FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training log; Terri James

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/17/10 at 1:54pm
May be way off Dan but its the first steps in a journey. Now take another
step, and another, and BAM....your back!!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/10 at 7:52am
Thanks Tony-yes it's a step in my journey

8/18 am....Terri.    Tri-pull snatches 5 sets working on triple ext and
speed
                               1arm db snatch 3 reps each arm 25,40,45',40,35,30
                                  20 min card

Dan....Dan johns south wood complex for fat
loss/conditioning....25 min card.     

Off to home and lawn cutting then resting by pool on my last day of
freedom. Thursday starts high school football season...double and
triple sessions for the next 19 days
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/10 at 9:09am
Looks like I might be joining you Dan.  Middle School Soccer coach just quit and I always fill in when no one else will do it. 
Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/10 at 9:42am

Tough week with school practices starting

Tues-Dan deadlifts  335 X 3 reps,375 X reps,415 X 7 reps

JUST BRING IT /

Terri J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/10 at 3:33am

Been super busy but will update this week

8/28 Quechee HG

Br stone-28+couldn't keep  tight to neck and not finishing put

open stone 34+-same as above

28wfd-need higher cast but felt ok 32+

14wfd-didn't like weight but still need higher cast and faster 2nd spin

Caber 12:00 x 3 need heavier caber too easy

#10 sheaf-20-6(hate this event and have no clue..won but didn't keep going as I hate the sheaf and it was hot cleared 20-6 by 5 feet when I called it)

28wob-felt ok and def will get 14+ in next weeks game or possibly 15+

3 1st places,3 2nds,and 1 3rd-but next week will be ready and they have a hammer...wooo hooo

off to gym for overhead squats and power snatch from blocks

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/10 at 12:40pm

good weight training session today to break up soreness!! 

I did a Dan John Southwood complex to warmup & condition + some chins and arms 

Terri did overhead squats + some power snatches...did some 17/20 line drills with high cast(used a med ball sling with 16lb med ball) and feel 28 will go 35-39 this weekend and 14 66+...took some hammer winds with 12lb and was coaxed into throwing a few..felt ok  75+ w 12...will wind the 16 Tuesday(posted from Terri J)

JUST BRING IT /

Terri J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/10 at 7:15am

Between kids,work,weight room didn't get any practice but will see if I can improve from last week...got 2 good weight room sessions in on Tuesday..overhead squats,coach mac power cleans,db bp

Thursday...spped snatches,speed push presses,pulcinella pulls

Saturday-pre-comp CNS workout

looking to go over 35 with 28wfd,65+with 14,85 with hammer,and 15+in 28 wob...have watched video of last week at Quechee + some archived video of me throwing and did some line drills to correct problems

Sunday nites post should answer any questions

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/10 at 12:01pm

Terri took 2nd to lacey and while improving a bit didn't feel right in the box...while practice will fix this she never practiced alot in the past but 6+ years of doing 14-18 games a year you get comfortable in the box and behind the trig...it will take some reps thats all...she will strength train hard and do line drills till Otober as there are no really big games for women for a while

monday 9/6-speed bench,core,arms to lessen any soreness

Dan:no workout for me today as practice was last of pre-season for football (8am to 3) and when I finished traianed the hockey team

at Altamont between helping out and judging took 5 sheaf tosses(cleared 25 feet all 5 times easy)...and took some hwcks at 42 wob...went 13,14,15 and was going to do 16 but didnt bring my knee brace and didn't want to push it

at completion of hockey workout went outside and spun with medicine ball and terri watched me from the gym and commented how fluid,quick,powerfull it looked-I can say without a doubt it was the best(dynamic thing) I felt in last 3 years...will actually go after this !!!Scotland Ct is MINE!

JUST BRING IT /

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic