FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Andy Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/14 at 12:49am
The Lifting Dead. 3x8@335. First two sets felt like balls. Third set was wonderful. I finally decided not to dick around and to drive my legs through the floor. Proceed to shrugs. 4x10@315,365,365,315 1x20@225. TRX rows@bodyweight 2x10,1x20. I think these might become a staple. They're the only row type movement that doesn't bother my biceps.
"Three hams will kill him." -A reliable medical journal

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/14 at 7:48am
Bench testing 8+@220. Got 10. I only got 200 for 11 three weeks ago, so that's encouraging. I had some bad shoulder pain on my warm-up sets, but that worked its way out thankfully. After the test I did more bench 2x20@135, pullovers 2x20@60, curls 2x8@95(theae hurt my right forearm. Feels like poop) I dropped the weight to 55lbs and did drag curls, and finished with tempo curls 5 seconda up, five seconds down for 4 reps. Vert burny but in an okay way.

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/14 at 8:05am
Squart test. Same deal 8+@335 (turns out it was supposed to be 330 but whatevs) I got 10. Not too shabby. My right ankle is being a real B when I hit the hole, but other than that it felt nice. Immediately upon finishing, I stripped down to 315 and proceeded to fail on a front squat. I probably should have rested, but the failure wasn't due to fatigue or lack of strength, just lack of oxygen. I've struggled mightily trying to get a good rack to keep the bar off my trachea throughout the motion. When down to 225 for 2x5 fronts. Again no breathing. I probably need to work on shoulder mobility. After that, I went home.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/14 at 9:13am
I forgot to mention, today was the first time I belted up in the last month or so. I like going beltless. I can see potential benefits, but with maxing out and the potential for getting fatigued, the belt gives me peace of mind. I'm not sure what the next few days will hold as far as lifting goes. One more twelve hour over night shift followed by eleven days off of work. Nine off which will be spent in a tree stand. My hope is to get my deadlift and pushpress test outs in whenever I can in between intermittent delicious woodland creature slaughter. I will pick the workout back up as normal the following week. That's the plan for now.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/14 at 5:46pm
So my week long break from lifting turnt into two. Flipping my schedule for deer hunting really took it out of me. I've been feeling run down ever since. I had my 3x8+@185 for push press. I warmed up with 2x5@135 strict press, 1x5@155 push press, 1x2@225, 1x10@185. Good enough. Did nothing else. Easing back into it.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/14 at 1:28am
Getting back into the swing of things. Deadlift 3x8@375. Got 12. Woot. Full disclosure, after rep 8, I had to stop about fifteen seconds to retighten my straps (yes I use straps for my tiny baby hands). It kind of threw off my nice touch and go rhythm I had crappenin' so I consider it a set of twleve. It felt great. I'm happy my deadlift is finally starting to come around again. I finished up with shrugs 10,10,10,20,20 @315,315,315,225,135. Lots of top pausing. Then TRX rows with feet up on a bench 3x8@one grown ass man of average size.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/14 at 7:51am
Bizzench. 6x5@195. Meh. Didn't feel bad or great. It just felt. Pullovers 4x5@80,80,80,85. Dips 3x10@me. Bi guns curcuit straight bar curl, drag curl, db curls 2x10 for each. No rest between.

Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/14 at 1:35am
Today was squat day, and it was awful. 6x5@295 felt like a billion x a billion @ a billion. I considered stopping after set four, but I didn't because, balls. I think I spent too much time on the ice and not enough time in bed yesterday. I did RDLs too. 3x5@275,295,295. I foam rolled before and between squat sets for the first time ever. It made me hips and glutes feel goods.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic