FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Chris Chafin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAINING LOG: Chris Chafin
    Posted: 2/06/10 at 6:47am
ok boys two months out from game time. craig wanted me to put my numbers in or he said if i didnt he would eat my children. not real happy with these numbers but here you go. last week deadlifted 535 for 2, chain squats 435 for 4/5 and 140 inclinedumbell press 140"s for 3 sets of five. still got alot of work to do.
Chris Chafin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/10 at 2:06am
 core trained heavy, highpulls last two sets 265, dead lifts last set 550 for one, chain squats ass to floor last two sets 400 for two reps felt pretty easy on deads and squats. ran out of time had to get the kids from school.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/10 at 2:38am
I moved your post here Chafin...in your training log.

nice pull brother.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/10 at 3:06am
I agree with Craig, nice pull Chris. I remember talking with you in Gulfport (November 2008) and you said at the time that you couldn't pull 500, like HB3 and others.  You've obviously improved on that. 
Robin Walker

"The danger in life is not to set a goal too high and never reach it, but to set a goal too low and reach it."
GSP quoting Michaelangelo
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/10 at 5:20am
Ass to the floor?  You mean those two midgets that follow you around?  Your hamstrings will never grow, they are in the shade.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/10 at 9:50am
 thanks guys for the kind words. look mule i know your not talking about a big ass you big bastard.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/10 at 6:35pm
 ALRIGHT BOYS TUESDAY A LITTLE DISAPOINTED JUST GOT OFF NIGHT SHIFT MONDAY SO WASNT REALLY FEELING IT BUT HERE YOU GO. CORE TRAINED HEAVY,HIGHPULLS NEW PR LAST TWO SETS 300 FOR 2 WAS PRETTY HAPPY. DEAD LIFTS 405 FOR 5, 485 FOR 3,515 FOR 3, 515 FOR 3 DONE DIDNT FEEL SMOOTH LIKE 550 A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. CHAIN SQUAT 315 FOR 5, 365 FOR 5, 385 FOR1, 385 FOR 1, RAN OUT OF GAS AND WAS LATE AGAIN GETTING THE YOUNGENS FROM SCHOOL. I WAS HOPPING FOR A BETER SQUAT.Angry
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/10 at 6:46pm

Looks good to me! 

If you don't mind, why didn't the 515 feel smooth?  Was it jerky or just difficult lockout?

The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/10 at 9:27am
 I DONT KNOW DUNCAN. I HAVE DAYS LIKE THAT WERE I FEEL REAL GOOD AND EVERYTHING IS MOVING GOOD. I THINK ITS WERE I WORKS NIGHTS AND I ONLY SLEEP 4 HOURS AT A TIME. IN A COUPLE DAYS IT TAKES A TOW ON YOUR BODY. I HAVE BETTER STRONGER LIFTS WHEN I AM WORKING DAYS. THATS OK I HAVE ACCEPTED IT. ITS ALL GOOD. START DAYS NEXT WEEK. WE WILL SEE HOW IT GO'S. THANKS FOR ASKING.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/10 at 9:51am
His wife did not put the baby powder between his cheeks and they chafined on him when walking into the gym. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Chafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/10 at 10:00am
WELL MAYBE!! WHATS WRONG WITH A LITTLE BABY POWDER IF ITS GOING TO HELP YOUR WORKOUT A LITTLE. I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. YOU BIG BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/10 at 12:45pm
I am just proud of the fact I have come back far enough to be called a big bastard. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/10 at 10:56pm

LAWL!  You have come a long way Myles.  Truly.  And I think that is why your journey resonates with so many of the folks on this board.

You big bastard.

Chris, keep getting after it man...I just got switched to what amounts to fire-watch...workouts are in serious jeopardy of tanking.

Love-fest over...

Duncan...Out.

The man in the arena.
70theelder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/10 at 4:42am

Myles you are and will be forever one BIG bastard.  By the way I may start a training log.  Last night 1x10 pushups.

Three sets of twenty ought to make you feel strong.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/10 at 5:09am
I would love to see a Mike Nease training log!  Teach me the way of the 900lb deadlift.
Pingleton View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Highland Games' virtually straight legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/10 at 5:43am

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

I would love to see a Mike Nease training log!  Teach me the way of the 900lb deadlift.

+1, although I would settle for 550...

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

- George Bernard Shaw

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/10 at 10:14am
To be called a Big Bastard by Mike is high ground and I love it.  I guess this week calls for 1 x 10 in pushups.  If Mike is doing that then I need to do that.  I would love to see his log.  When we were at Grandfather a couple years ago the guy was 395?  And was not fat.  I mean all the way big dude.  I did not even use the athlete's tent, I just stayed in Mike's shade. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
70theelder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/10 at 11:59am

Here's the secret... i just get on here and steal all your ideas.

tonight- k-bell swings 3x10

band good mornings 3x11

worked up to 505 squat x3

band reverse hyper 3x15

band weight pulls 3x10

band sheaf pulls 3x10

Three sets of twenty ought to make you feel strong.
pit rat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/03/10 at 6:10am

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - With a holiday weekend ahead of many of us, the beaches are packed in New Hanover County.

However, not everyone is showing their excitement in quite the proper way, according to authorities.

Carolina Beach Police Chief William Younginer says officers had to tase a naked man this morning around the pier.  Younginer says William Tyler Wood, 26, appeared to be under the influence of something as he ran around the area without clothes and jumping on the rocks.

"He was pulling his pants down," Chief William Younginer said.

Wood was taken to the hospital, where Younginer says he is expected to be okay.  Younginer says they will charge him with disorderly conduct and indecent exposure.

Chris, did you get in on this LOL?

Bill Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic