Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Robin Knebel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/25/15 at 5:46pm
Just finished a city league basketball game. We won by 7ish. We only had 5 guys on our team show up so all 5 of us played the entire game, which was pretty rough. Ended with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Had fun but im spent.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:22am
Lift tonight:

Strict Press: 5x5, 3x3, 1x2

Close grip bench: 5x5, 3x3, Burnout

Seated Rows

Lat Pull Downs

Curls

Overhead strength is improving. Finished strict press with a set of 2 w/ 245. Thinking about lifting heavy for another week or two and doing another run at some volume work, probably about 4 weeks.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:32am
Body was getting a little beat up so I took a couple days off and just spent the last few nights spending time with my babies.   We read a ton of books watched some movies and did a little wrestling.   It was a good couple of days. My daughter asked me last night why I wasn't going to the gym so I'm glad I took a little time and spent it with them.

Lift tonight:

Front Squat: 4x5, 2x3, 2x1. My last set of 1 was a front squat PR at 435.

Deadlift: 5x5x515 - first time dead lifting in a couple months. Felt good to do a little pulling again after tweaking my back the last time. I want a big WOB this year so I'm planning to pull a little more frequently.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:49am
Long day, didn't want to lift, lifted anyway, lift sucked, I felt like $hit, BUT I got the work in.....
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 10:26am
Got out of town this weekend and trained with a buddy up north. Did some stone and hammer throwing and then when we were done I did my first stone lifting session ever.

Throws went ok. Pretty happy to have my Hammer just a couple feet from 120' at this point in the year.

Some lifting went well also.   His heaviest stone was 250# so it wasn't all that difficult.   I ripped it 11 times in a row. That is picking it up putting it on the platform and them picking it up and setting it down 11 times. Could have done more strength wise but it gassed me. I feel like stone lifting could be a great training going tool. My mid and upper back were pretty tore up. Gonna make some of my own and start training with them. I'm even playing around with doing a couple strongman comps this year. We'll see.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 12:28am
Lift tonight:

Push Press - Haven't done push press in a while. Timing was a little off at first but I settled into it after a bit.

Close grip bench.

Lat Pull Downs.

Seated Rows.

Curls.

Really haven't felt great the last few times I've lifted my upper body. I would like to get through 3-4 more weeks before switching things up a little but I may not make it. Feeling pretty beat up.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 7:10am
Strongman comps? Cagefighter?

Knebel 2016!!!
The man in the arena.
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 11:55am
I'm in the same boat, Robin. I can hit the heavier singles for a few weeks, but then have to back off. Don't push it too long, man. You're too strong and dangerous right now to not listen to the body!  
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Strongman comps? Cagefighter?

Knebel 2016!!!

This is my first injury free off season since I started the games in 2010 and I'm really feeling good.   I love competition and the more I can compete the better.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Daniel McKim Daniel McKim wrote:

I'm in the same boat, Robin. I can hit the heavier singles for a few weeks, but then have to back off. Don't push it too long, man. You're too strong and dangerous right now to not listen to the body!  

Dan, I think I'll go ahead and take your advice and spend the rest of the week de-loading. I'll keep everything light and smooth and hopefully I'll be back on track next week.
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 1:39pm
Yeah, man. I know you didn't ask for any input, and neither do you need it, but I know how hard it is to fight that urge. So many years I've had the mentality of "I feel bad, tired and beat up ... I better push through it and prove to myself I'm not weak." I'm doing the same thing these last few days and as hard as it is, my body is glad. 
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/15 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Daniel McKim Daniel McKim wrote:

Yeah, man. I know you didn't ask for any input, and neither do you need it, but I know how hard it is to fight that urge. So many years I've had the mentality of "I feel bad, tired and beat up ... I better push through it and prove to myself I'm not weak." I'm doing the same thing these last few days and as hard as it is, my body is glad. 

Dan, advice is always welcome from anyone. I don't necessarily always take it but I always consider what people are saying and it's still welcome. Having you reaffirm what I was already kinda thinking definitely helps the decision to step back a little bit for a week or so. I think the biggest difference this year compared to the past is that I'm lifting heavier weight and it's taking more of a toll on my body. It's hard to take a step back but I think it's necessary. I do appreciate your input. Thanks.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/04/15 at 11:54pm
Lift tonight:

Taking Dan's advice and taking a deload week.

1000m Row

Stretching: Mostly in my shoulders and hips.

Squats: 3x5x315

Deadlift: 3x5x315

Slam ball/medicine ball circuit.

Edited by rknebel - 2/05/15 at 1:14am
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/05/15 at 4:58am
It's all in the hips K-Elf.
The man in the arena.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/07/15 at 12:03am
More deload:

Push Press: 3x5xlight

Close Grip Bench: 3x5xlight

Seated Rows: light

Law pulls: light

More medicine ball work and was out of the gym in 30-40 mins.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/15 at 1:33am
I'm done deloading and am back to the grind.

Lift tonight:

Strict Press: 5x5

Push'ish Press: 2x3 - Didn't push much. Have a pulled calf a slightly pulled growing so I didn't get much out of my legs here but I got a little.

Close Grip Bench: 5x5

Seated Rows: 4x8

Lat Pull Downs: 4x8

Curls
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/15 at 12:42am
Lift tonight:

Been dealing with some minor aches/pains/injury stuff. Nothing serious but I don't want to make it worse. Have a pulled calf, and groin/inner thigh. So I only pushed myself until they started to bother me and then backed off.

Squat: Worked up to 455 - Narrowed my stance a little bit to try and put a little less strain on my groin/inner thigh and it seemed to work. Weight felt pretty light also and I think my range of motion improved with the stance adjustment

Deadlift: Worked up to 495x5 and then planned on doing 545x5 and did one and felt the strain on my groin/inner thigh and called it quits.

The weights were moving really well/fast tonight and I hope it's a sign of good things to come.
Ryan Stewart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/15 at 9:10am
Keep your health as your number one priority. You are already big and strong. 25 more lbs on your squat, bench and dead will do little for you. Healthy body will get you throwing bombs. Don't chase gym numbers that don't mean shit. That is my 2 cents ;)
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/15 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Ryan Stewart Ryan Stewart wrote:

Keep your health as your number one priority. You are already big and strong. 25 more lbs on your squat, bench and dead will do little for you. Healthy body will get you throwing bombs. Don't chase gym numbers that don't mean shit. That is my 2 cents ;)

Agreed mostly.   I think I'm fairly strong but I also think I've got a pretty high ceiling strength wise, at least in some areas.   I don't plan on sacrificing my health...anymore... to try and reach that ceiling but I think I can still train smart through the occasional ouchy.

Either way, as the season approaches I plan to really amp up the throwing practice opposed to last year where there was some throwing and much more lifting.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/15 at 12:47pm
Lift last night:

Push press: Sets of 5 up to 275 then did a couple singles to 300. Had some more there but missed 325.

Dips: 3 sets of ?

Lat Pull downs: 3x8

Seated rows: 3x8

Curls
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 9:29am
Lift last night:

Squat: Worked sets of 5 up to 545. Put 510 on the bar really hoping to grind out 10. Finished rep 9 and it was either get one more and probably take a little involuntary nap right on the gym floor, or rack it and get it next time. I chose to shoot for it next time.

Planned to dead lift but I was wrecked after all the squatting. Figured I was just setting myself up for injury so I called it. Did some medicine ball stuff and was done.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:52pm
Lift tonight:

Before I went my lifting partner wanted to back out, rest tonight, and lift tomorrow. I talked him out of it but I should have listened. I felt terrible.

Push Press: Did a bunch of sets of 5 at 255. Wanted to keep the weight moving fast but everything felt sluggish.

Close Grip Bench Press: Again just wasn't feeling it. Weight felt heavy and just didn't want to move like it normally would.

Seated Rows: The weight didn't feel as bad here but after each set I was breathing heavy and felt beat up.

Lat Pull Downs: Same as above.

Curls
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/20/15 at 12:34am
Lift tonight:

Deadlift: 10x225, 10x315, 10x405, 5x495, 3x5x545, 3x585, 1x635, 1x635, Failx675. Haven't done much deadlifting over the last couple months because of a minor back injury a couple months ago. Pretty happy to be where I am at this point in the year without really working on my dead lift.

Sumo Deads: 3x10x225 - Just wanted to feel these. Could really tell how tight I am in the hips and am really uncomfortable with these.

Good Mornings: 3x10x185

DONE!
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:13pm
Lift tonight:

Bench

Bench w/slingshot

Tricep press downs

Seated rows- wide and narrow grip

Face Pulls

Lat Pull Downs

Curls
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:16am
Lift tonight:

Squats: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, 405x5, 475x5x5

Weighted Back Extensions

Medicine Ball Circuit
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/15 at 12:58am
Lift tonight:

Bench: 5x5

Slingshot Bench: 2x5, 1x10

Dips:

Trice Press Downs:

Lat pull downs:

Face Pulls:

Curls:
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/15 at 12:56am
Lift tonight:

Dead Lift: 225x10, 315x10, 405x5, 495x5, 545x5x5

Rack Pulls: 405x10, 495x5, 545x5, 635x2, 675x1

Good Mornings: 185x10x3
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/15 at 10:35am
I love how ive been pushing for 545x5 all off season and you get it in like a month after starting to lift.....damn.....skrong.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/03/15 at 1:48am
Lift tonight:

Strict Press: Worked up to 225x3

Close Grip Bench: Worked up to 275x5, Finished with 2x10x225.

Tricep Push downs:

Seated Rows: Close Grip 3x8, Wide Grip 3x8

Face pulls:

Lat Pull downs:
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/05/15 at 12:00am
Lift tonight:

Squat- All the heavy squats are making me jealous plus so I wanted to see what I had in me.   Wanted 605.

545x3, 585x1, 605x1, 635x1, 675x1. Pretty happy!

In gonna try and lose about 20# before my owner in Victoria so I wanted to see where I was now in case I lose a little strength from dieting.   Shouldn't, but just making sure. Thinking about max dead lifting next week but we'll see how I feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>
  Share Topic