FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: TK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAINING LOG: TK
    Posted: 8/03/10 at 3:20am

5min warm up - Treadmill
2min Dynamic Stretching

1 Arm dumbell Snatch 3 sets x 6-7 reps for each side. (25lbs)

Suitcase Carry - 3 sets x length of weight room. (40lbs bells)

Front Squats - 3 sets x 6-7 reps (65lbs)

Stretching. Showering. Feeding. Watering. Working. Sitting.

Edited by Tamzin - 8/31/22 at 11:22am
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/10 at 4:34am
Thanks for logging Tammy!
Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/10 at 4:53am

My pleasure. 7 weeks to my first real event.  Very excited! 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/10 at 1:40am

M/W/F...the necessary evil...

Cardio - 30min

Sweating. Stretching. Showering. Feeding. Watering. Coffee. Working. 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/10 at 1:10am

5min warm up on treadmill

dynamic stretching

Shrugs 3 set x 6 reps (40lbs db)
Incline bench press 3 sets x 8 reps (30lbs db)
1 arm bent over rows 3 sets x 6 reps (40lb db)
Rotator cuff " slow lift and pour" 3 sets x 10 reps (5lbs db)

more stretching.

My arse really was sore yesterday, should not have worn heels to work after DOMS set in from Tuesdays squats.  Ouchy!  Ended up walking around like an old lady all day.

Feeling good today - lactic acid is flushed. 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/10 at 1:23am

Fridays installment of the M/W/F cardio.

30min on the treadmill = good sweaty w/o

Stretching (not nearly enough)

Note....Friday mornings are a very quite time in the gym.  Unlike Mondays which are 4x as busy. 

VERY excited!  Tomorrow I'll be up in Dallas having my first real throwing practice and get to try out all my new toys (shot put, hammer and weight for distance thingy). Can't Wait!

verewulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verewulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/10 at 9:11am
You will be in Dallas , but where do you live?
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/10 at 10:18am
Since I am pretty sure Tammy is already on the road I will answer for her - she is coming in from Houston for the weekend.
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/10 at 3:05am

Got in my Monday session of Cardio - treadmill for 30min pre-work.

Saturday I was very pleased to go and do a real throwing practice with the Dallas people: Mark, Scott, James, Brittany, Sarah, Miranda and ...someone else that I'm missing?! Brian?

Got in: Stone throws, WoD, Sheaf, and WoB!  Very very excellent experience for me, on the foot work and form. I took away a lot from that morning! 

Many Thanks to you all for the assistance with form and function of throwing these weights.  I can say I did not need to be rocked to sleep on Saturday night. 

I'm still a little stiff today, but not anything too horrible. I'm going to go and try to do some throwing practice on Thursday nights as well as Saturdays. 

6 weeks to my first "real" games!  I'm even more excited now! 

N.B. Kilt arrives this afternoon!!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/10/10 at 1:05am

Tuesday weights.

5min warm up - dynamic stretch

High Clean Pulls 3 x 5 @ 65lbs
Front Squats 3 x 6 @ 65lbs
Military Press 3 x 8 @ 25dbs

stretch. shower. shake. work.

Kilt arrived last night. V. excited!  It is also a size too small.  Must get motivated to drop a few lbs.

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/10 at 12:56am

Morning Cardio!

Done.  Arms and shoulders are slightly sore from yesterday.  Good stuff!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/10 at 1:38am
Hooray for getting it done in the gym, girl, but when are you throwing?
Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/10 at 2:59am

Hoping to get out on my own on Thursday nights and practice my turns and stone.  Then again on the weekend with Andy.

Will hear back from him this week about a time. 

Other than that, I've been pushing the husband around the house whenever I get a chance (i.e. his back is turned). haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/10 at 3:06am
Love it! Can't wait to throw with you at your first game in Tulsa! With Andy helping you out you should be a rock star right out of the gate.
Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/10 at 5:33am

ohhhh Rock star!!  I guess I'll be practicing with the stones lots.    

Yes, I'm v. excited about the Tulsa games.  Its going to be a riot with you all there!  Can't wait.

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/10 at 1:29am

Thursday... ug.  Slept in. Cranky all day.  Took a rest.

Friday - Cardio - worked harder today then the rest of the week - so perhaps that day of rest was needed. 

35min cardio.  Want to increase that to 45 by next weeks mornings.  This does mean that I'm going to have to go to bed earlier.

Tomorrow I'm going to get in at least an hour of throwing. 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/10 at 10:44am

Saturday met up with Andy and did some great throwing practice in the hot TX weather.

Did not drink enough water.

Hammer throws.  We threw my 16lbs sledge 10 times before the handle fratured.  Will see what I can come up with at the Home depot to fix it.

WoD. good stuff!  Practiced the steps that I learned last weekend and some more good hints this weekend. THink I have the turn down pretty well - now to add the power.

Shot put.  Worked hard at this one as I'm going to have to learn it Left side.  Right ankle had some major reconstructive surgery a long time ago and I'll never be able to glide on it.

If Beckham can learnt o be left footed, I can learn to throw left too.

:)   Very tired and pretty sore all over.  Which means I must have been doing something right! 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/10 at 2:34am

Monday morning on the treadmill.

Was aiming to be up and out of hte house to do 45min.  Did not happen.  Got in the reg 30min workout and had to get home to get ready for the office.

One earbud has died, so had to listen to the radio AND my ipod. Annoying! 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/10 at 1:40am

TGIF!!!!

OH I've had a busy busy week!!   :(

Wednesday & Friday cardio done.  That was all that I managed this week. 

1 month to the Tulsa games. Must get ass in gear!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/10 at 1:52am

So ready to throw with you again - and then, we go for Irish food and a nice long sit in the pub!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/10 at 2:08am

ME TOO!   going to be so fun!

Pub + cold bear and great music!   I can't wait!  :)

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/10 at 6:59am

Saturday - morning cardio at the park before it because ungodly hot (45min).

Sat/Sun - spent both days moving furniature, taping walls, runningboards, doors and window trim.  Then generally getting physical in the old house -alternating with crawling on the floor for a few house painstakingly painting and up on the ladder. 

How sore I am today is proof of how badly out of shape I am!  Living room and hall look great though!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/30/10 at 4:39am

Last week:

Wed/Fri - morning cardio

This Weekend:

Saturday - house reno's again. Lots of lifting, moving and stacking.
Sunday - cardio in the morning at the park - hot as hades. Then another 2.5 hours of painting in the afternoon. 

Three weeks to Tulsa!!!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 1:06am

Hurray weights!

5min treadmill
Dynamic stretches

Front Squat 65lbs 3 sets x 8 reps
Incline Bench press 25lb DB 3 sets x 8 reps
Military Press 30lb DB 3 sets x 6 reps
Bent over Rows 35lbs DB 3 sets x 6 reps

various abs.

started getting up 15min earlier - so actually got to work on time! 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:19am

Finished yesterday with some throwing at the local park. Just the "shot put" for the saftey of vehicles, people and dogs that were out walking.

Grunting in the park with strangers is fun!  After about 5min I forgot they were there.  It was 8.30, darkish - but damn it.  Humidity is a killer.  30min of warm ups and throws off both left and right and I was done.  Feeling my efforts this morning.  Added some three feet to my first distances though. V.pleased with that.

This morning - 35min cardio and stretching. I had trouble falling asleep last night so I'm sure to be a waste this afternoon at the office.

17 days to Tulsa!!!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/02/10 at 1:41am

Today was weights again.

5min warm up - dynamic stretch

1arm DB snatch 35lbs 1 x 6, 30lbs 2 x 6
Walking Lunges 3 x 20
Lat puldowns 100lbs 3 x 6

various abs

Done!  Really did not want to get out of bed, happy that I did. 

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/10 at 1:34am

3/9/10 - Cardio day + various abs

4/9/10 - Warm up at the park for my throwing day.
Shot Put and WoD.  I dotn have a measuring tape so no distances, but I was feeling the spin better at the end and think there is improvement!!

5/9/10 - Rest day (needed!!)

6/9/10 - Cardio and various abs

Been pretty sore this week, which is good.  I didn't get up and go to the gym this morning (bad) and need to get to sleep sooner.  I was awake until midnight, 5.45am comes fast when you do that.  Bad me. Going to try and get in a good hard workout at the park this evening, should the rain hold off.

10 days to Tulsa!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/10 at 5:23am

spent a few loooong days at the office, firmly planted in the chair and have been battling a hip flexor issue. 

slow walk last night to get it moving, feeling lots better this morning. Another good walk this evening and it should be back top normal.

Phew!  One week to Tulsa!  Totally pumped!

Tamzin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/20/10 at 8:42am

Games in Tulsa this weekend....9 PRs!! haha

My first competition .....so everything was a PR.  I am tired, sore and happy I survived. I'm also happy to have something to measure myself against now.  people were great, Tulsa is beautiful. I wish I had time and energy to explore the river.  Will have to be another time.

Very pleased with my WOB(13) and Hammers.

I improved dramatically on my open stone over my breamer (up not out!).  I am pleased with my first ever sheaf attempt (14ft) and caber (I picked it up three times!). 

My WOD was pretty terrible.  That spinning and footwork combo stuff defeated me.  But happy that there is so much room for improvement.

Ended in 5th!  Got 2nd in both hammers, and a 3rd in the WOB.  So back to grinding on the iron for the next 4 weeks to Celtober fest! 

I am going to have to sacrifice some small furry animals to Thor to ensure that the weather is cooler, or I might not make it through another day like that. 

Bosyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/20/10 at 12:44pm
Hey keep it up Tammy and get that man of yours throwing too! See you Salado :)

James
Remind me why an Englishman is playing in a Scottish game in Texas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic