FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Hapy Mayer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/15 at 4:47pm
7/30 - Hockey
7/31 - Hockey
8/1 - Bike Interval training - 1 min lvl 1, 1 min lvl 15 - 20 min total
Incline DB press 25sx10x10 - 3 second pause on the eccentric (Feel the burn)
Atlas Stone Loads - 205x1x10
16lb sheaf toss x20

spent 7/28 and 7/30 in the hospital, Jessica doing much better today.

#fcancer

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/15 at 8:11pm
8/2 CVSA practice with Shedricks and Berby.

Braemar stone x10ish
Open stone x10ish
LWFD x10ish

got some video I will post up after I take a look.  my LWFD is the worse it has been in years, I am missing something between the first turn and the sprint which is causing me to be off balance, which then causes me to delay getting left foot down, so I end up just killing all the momentum.
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/15 at 9:13pm
LWFD video (3 different angles, with slow-mo at at the end) - Any and all tips and critiques appreciated!

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/15 at 9:44pm
Your just making 2 circles.  You need to use your legs to sprint to the trig and generate speed that way. You end up a foot or more short because there is no sprint phase there.  Things have been better for me because I have stopped thinking about the weight and my arm.  I am just thinking about locking it behind my right hip and then really focus on sprinting with my legs and not just throwing the weight around my body.  Make any sense? 
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/15 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

Your just making 2 circles.  You need to use your legs to sprint to the trig and generate speed that way. You end up a foot or more short because there is no sprint phase there.  Things have been better for me because I have stopped thinking about the weight and my arm.  I am just thinking about locking it behind my right hip and then really focus on sprinting with my legs and not just throwing the weight around my body.  Make any sense? 

No not really.  Maybe we can work on it on Saturday, cause its a mess.

8/4 - 30 min interval training on bike, 30 min miscellaneous kettle bell stuff which I didn't track.

8/6 - Hockey

8/8 - 30 min interval training, strict press 95x10x2, 145x5x2, push press 195x3x3
8/9 - Atlas stone loads 205x1x5, 260x1x2

8/13 - Bike 30 min, Kettlebell stuff

Not feeling it for this weekend.  I will give it the old gamer try, but am not feeling rested, and am having lots of aches and pains, especially in neck/upper back/right shoulder.  Its definitely not muscle related, think some kind of nerve issue.  Ibuprofen and ice will see me through.

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/15 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Hapy Hapy wrote:

Ibuprofen and ice will see me through.

Spoken like a master.  Don't overthink this.  You have a lot on your plate right now that's way more important than a game or practice, you're bound to be wound a bit tight.  Good luck this weekend and will see you at Quechee.  Hope 2nd round of chemo is better tolerated than round 1.  Shout if you need anything.

Al
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/15 at 10:07am
We missed you in Topsham Al!

8/15 Maine Highland Games

Wob - 15' t-2nd
HH - 69'+ 3rd SB
LH - 89' 2nd
23lb Braemar - 32' 2nd
Open stone - 43' 9 1st SB
HWFD - 41' 8 1st SB
LWFD - 61' 4 1st SB
Caber 12:30 2nd
Sheaf 23' (missed 29') 1st

Overall 1st

Finally got the LWFD monkey off my back went 59, 61, 60 so very pleased. Had an awesome stone series, my best toss with open stone in many years. Took extras, 2 throws over 43', 2 over 42', 1 41' and one foul. Was trailing scott by a point or so going into sheaf, and we were all exhausted and sunstroke out. I was able to coax it over for the win.

Back at it next week at quechee!
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/15 at 2:42pm
Great work, Hap! Hopefully I'll see you next weekend...

Judgement: PAIN
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/15 at 3:27pm
Nice job Hapy(espicially you're stone and lwfd series)
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/15 at 3:15pm
8/22 Quechee Highland Games

BS - 32' 2nd
OS - 42' 1st
HWFD - 41' 2nd
LWFD - 61' 1st
Caber - 12:00 2nd
WOB -15' 1st
Sheaf - 28' 8 SB 1st

Overall 1st

Pretty solid day overall.  I thought Scott had me after his big HWFD toss, and beating me on count backs in the caber, but he gave me a little help in the WOB, and I had some solid tosses with a borrowed fork in sheaf (thanks Berby!) to take the overall and the case of beer prize by a single pt. Off to Worthy Burger for Beer, Poutine and burgers to top off the day.

First and only Pro games I am doing this year is in a couple of weeks.  Its going to be a long day for me!  Hope to get out and get some reps in with the 56 and the big caber to prep myself a bit.

#FCancer
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/15 at 6:34pm
I didn't know you were throwing with us! Pumped to see you and throw with you there Hap! 

Great throws this weekend btw!
Jeff Kaste

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/15 at 5:00pm
will be nice to see some more Pro throwers at Capital District this year, though I am sure Dave Barron won't be the happiest fellow to see you (and Rob and Nick)...

8/24 - Bike 45 min lvl 3
DB Incline press 25sx8x3, 60sx2x3
Deadlift 385x5x3
SSB squat 155x5, 245x3x3

#FCancer
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/15 at 6:24pm
I had a good run. And I heard they're buying everybody a beer!
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/15 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Mr. Natural Mr. Natural wrote:

I had a good run. And I heard they're buying everybody a beer!

Hey now!  I'll buy anyone older than me a beer.  That leaves you, Hapy, and Waddell.
www.sportkilt.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/15 at 8:45am
Dammit! I can act old!
Jeff Kaste

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/15 at 10:29pm
Guys, the beer is on the house at cdsg. How about whisky?

8/27 hockey
8/28 hockey
8/29 bike 30 min lvl 3
Dumbbell shoulder rehab stuff, 28kg kettle bell stuff
Deficit deadlift (about 3") 155x5, 245x3, 335x3, 385x1. Felt a little tightness in groin area. Think it was a little scar tissue, as no pain afterward, but called it for precautions...

Plan was to throw HWFD and caber today, hopefully tomorrow.

#fcancer
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/15 at 11:11am
9/5 Capital District Scottish Games (pro class)

17lb+ OS 40'+ (5th)
HWFD 28'+ (6th)
LWFD 56'+ (6th)
LH - 82' (6th)
Caber did not turn (5th)
sheaf - 24' (6th)
WOB - 12' (6th)
Overall (6th)

Rough day - had a decent stone, but not having time to get some reps in with the 56 showed big time as my timing/form was all over the place.  This carried over into the LWFD, and light hammer was a crap show also.  Caber wasn't so bad - maybe three or four more reps and I would have gotten a turn.  Still was fun competing with everyone - congrats to Nick Kahanic for a couple of 3rd attempt makes in WOB and sheaf to win the overall, Jeff Kaste, Rob Meulenberg, and Dave Barron with the three way tie for 2nd, and Rob Hamelin showing me that he can still get the job done.  Master's class next year for me :)

Need to get some work done to erase this game and put on a show at Loon in a short two weeks.

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/15 at 1:17pm
Here here! Fun throwing with ya Hapy!

See you again in a few weeks
Jeff Kaste

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:45pm
9/10 - hockey
9/11 - hockey
9/12
23lb Braemar x10ish
16lb Open stone x10ish
28lb wfd x10ish
16lb sheaf x10
Paused Back squat 95x3x2, 145x3, 195x3, 245x3
Bike 20 min lvl 3
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/15 at 7:13pm
So much volume.....

"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/20/15 at 7:41am
Loon Mtn Games 9/19

Dave Barron, Tommy De Bruyn, Hans Lolkema, Dirk Bishop, Scott Depanfilis

BS (26lb)- 29'9 (5th)
OS - 40'+ (5th) 
HWFD - 41' (5th)
LWFD - 56'+ (5th)
HH - 64' (5th)
LH - 84' (5th)
Caber - did not turn (6th)
WOB - 15' (5th)
Sheaf - 25' (3rd?)
Overall 5th

not a horrible game overall, but never felt comfortable going 100% on any of the events.  The lack of bottom end raw power has really hurt me - especially in the static events like Braemar, WOB, and Sheaf, and lack of reps this season with the other events made for inconsistencies.  One more game this year for me, and then back to the drawing board when it comes to designing a training program that fits into my schedule and allows me to compete at the top of my game next season.

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:12am
Let me know if you figure that one out, would ya? It was good throwing with you Hap, looking forward to doing it again!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/15 at 5:31pm
It seems like you have got it figured out pretty well. We will meet again next year and see how I do! Always a pleasure sharing the field with you, and everyone else! My apologies for ducking out early and missing the after party.

9/22 deadlift
155x15, 245x5, 335x3, 385x2, 435x2, 475x1
Bike 10min, stack wood 30
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/15 at 3:28pm
9/24 - hockey
9/26 - bike 45 min
Overhead press 95x4x10
Stack wood 1 hr

Edited by Hapy - 9/30/15 at 4:44pm
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/15 at 4:47pm
9/27 - Hockey reffing seminar - about 1 hr of hard skating - mostly backwards - my hips were sore for days...
9/30 - Deadlift - 155x10x2, 245x2, 335x2, 425x2, 475x1x3
Bike 20 min
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/15 at 6:24pm
Hey Hap - think you might be in for Scotland, CT?
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/15 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by AlDargie AlDargie wrote:

Hey Hap - think you might be in for Scotland, CT?

Yup - thats the plan anyhow.  We will shut down New England in style this year.
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/15 at 3:56pm
10/1 - Hockey
10/3 - Bike lvl 4 10 min
SSB no hands pause squat - 155x3x5, 205x3x2, 255x3x2 Superset with CoC gripper training with T/#1/#2 (various sets/reps)
Strict press/push press 95x5x5 (maybe 50/50)
Bike level 3 10 min

Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 11:17am
10/4

Bike lvl 3 30 min
Upper body dumbbell rehab type stuff for an hour
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 9:33pm
Hey Hapy, thought of you today ..was at Oktoberfest with Kaitlyn and we were walking around and one of the booths was selling Vermont jellies and peanut butter..one was titled Mad Rivet Mojo..thought of the great Mad River games,never won one of the coveted prizes( IPOD) but the mrs won a few which I become privy to hehehe....glad to hear the good news on Jesica...Ryan holding his own,clinical trial at Sloan is promising! ( fingers crossed)
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
  Share Topic