Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Francis Brebner on Deadliest Warrior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Francis Brebner on Deadliest Warrior
    Posted: 6/16/10 at 6:07pm
Not sure if anybody else saw it already but last night on Spike they aired Francis's episode of Deadliest Warrior.  It was definitely cool to see Francis on there and man does he know how to generate some power with those weapons, would not want to be on his bad side.  I can only imagine how much fun that must have been for him.

For those that missed it, it is airing again next tuesday night on Spike.
Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/16/10 at 7:15pm
The first swing damn near took the head right off and then he got midevil on
it. They said it was a 78 mph strike and it was the most powerful sword
swing they had seen up to that point. Francis most likely has the head
hanging out in front of his hut.
pound4pnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pound4pnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/16/10 at 11:41pm

You can see it here

http://www.spike.com/show/31082

I can't though...."sorry not available in your country".....WTF!

Tara Gan Iarracht!
- Anthony Lordi
CaberKing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaberKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/17/10 at 12:59am
That spear to the chest of the Celt that ended the fight - it appeared to be just a flesh wound to me. Have they never seen History of the World?
Honorary Chaplain of the "Brotherhood of Michigan Throwers."
hbaileyIII View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbaileyIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/17/10 at 1:10am
Congrats to Frankie for all his efforts in representing the culture of our sport.  I know he was very happy about the opportunity.  I can't wait to watch it!
HB3
Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/17/10 at 10:31am
Saw it here in Canada last night was awesome!!! spike TV for men rules lol lol.. I hate that the Celts did not win, I bet if it was Francis fighting behind the sword we would win.. but they only go on what would make the most kills...weapon vs weapon (in theory)
  Francis did an awesome job.. would not want to piss him off   - Karyn
"Don't step on my happy"
Skullsplitter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullsplitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/17/10 at 1:16pm
Francis is a Celtic warrior re-incarnated. That was a vicious blow and no doubt Francis would have a head on his door way. Great job Francis.
"I am the thread, the pupil, and the eye of the needle is my teacher"
LarryBrock View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - ’10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/17/10 at 2:56pm
I thought francis was fantastic congrats franky
"No man Is entirely worthless, he can always serve as a bad example" Brian Oldfield
Bert Sorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Sorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 12:09am
Awesome Job Francis! The sword was impressive, but the guns look huge!
In Strength and Throws,
Bert
Jmckenney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmckenney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:10am
Great show Francis.
West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 7:39am
It was an awesome show.  I think i liked it best when he was demonstrating the use of that blunt weapon, kinda like an extreme night stcik/ Baton.  Cant remember the name.  Anyway, Francis was able to shatter those skulls, and he sent blood flying on to the people 20 ft away from him
Drink to the fame of it, honor the name of it, The Tartan.
chirolifter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 7:40am
Pretty damn impressive Franky...  You need an adjustment after that!!!!  See ya in Belgium...
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
Belgianthrower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belgianthrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:31am
www.highlandgamesfederatie.org
www.scottishfestival.be
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/10 at 12:17pm
Best guns I have seen on TV in a while. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
hopefullthrower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopefullthrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/10 at 8:03pm
wonderful, William Wallace has come back ! LOL
The unexamined life is not worth living.
BIG-LEW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG-LEW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/20/10 at 11:40am
Very Cool! Francis is for sure the deadliest warrior. Celt should have won. William Wallace VS Shaka Zulu was pretty cool as well.  
"I'm a hairy American winning machine."
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/21/10 at 5:59am

Thanks for posting this, I'd have missed it otherwise, I don't like that show much.

I kept hoping Francis was going to headbutt the "Persian" guy with the shaved head... that guy contributed nothing to the show except wishing he had arms like Francis.

"That might work on your kind-" POW!

Brent Abbott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Abbott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/21/10 at 6:09am

if they were sure that the persians would win they should have pitted that persian guy vs Francis for a real tussle.

My and my daughters favorite line was "we would use your arrows as toothpicks after eating your children"

West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/22/10 at 5:26am
I also liked when that same guy said the celts practically charged into battle with a raging hard-on.
Drink to the fame of it, honor the name of it, The Tartan.
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/22/10 at 10:44am

i saw it, and sent it forward to phil pfister, worlds strongest man 2006; phil wrote back:"good stuff."

not sure the persian spear would have penetrated francis' chest more than a silly millimeter or so

Savage Pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/22/10 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Brent Abbott Brent Abbott wrote:

if they were sure that the persians would win they should have pitted that persian guy vs Francis for a real tussle.

My and my daughters favorite line was "we would use your arrows as toothpicks after eating your children"

+1 

SDG
Edwin H. Schulze
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic