Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

wORLD HAMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPERCAILLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wORLD HAMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Posted: 9/14/10 at 3:20am

Just a question. How far do you have to throw to be invited to a World Hammer Championships as i know a chap in Scotland who has definitely throwin a Genuine hammer over 149 feet and a heavy one over 118 this year ( AND ALL HE TAKES IS PORRIGE) supposes its like a party you only invite your friends?

Aaron Neighbour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Neighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/10 at 6:18am
I am sure that if Bruce wanted to come all he had to do was ask the IHGF?, a top thrower and a top bloke. Regarding the statement in brackets (AND ALL HE TAKES IS PORRIGE) what does this mean? I presume you are pointing fingers at others in this field.
stormer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/10 at 8:10am

What is Bruce not been invited?!!

Bruce is current world record holder in light hammer and had a year out but is comming back fast and TBH shoulld not need to ask just answer yes or no.

SCOTLAND View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
World Champ - ’04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCOTLAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/10 at 5:26am

I'm not to bothered about not getting invited, in all fairness the invites went out Before June and I was not back throwing until then and not to a very high standard. I wish all the throwers all the best and hope they throw well. I think we need to hold it over here in Scotland sometime soon though so myself and Steven King can go all out again. We have both decided to Push one another next year so here's hoping we can get our distances up.

Ps my prediction is Sean Betz to win.

hbaileyIII View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbaileyIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/10 at 6:22am
It is also World Team Championships.  I think the invites reflected that more than World Hammer Championships.  Otherwise I would have the weekend off!
HB3
stormer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/10 at 8:19am

Bruce,

Are you and stephen both going after that 130 mark in heavy hammer?

SCOTLAND View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
World Champ - ’04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCOTLAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/10 at 9:43am
No we have something more important than that to do, enjoy the games is the first priority.
meat View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '07-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/10 at 1:36pm
Harrison....really.....you at the hammer championships
makes much more sense than me being there!!!!
Let'em Fly, Brother!-The Polish Prince

http://www.newenglandstrength.com/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic