Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Robin Knebel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 36>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/14 at 10:07am
Additionally, MattyIce is talking about going LW when he's packing up shop. Where did the dignity go? ha
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/14 at 10:28am
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

also, who is "us"?

You're one of, like, 3 people on this board under 240.

Woot!  I'm in the top 3!
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/14 at 11:13am
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

Originally posted by Sean Sean wrote:

Hey, at least I haven't sissied out and gone LW ;)

coughjohnoddencough

lol..

also, who is "us"?

You're one of, like, 3 people on this board under 240.

We are a small, but skinny group.

I could see Matty doing it.

Boy had the comp of his life last weekend. He and JJ went head to head and he clutched out a big caber when he needed it. Popped 17 in WOB for the first time in a long time too.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/17/14 at 12:53pm
I attribute it to him not cutting his sleeves off.. just sayin'
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/20/14 at 1:00pm
Portland Highland Games:

Had a great time at the games yesterday. The field was stacked w/ Dan McKim, Matt Vincent, Dan Williams, Spencer Tyler, Jake Sullivan, Andy Vincent, Ryan Stewart, Jon O'neil, Josh Goldthorp, Luke Mckay, and myself. Had a up and down day but had a few PR's so I'm happy with that. Plus it was my first time throwing with this caliber of athletes so overall I think things went well. I finished 7th by one point over Ryan Stewart until they rechecked the WOB scores and saw that he actually finished one point over me by 1 point. No big deal, I had a great time.

Numbers:

Open Stone: 46+ (8th) This was about what I was expecting but was hoping for maybe a little more.

Portland Stone: 13+ (Last) For as much as I love the Portland Games, I dislike this even almost as strongly. I just can't figure this thing out. I like the idea behind it but since I suck at it...no thanks.

HWFD: 37+ (8th) I was hoping to make up a few points here that I lost in the stones but just couldn't put it together. Warming up I felt good but once I stepped in the trig...BLEH!

LWFD: 77+ (5th or 6th?) Kinda felt similar here but not as bad as in the HWFD. My first throw was my best and I came off of that throw knowing I would break 80' today with how it felt...didn't happen.

H. Hammer: 99+ PR (5th) I've been waiting for my practice numbers to show up in a game and they finally did. I actually think I had a few more feet in me because I couldn't get the hammer out of my hands. First throw it ripped the entire middle finger off of my right glove. Second throw was best but it was still sticking to my hands.

L. Hammer: 123' PR (4th) Similar feeling to Heavy Hammer but the handle wasn't nearly as sticky. Previous PR was 118' and my shortest throw today was 120'. Happy with this.

WOB: 16' PR (4th) Been right at the brink of clearing 16' all year and going into the day I was pretty confident it would happen. BUT, then we had a 1.5 hour lunch break and we all stiffened up and I wasn't as optimistic. Loosened up and it happened. On to 17' and I was sure I wouldn't touch the bar. 1st attempt - hit on the way up. On my 2nd attempt - I CLEARED IT...but it rolled over the knock off bar and drug the bar down with it. 3rd attempt hit the bar pretty hard on the way up. Really happy here and 17' is a realistic goal my next games.

Caber: ??? (10th) Caber sucked. All the tacky had dried on my hands. first two picks my hands slipped. First one the caber only got 3-4 inches off the ground. 2nd my hands slipped higher up and both slid out to the side. I was able to get them back under but only at my finger tips. 3rd was a little better but not great. I doubt that it slipping really would have made much of a difference in my placing but it would have been nice to at least get three pulls in.

Don't have another game until Boise in September and then it's off season for me. Gonna spend the next two months getting stronger and might try to lean out a little. We'll see. Great time in Portland and can't wait until next year.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/21/14 at 12:50pm
Pretty sore yesterday so I took a really hot shower then did a lot of stretching. Then went and did a bunch of swimming just to get the blood flowing and to help loosen things up. Then stretched again. Still a little sore but much better than yesterday.

Back in the gym tonight for some squats and deadlift.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/22/14 at 1:24am
Lift tonight:

Knees were hurting so I switched it up and did some upper body work.

Bench 3x10x225 1x5x275 Moving the bar nice and slow getting a good stretch at the bottom. Haven't lifted in 2 weeks so in just trying to get back in the swing of things.

Military Press 3x8x225

Chest flies 3x10

rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 2:03am
Lift tonight:

Squat: 4x8x405

Deadlift: 4x8x495, 1x585, 1x635 PR

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 8:27am
4x8 with 405 is impressive, then you pull 635. No wonder you're crashing the bar at 17. Good work.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 12:50pm
Now that I got a little whiff of 17' I want it real bad! I was so close in Portland that I'm hoping I can do enough work in the next month and a half to get it done in Boise!
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 1:26pm
You the man Robin.
The man in the arena.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/14 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

You the man Robin.

Meh... Definitely "a" man, but I've got a lot of work to do if I want to be "the" man.

How's that calf doing?
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/27/14 at 12:39am
Lift tonight:

First off I got super drunk last night with some buddies around my fire pit. Only got maybe 1-2 hrs. of sleep. Felt terrible today and didn't want to lift but I needed to, so I did.

Bench

Strict press

Trice press down

Curls

Decided to jump on the cross - fit like conditioning and tried out the 135x30 clean and press. My buddy, who makes me look like I'm in great shape, went first. He was only able to squeak out 20 reps in 7m6s. I did all 30 reps in 5m15s. I wsant super winded but my shoulders were toast. Think I probably won't do this after an upper body workout.   Did 1 set of 10 and 4 sets of 5.

Also, I made the ultimate sandwich today.   I think I saw it on Craigs training log before and have wanted to try it ever since. The differences that I remember are, I used all 3 rib eyes instead of 2, I did 2 layers of bacon, and my sauce was a bbq/Worchester!/dijon mustard mix. Hardest part was waiting 4 hours for it to sit under the weight.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 1:34am
Lift tonight:

Squats: Worked up to a set of 405x8 then did 3x5x455.

Deadlift: Worked up to 4x5x495. Felt really heavy.   Finished with a planned set of 405x20. Got to 10 and said "F" that!
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:05am
Originally posted by rknebel rknebel wrote:

Also, I made the ultimate sandwich today.   I think I saw it on Craigs training log before and have wanted to try it ever since. The differences that I remember are, I used all 3 rib eyes instead of 2, I did 2 layers of bacon, and my sauce was a bbq/Worchester!/dijon mustard mix. Hardest part was waiting 4 hours for it to sit under the weight.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:40am
Why is she so FECKING HOT?
The man in the arena.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:42am

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:48am
Robin's log is over.

Straps or no straps for the clean/press kornditioning?
The man in the arena.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:52am
I can't see it making a difference either way, since the weight is so light, and we know we're just after conditioning. 

Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 11:01am
No straps.   To much work to set back up after short rests.

Edited by rknebel - 7/29/14 at 11:35am
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 11:06am
Imma try this tonight!
The man in the arena.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Imma try this tonight!

It's tonight! What's your time???
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:21am
This is my best light hammer from Portland 123+.

rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 11:23pm
Lift tonight:

Bench 5x5x275

Incline 5x5x225

Tricep press down

Grace 4:23. 52 second improvement
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 11:32pm
Lift tonight:

Squat 5x5x455, 1x5x495-this sucked. Wanted to rack it after 2 or 3 but pushed it out.

Weighted hyper-extensions X a bunch. Just did them until I couldn't do anymore then did it a few more times.

Grace is a real bitch but I took it to her in 3:54. Matt V doing it in 1:30 seems crazy to me. I guess I outweigh him by 70 lbs and am half as strong so maybe it makes a little since. That's almost 1:30 off my first time last week. I'm expecting to improve a little less next time. She kicked my ads pretty good tonight.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/14 at 12:26am
Throws tonight:

Heavy and light hammer: First time over 100' w the the heavy tonight at 102'. Light wasn't bad.   Most everything was over 120' with a 124' long.

Sheaf: Don't have standards but there is a a fence set up around the discuss circle at a high school down the street.   It sits at 20 feet tall. My buddy said I was about 10 feet over most every throw.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/14 at 1:18am
Lift tonight:

Bench

Incline

Squats

Weighted Back Extensions

Wanted to see if I was able to do any pull ups. Weight myself first and was 341 lbs. Started from a hang and did 2 legit pull-ups from a hang. Nothing special but honestly I would have been happy with one. Did a few more sets of two playing around with different grips. Think I'm going to work on this and see what I can accomplish...
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 11:41pm
Been lifting and throwing some this week.  Went out of town for a couple days and have been busy at work and organizing my local games this upcoming weekend.  Can't wait to get out of AD mode and fully back into competitor mode.  
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/14 at 2:07am
Threw with the A's in my local games this weekend as sort of an exhibition sort of thing.  Had a very good day.  PR'd in 5 events...

Braemar:  40'4"  PR First time over 40' w/ the Braemar stone.  

Open Stone:  47'8ish  PR  Don't remember what my exact # was but it was close to a 1' PR

Heavy Weight: 35'+  Not sure what my issue with the heavy weight has been since Bellingham, but it's just not clicking for me.

Light Weight:  80'+  Finally back over 80'.  It's been a while since I've hit 80.  

Heavy Hammer:  101'+  PR  First time over 100' w/ the Heavy Hammer.

Light Hammer:  125'10"  PR  Another 2 foot PR.  Hammers just keep getting better.  

Sheaf: 32'  PR  I've hit 30' several times and been close to 32' but this is the first time over.

WOB:  15'  Had plenty on it for 16' but kept leaving it out front.  

Boise in a month and then that's it until next year for me....

rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/14 at 1:52pm
Lift last night:

Flat Bench

Push Press

Front Squat

Dead Lift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 36>
  Share Topic