FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Andy Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/14 at 11:30am
Haven't posted in a while because I took the week off of lifting and just through in preparation for yesterday's games in Savage, MN. Overall, I think that set me up well, except in hammers. I threw them on Thursday after not doing so in over a month. My core was shot. I couldn't get any extension without feeling like my insides were ripping. Oh yeah, I also threw the braemar farther than the open stone for the first time ever . That was great. It was an awesome stone tuck-wise, but I could not keep a hand on it. Every throw went off my thumb. Ouchies. Besides open stone and light hammer, it was a pretty solid day for me. Today, I walked a few miles while hunting. Tomorrow morning back in the gym...maybe
"Three hams will kill him." -A reliable medical journal

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:40pm
Played some Big Buck Hunter Pro yesterday.

Whooped my kids arse. You're next.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:43pm
Wait wut? You're not Luke.

Haha.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:45pm
AHahahahahah! So much win. 

But seriously, Luke is the bomb at that game. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 12:12am
Regardless of my non-Lukeness, I accept any and all deer killing challenges. Luke cries every time he has to shoot a deer. Anycrap, yesterday's workout was bench. 185 for three sets of ten follow by the same for pullovers and 3x15 on dips. Then I proceeded to do straight bar curls, drag curls and db hammer curls all for the ladies except the drag curls. Those were for me. T minus 6 hours until squats.

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 8:02am
I've got the jelly legs. Squart 3x10@275 RDLs 3x10@225 calf raises 3 sets to the pain @ some amount of weight. This weeks workouts have felt very sluggish. Not that anything has been exceedingly difficult, just slower than I'd like. I think my nutrition is what may be affecting my workouts lately. I used to eat a lot of real food and not processed crap or restaurant food. Lots of chicken, venison, fish, rice, fresh fruits and vegetables, but since my daughter came along, I've gotten away from that for convenience sake. As a result, I've lost weight which is not the hot ticket for me and I feel like my strength will be next to go. I'm going to make an effort to start eating better again. Hopefully, in a month I'll replenish my supply of venison. Bang bang.

BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 1:39pm
While you are hunting deer... I'll be hunting you.
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 5:48pm
Threw some puds and sheaf with Luke. Puds felt weird. We haven't five them in years. I haven't anyway. Sheaf was okay. Had a couple good spins.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:41pm
Push press 3x10@155. These felt terrible. The combination of being sore from leg day and having terrible cardio equals poopy push press. For auxiliary lifts I did strict press, supersetted lateral and bent raises, front raises and face pulls. Then I did close grip bench 3x5 @ 185,205,225 followed by skull crushes and tri extensions. Now I'm tired.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/14 at 1:13am
The deadliftings! 3x10@305. Felt great. Better than last week by a billions. I was crunched for time so I just did 3x10 shrugs with the same weight. Squeezey pause at the top. Then pendlay rows, and neutral grip lat pulls. All done.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/14 at 7:16am
I was very sleepy after work this morning. Like, so sleepy I fell asleep driving to the gym and nearly smashed my truck into a more different truck at a stop light. If that's not a recipe for a good workout, I dont know what is. Today was test out day for bench. 10+at 200lbs. This one went to eleven. I definitely feel I had a couple reps left, but I was a tendancy to go from super snappy to super crappy in no time, so having no spotter, I called it good. I followed that with DB pullovers 3x10@60,70,80 incline DB 3x10@70 and dips 2x10@me+dangling 45 and 1x20@just me. Normally, I would have done biceps, buy today I didn't. I'll throw them in later this week...maybe.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/14 at 8:20pm
Squat testing today. 300x10+ Got 12. Not too bad. I moved on to RDLs 3x10@225,275,275, then calf raises. Today was a sluggish day. I ate a huge breakfast at 7am then had to fast until 6pm for an insurance health assessment dealie at work. Then I went to grizzlies and ate a bowl of chili, brisket sammich, and a loaf of bread plus two cokes. Hit the gym about 15 minutes after feeling very full and bloated, so all things considered, it wasn't too bad.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/14 at 8:28pm
I forgot to mention, on my test out days I've been doing something a little different on my warm-up sets. For my last set before my working set (10+ in this case) I'll jump up to a heavier weight that I can do for 5-8 and do 1-3. When I drop back down to my working weight, it feels infinitly more wonderful. I know it's not a new concept, but it's the first time I've utilized it outside of wave sets.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/14 at 10:54pm
Halloworkout! Push press test out 10+@165. Got twelve. Pretty meh. Strict press, db shoulder press, cable bent and lateral raises, close grip bench. Post workout meal same as preworkout: Halloween candy.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/14 at 9:34pm
Deads today. 10+@335. Got 13. Not sure why I stopped. Just being a wuss, I guess. It was easy, but my body has just been off lately. I might back off on my auxiliary lifts for a while and see how that feels. I started that tonight. Did 3 warm up sets, my one working set, and 3x10 on pendlay rows and called it a night.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/14 at 8:38pm
I wrote a fairly in depth thingie on this morning's workout then my connection timed out and I lost it sooooo...bench 5x8@175 felt great as it should. Db pullovers, weighted dips, curl curcuit. Done.

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/14 at 10:28am
I'm liking all of the pullovers.
...Josh
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/14 at 9:44pm
I schooled Luke on the awesomeness of pullovers the other day and lo and behold there they are on his log the next day. Much like most of his theories on highland games. I say something one day, he and Wade say it's stupid, then Luke suggests the same thing a few weeks later and he thinks he's so smart. Plagiarism I says! I invented everything awesome. Anyhoo, today I squatted and   there was much rejoicing. 5x8@265. I've been using these relatively light weeks to mess with some things and try to refine my technique. Today, I worked on staying tight throughout the motion and also widened my grip width and placed the bar a little lower. About halfway between high and low bar. I likes. Ended with 3x8 on RDLs@225,295,295

BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/14 at 11:00pm
You know what you should try? Some pull overs.
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/14 at 10:39am
Oh yeah.  I seem to memember certain people from a certain place being all Mr. Yuck on deadlifts.
...Josh
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/14 at 9:06pm
That was just Luke being a baby because he couldn't deadlift as much as me. Push press tonight. 5x8@155. Felt okay. I think I'm going to switch push press to first rather than doing it after squat. I feel I lose some power and snappyness with my current workout rotation. Kept it short tonight. Did some strict press 8,3,2,2@115,135,135,135. I was gassed.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/14 at 1:58am
I did deads yesterday morning. 5x8@300. It was easy enough but I had a throbbing headache which made the whole goin up and down thing feel terrible to my head brain. I still have that headache. Stupid jerk. Oh well. I'll bench it away in the morning. I did some shrugs too. 3x10@275. Squeazey top.

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/14 at 9:18am
Exertion headache?
...Josh
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/14 at 11:11pm
Nah I only get those when I poop too hard. Might have neen a migraine. I'm not exactly sure what differentiates a migraine from a bad headache though. All good now though. Bench went well. Luke sent me my workout via text by taking a picture of his laptop screen. I couldn't read it so I just guessed and did 3x8@195. Hopefully that's close to right. After the workout I did one set at 135 until I lost count. I have poor muscular endurance. Then, you guessed it, pullovers! Woot woot. Followed up with dips and various curls. I can barely lift my arms I did so many.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 9:27am
Squizzat dizzay. 3x8@300millions pounds. These were fine. My right ankle was buggin me but whatevs. I did RDLs as per usual. I just did 225 for 2x10. I did then all from static rather than touch and go like normal. That was different. Things got more different from there. Since I had 225 on the bar I figured "hey why not clean this?" So I done some hang cleans. Just a few sets of snappy doubles. Nothin too cray cray. Continuing the spirit of different stuff I did 3x10 seated calf raises. These feel all together different compared to the standing variety. Not completely sold on them, but they were friendlier to my achilles, so a tip of the hat to seated calf raises.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 9:28am
What's a good synonym for "different?"

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 9:36am
For you?  "Special,"  or possibly "Touched."
...Josh
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 10:05am
"Touched?" Is that a Catholic joke? Cuz Pope Frank put an end to all of that.

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Barry Barry wrote:

"Touched?" Is that a Catholic joke? Cuz Pope Frank put an end to all of that.

No.  What am I?  Tasteless?  No I meant:

You could fit a whole lightweight class in there!
...Josh
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/14 at 11:39pm
You won't be laughing when we combine with other busses to form a shorter but still awesome Vultron type robot. That'll learn ya. Anyway, today was push press day. 3x8@170. First two sets felt kinda bad, but on the third, I narrowed my hands, emphasized keeping my elbows high in the rack position, and switched from an open to closed grip. All of this combined to make an awesome snappy happy set. Other lifts today included ohp for warm ups, seated db press 2x8@70s, bradford press 1x20@95, skull crushers 3x10, and pushdowns 3x10.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic