny and sucky. I'm sure the root cause is probably the same, but I was feeling so good. I'm going to keep being a poopy pants about it until further notice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/19 at 1:58pm
12/5 bench 'n things.

5,3,1+
195x5, 225x3, 245x5
Before my last set I texted my wife to come spot me. She works at the Y, so she was just downstairs and I trust her more than the other yahoos in the gym. I didn't hear back, so I went about doing my last set. I did 5 pretty easily, but figured I might as well not push it as I didn't have a spotter. I rack the weight and there's my wife standing behind the bench. Apparently she was there the whole time. Dirty B. I definitely had one more, probably 2. It really doesn't matter in the long run, but still, dirty B.

I already did my clean workout for the week, but I waa feeling explosive so I did some stuff.

Hang snatch high pulls
135x8
Hang snatch
135x5

Hang clean, hang clean, push press
3 sets @225

DB incline
3x10@ 60,70,80

Deficit pushups
3x20

Incline db single arm tri extensions (3,1,0 tempo)
12,10 per arm @20s

V handle cable tri pushdowns
Started at the bottom of the stack and worked my way up doing as many as I could at each weight. Somewhere around 75-100 reps. Not sure if this would fall under junk volume, but the pump was real. I like it because it didn't take a million years.

My back felt good throughout. Minor tightness here and there, but no spasms. I did make sure to brace hard whenever I picked anything up no matter how light or how short a distance I had to move it. The frustrating thing is I don't know what to avoid to not aggravate it. Oh well. Such is life I suppose. I've really run the gamut of emotions these last few weeks. From the yayest of yays to the poopiest of pants. It's been a real roller coaster right.
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/19 at 2:04pm
Your back appears to be fine. Max out on deads.
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/19 at 4:35pm
And THEN throw puds

They will only make you strawnger 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/19 at 5:07pm
I wish I would have seen your advice earlier. I probably would have done both those things. Instead, I squatted.

12/6 Squat
5,3,1+
325, 365, 410x8. A rage fueled rep PR.
I say rage fueled because I lost my wallet. I spent most of the day angrily tearing the house apart trying to find it. No dice. Screw it, time to hit the gym. That always makes me feel better. About 15 minutes into my workout, Spotify thinks it would be a super funny joke to play "I Hope I Never Lose My Wallet" by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Big Brother is watching, and he's a dick. Granted I was tempting fate a bit by listening to the MMB station, but I do so frequently and haven't heard that song in months. But, hey PR. Woo...

Front squat
5x6@245,255,275,250,250. Paused the last rep of each set in the hole because I did.

Called it there. No stiff leg deads today because my back felt good and I'd like to keep it that way. I might mess around with the trap bar next deadlift day depending on how I'm feeling. Other options are drop deads all together for a bit and split up back and front squat to different daya or don't change anything. Who knows, man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:44am
12/8 hang cleans

5x3@245

Most sets felt good. Some not so much. 3 is a lot of reps. I like these Sunday morning clean sessions. They help work out lingering soreness and set me up well for my week. At least for now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic