Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINNIG LOG: KO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Top 10 in the USA - '03-'11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAINNIG LOG: KO
    Posted: 9/15/10 at 12:49am
Did nothing
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/10 at 11:11am
bump
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/10 at 11:29am
mon  10-25
upper..multi grip bar ..banded w mini red bands.. push press ....
supra bar skull crushers... supra bar front raises  ss side raises..

tue  10-26
deadlifts....several sets.. glute ham raises... hack squats...
good mornings w  ss bar..stretch..

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/10 at 12:18am
How 'bout listing the weights you used?
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/10 at 1:59pm
Free wts mostly.....

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/10 at 12:06am
That is so dangerous.  Please be careful.

I do everything on the Smith machine.  First, it's my namesake, and second, it's much safer than free weights. 
will barron View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '03, '04, '07, '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/10 at 4:27am
i bet KO misspelled training on purpose...
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/10 at 5:39am
yes will i did... Ok fri workout....
speed squats banded ...used various boxes ...15 inch box 2x3....20 inch box 2x3....regular  ass to grass squats 2x3..
deadlift jumps with dbells..3x3..
one leg jumps ,started with one foot on box and then exploded upward 3x3 each leg..
seated low box jumps onto box 3x3
rev hypers  just to stretch out....
stretched...
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/10 at 10:07am
Come on man, post the real stuff, with the real numbers doing the real deal.  I want to hear 1x1x700 pounds.  Cause I know it is hapnin
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/10 at 11:22am

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

I do everything on the Smith machine.  First, it's my namesake, and second, it's much safer than free weights. 

especially smith cleans & jerks..  there's no way you can hurt yourself, its just a smoothe motion

i, too, would like to see some #s listed.. kthxbye

kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/10 at 10:07am
Myles i ssoooooooo wish i had the 7bills on the bar but aint happening...
Im very weak right now...Im trying to be much more athletic this upcoming yr....
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 1:22am
OK, I will translate this for the rest of the world.  (Myles, I so wish I had 7 bills on the bar)= Myles, I don't want to go that light.  (I very weak right now)= The poundage I lift right now would take most of you a week to lift.  (Im trying to be much more athletic this upcoming yr)  I am tossing gymnast around to get the feel of throwing something light.  This is pure southern poor mouthing at its finest.  I expect to hear next, I am not even training, I am just pondering training and wondering what it would feel like to be strong.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
S McCracken View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 3:19am

Myles, thanks for the Wikikover translation. Now we understand the term southern sand bagging.

North American Highlander Ohio Chair

www.nahighlander.com

KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 5:55am
Wow, you are so right on Myles! This could have just as easily come out of Brocks mouth.
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 6:16am
haha.. Thank you Myles for the kind words... Not the case my friend...This is the weakest i have ever been going into an offseason....I need a yr to train and get ready for next yr...I have been training hard Myles ...Just not getting that strong yet... we will see .. Last yr on dec 28  i pulled a 725 dead... I will be lucky to hit 625 by dec 30....

Mon Nov 1
upper body.. flat bench 3 board press..3x5.. Incline 3 board press 3x3...
Heavy front raises with various grips and chain..5x6  side raises with dbells..3x8  suspended chain pushups 3x8.. stretched frozen shoulder and that was the hardest part of workout
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 6:24am
lies.

board presses, who are you Valenti?

and list the damn weights you use, i wanna know how much work i need to do.
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/10 at 2:22pm
easy on my shoulder and i like em..
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/10 at 2:06pm
tue workout...lower...
did explosive leg presses ..3x5 this is just a warm up for heavy legs.. i have found that doing an explosive lower exercise before heavy legs helps me..
foam squats...worked up for last set with 475 with 40 pounds of chain on each side.. just one rep.. we squat onto two huge cushions that we have taped together... so when you sit on it you drop .... thats all i got in today because i had to go vote...

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/10 at 1:02am
Can you explain why you would do this kind of squat over a regular squat?   Just curious.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/10 at 1:28am
1)  Forces you to keep the core tight
2)  minimized stretch reflex
3)  KO being bored and trying to do fancy stuff
will barron View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '03, '04, '07, '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/10 at 4:53am

the value of minimizing the stretch reflex is just making the muscle work harder? Improves stabilization out of the bottom? Feels comfy?

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/10 at 5:16am
yes, yes, yes
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/10 at 5:39am

squats feel comfy?

hmmm.. I may need to look into this foam thing a bit more

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/10 at 10:40am
I don't agree with 1, I think 2 is correct, but I think 3 is the answer IMO.  But I would like to hear from the Pope of Kentucky.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/10 at 12:47pm
thur wout..11-4 -10
started with a new exercise i saw on t nation..stretchers..3x of 12 these are great for a starter...great stretch and feel... muscle snatches..4x of pitiful wt...hang cleans 3x 3....again ashamed of the wt....promaxima pulldowns..(just the name of a plate loaded lat pulldown)  went really heavy for me! and did 2 negatives on each set 4x....dbell shrugs 2x 45 second sets..these hurt... i want big traps

Myles...the chains are lighter at the bottom position and get heavier as you go up.. if the chains are hanging off the ground then yes to stability... Craig and I both did 1 leg squats with chains a few yrs ago and WOW... your core takes a beating...and yes i do like doing things different at times... why cause its my nature...i like making things harder...
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/10 at 1:04am
Dear Pope, I understand the concept of chains, I just wondered why at the start of your off season you were doing a maxi pad box squat instead of a regular squat.  I can see wanting to switch up to something after you get tired of it, but we just started.  So the answer is variation?  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/10 at 1:32am
I was wondering what the hell KO was talking about, lol.
kover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/10 at 5:49am
mon workout... push jerk/press...5x3 used chains on this and dam that suxs...... you cant get momentum at all.... i love em....
california presses on the smith machine.... shoulder issues thats why smith machine...4x
multi grip bar front raises... these are tough... dips  super set with banded front raises.... the band is around the wrist and forces the rear and side delts to work really hard....
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/10 at 6:11am
How the f**k can you do a california press on a smith machine when the bar must travel both vertical and horizontal in that exercise?

I call shenanigans.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/10 at 8:58am
I am going to go read the comics in the paper now.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic