Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Antique 3 tine forks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antique 3 tine forks
    Posted: 2/21/10 at 1:24pm
I just came into some antique 3 tine forks with no handles. The tines are
longer and thinner than the ones you can get new. Does anyone know how
well they hold up?
JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/10 at 1:38pm

Kel, I knowt that the Burchett brothers have this 3 tine fork they made into a two tine that is an antique fork with tines that are thinner like you describe and they throw the crap out of the sheaf and throw using the same fork and have competed in dozens of meets and I know they practice  a lot so I would say they would hold up fine. I have one I bought 15 years ago and my constant sanding and polishing my tines (gee, that sounds bad) have made them relatively thin and they flex really well which I think attributed to my 33'er a couple years ago.  I bought a new fork with three tines as I was going to throw in a meet that didn't allow two tine forks and it seemed "dead" in comparison though I did get a 30fter out of it.  Don't know if that helps, but it's all I know! 

Thom Van Vleck
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/10 at 1:57pm
The reason I ask is my wife has just a fork and it is antique and boy it seems
like it is flimsy, And wasn't sure if I wanted to put the work into it if it was
just going to break. I won 3 on ebay today and I want to see if these are any
better than the one I have now.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/10 at 10:25pm
Kel, I have an antique 2 tine with long slender tines as you describe on those forks.  The tines do flex and sing a bit, but have held up fine for me so far.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
70theelder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/10 at 3:05am
I have used an old time fork since I started throwing.  I would never use anything else. Try it you will love it.
Three sets of twenty ought to make you feel strong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/10 at 8:12am
Thanks everyone, It is good to hear that these hold up. I was up till 2:00am
sanding, polishing and connecting the tines to the handle. It looks good
right now can't wait to put color and carving's on it.
The Jayster View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/10 at 1:29pm

F**K forks! we shouldnt need em' on this side of the planet! but evryone always has to try to make the games worse........i mean better  when will we just leave these games alone and let em' run! [sheaf, spinning WOB] c'mon! and i dont want 2 hear that its for the this coast guys not getting points, bugger em' the one's that belong in the BIG SHOW always seem to get there

please keep robbin, the Conway Family and Frank Henry
Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/10 at 8:09am
Jay show some love for the sheaf.. come on now say it 3 times you will feel better... I love the sheaf, I love the sheaf, I love the sheaf... see dont you feel better now  and yes April Wine band members are crying after the team USA beat the hell out of us on the ice the other night... I think the entire country cried in their beer that night... sighhhhh but its not over til they hand out the medals so ya never know  - Karyn 
"Don't step on my happy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/10 at 12:30pm
Ignore Jay, he will quitely crawl back into what ever he crawled out of.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic