Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Jeremy Gillingham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Stupid Track Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 7:43am
9/10/15
Warm up

DL from mid shin level:  1 rep max in 15min  ( I actually did "traditional" technique)
245x1 Double overhand
335x1
425x1
515x0
515x1 Switch Grip
565x1
605x1

3x20 walking lunges with bar in front rack(i probably did close to 40 reps instead of 60)

Met-con: 5 cleans and 5 bar over burpees 15mins
-I modified to snatch due to wrist issues
6 rounds.  Not my favorite workout. Body is still recovering from the 2 7 event competitions and 800miles of driving this past weekend. 

I might try to keep this log going. 

Does anybody else think 15mins isn't enough time to get a true max? This time I was smart and threw the 100lbs plates on right away.  I always run out of time. 

Jeremy Gillingham

"Go Big or Go Home"
Sponsors:   

http://www.stoutbarbell.com/Home_Page.html

http://www.backinact.com/newpatients.htm
Milliron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milliron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:10am
If your warm, why waste your fast twitch fibers warming up too much... I still think back to one time in college I was watching a football game sweating my ass off and drinking way too many daiquiri's I head to the gym and for some reason the bars felt bendy and my hook grip was on point I started a dead lift workout at 405 and pulled a 635 with ez
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:40am
I don't inherently disagree with that ^^, but there is obviously some value to letting your nervous system know what's coming, as well as value in finding your groove before a heavy rep.   

I think three to five warm up sets when working to a max single is reasonable.  The warm-up sets are just that, so maybe you're just taking too much rest/time between them?  You could easily do that number of w/u sets in 5 minutes, leaving you 10 minutes to get a max single.  Seems like plenty of time to me. 
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:44am
^beat me to it.

You should be able to get to 5 hundo within 5 minutes if you're just loading and pulling and back to loading. Even at 90% you'd likely only need 2-3 mins rest before pulling and moving to 100%

But the real question is, why are you limiting yourself to 15 minutes to find your max?

While I hate being in the gym forever, I hate rushing my work even more.
Krazy40 View Drop Down
Stupid Track Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 1:58pm
Jake,

It's cross fit, they time everything
Jeremy Gillingham

"Go Big or Go Home"
Sponsors:   

http://www.stoutbarbell.com/Home_Page.html

http://www.backinact.com/newpatients.htm
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 3:26pm
While not disagreeing with not overdoing the warm up, I think Gilly's warm up is minimal already.  And what is the rush to get done pulling?  Relish it and enjoy.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 6:15pm
Since they're going to time it, don't start the ticker till you get to 500. Haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic