Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Joshua Siau

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAINING LOG: Joshua Siau
    Posted: 2/28/11 at 7:26am
Hey, kinda new to this so here goes. Trainng this year hasn't gone as well as I'd like, but this last saturday had a real good one. had Jason Hamilton come down and we got alot done I think. learned more in one afternoon than I have in months! anyone who wants to join us is welcome to, we get together at Bradley Lake Park in Puyallup, behind the South Hill Mall every saturday.
I'm just an idiot, pretending to be smart.
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/02/11 at 8:20am
went out to throw the hammer the other day, just to see if all the practice I got in over the weekend wa sa fluke. threw about 3 paces beyond my previous record. doing good!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/07/11 at 4:24am
Had a great training day on saturday. I feel I got alot accomplished in the way of the weight for distance and the weight over bar. I even got a 22 pace hammer throw! that's 2 more than my previous best record. but I oly got it once, so I'll have to work on it. I really need to get one of those surveyers tapes, they're more accurate.
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/11 at 1:47pm

great time over the last weekend. I got Bret Lathrop out to help me out, and I feel I've made some vast improvement. I can do two spins on weight for distance now!

I also just made a new impliment for weight for distance! looks very professional.

Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/11 at 2:06pm
Sounds good, Josh. Don't worry about measuring every throw, pacing it off
while you go fetch the implement is fine. That's what I do, it satisfies my
curiosity and doesn't waste a bunch of time.

New weight?   PICS!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/26/11 at 4:47pm

alright, I fell off the wagon for a little while, but with the CLAW coming up this weekend, and Kelso and Belfaire in September, it's time to get back on.

new training regime of 30 min to hour

Monday, Stones.

Tuesday, Heavy Hammer.

wednesday, Sheaf toss.

Thursday, Weight for Distance.

Friday, Weight over Bar.

Saturday, meet the guys at the park and do it all in one swift go.

Wish me luck, folks!

JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/26/11 at 4:52pm
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/11 at 4:25am
the new workout thing is already working. I threw the heavy hammer a couple nights ago, and got about an average of 16 paces on each throw. last night I really worked on it and got 18 paces a few times. that's only 2 or 3 paces less than my previous light hammer throw!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/11 at 6:39am
I busted two seperate stiched on my sheaf
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/11 at 5:53pm
Fantastic day at Enumclaw! PR's all around, and the weather was beautiful. it was an honor to throw with the B classers.
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/11 at 4:48am
My twin brother might be getting into the games. hope he does, wouldn;t that be interesting to see? twins going toe-to-toe.
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/11 at 2:35pm
Great work with the PRs this weekend, Josh! It was nice to
meet you and spend some time in the Word. Best wishes for
the rest of the season!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/11 at 3:36pm
Thanks Dan. and thanks for hosting that bible study, and though it was more set up by Wally and Kaelyn, the chance to watch you and see what I need to work on. Throw hard!
adam keep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam keep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/11 at 8:24pm
Hey man what school did you go to? I grew up in the Lakewood area and graduated from Clover Park. I used to live right by the South Hill Mall where you guys throw too.
105kg pro strongman
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/11 at 9:27am
Went throwing with the guys yesterday, and all I can say is uff-dah! I need to work that hard more often!!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/11 at 9:29am

Well, I went to Rogers in Puyallup for a while, right now I'm at Pierce college.

JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/11 at 8:07am
Hey guys, I'm getting Married!! those of you who know me, you've met Laura. I spoke with her parents yesterday, and I proposed to her and shhe said yes!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/11 at 7:00am
so I jsut got done updating my website. if you get the chance, check it out. http://wheredidmybraingo.webs.com/index.htm
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/10/11 at 4:58am

alot of guys on here have more or less the same mentality. macho man. muscle man. real men don't cry, talk about feelings. real men talk about beer and boobs and getting some pussy. Well here is where I stand out. I don't like talking about beer. While I enjoy them, I don't like talking about boobs and pussy. I feel alot of people in the games push this mentality on me, and I feel forced to behave in kind. the only reason I am putting this on here is because I am tired of it and need to say something, but I know this is the one place most of those people will not see it, because almost no one reads my training log.

Jay, Craig, no need to respond. I already know you will tell me to stop complaining. but guess what? this is MY thread. this is where I get to talk about whatever the heck I want. as a good friend told me, I shouldn't put on the big man jsut to impress everyone else. and I am not going to anymore.

JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 4:23am
I had a nightmare last night that I snapped off one of the tines on my sheaf pitchfork. I actually went out to the garage to make sure it was alright.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 5:02am
Originally posted by JSiau10 JSiau10 wrote:

Jay, Craig, no need to respond. I already know you will tell me to stop complaining. but guess what? this is MY thread. this is where I get to talk about whatever the heck I want. as a good friend told me, I shouldn't put on the big man jsut to impress everyone else. and I am not going to anymore.

No complaints from me, like you said, it's your thread and you can talk about whatever you want. 

Carry on. 
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 5:08am
I will; however, put a pic of a chick in a bikini in every post you make from here on out.

I kid, I kid. 
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 5:13am
wow craig, I didn't know they made bikinis small enough for chickens.
JasonHamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonHamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 7:45am

real men talk about beer and boobs and getting some pussy. Well here is where I stand out. I don't like talking about beer. While I enjoy them, I don't like talking about boobs and pussy.

I dont think you STOPPED talking about boobs once the last time I threw with you.

Your post was also the first mention of pussy I've seen here in 11 months of scanning this forum. Don't think I've heard any guys mention it at any HG event either.

JasonHamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonHamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/11 at 7:48am

Most guys use their logs to talk about throws, front squats, push presses and deadlifts but I suppose this format works too...

BTW, congrats on the engagement!!

bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/11 at 2:21am

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

No complaints from me, like you said, it's your thread and you can talk about whatever you want. 

Carry on. 

Same here Josh... Carry on.

Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/11 at 4:13am
Thanks Jason!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/11 at 4:14am
Back on topic, I went to the Gym yesterday, and I rediscovered the wonders of the bench press. I haven't bench pressed since I was 16, I forgot how satisfying it feels.
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/11 at 7:04am
Dang, you got a womens weight for $4.20????   Go back there and get a 28'er too!

AND TELL ME WHERE THIS PLACE IS!!!    (we need a decent womens 28 for WOB).

OK, the season is winding down. You have thrown a bunch, worked with some great guys, and done well. In a few weeks it's going to be time to sit down and re-evaluate.  Do you have a date for the wedding, yet? If so, then that means that will be a priority, of course. 

You need to think on priorities and just how far you want to go with this stuff.  IF your goal is to improve BIGTIME,  then you have November- March to spend in the weight room.  If your goal is to have fun and improve a little bit, then you can throw a little bit during the off season and lift a little bit...like once a week, and you will get better. You can decide that you're keeping this low-key and go do other things during the off season and then start it up again in March.

There will be pressure from some guys to go all-out with this stuff. There will be pressure to get in the weight room 4 days a week during the off-season.  That's fine...FOR THEM.  You need to decide what YOU want to do.  On the flip side, they get to make choices too, and if they decide that your commitment level isn't what they want to "hang with" then they might  kindly let you know that you should be training somewhere else. That's fair, too.

For a Master 50+ I worked incredibly hard this season.  The vast majority of the guys I throw with have some kind of gym routine, but never practice the throws...like...EVER. For them, that's what they want, and I don't look down on them for some perceived "lack of commitment".

Be wise. Make good decisions for yourself. If you decide to GO for it, then lift and train smart.

See ya on the field, Josh!
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/11 at 7:14am
Oh, and one other thing.   Remember what we talked about at the Bible study.  Respect is earned through integrity... through being honest about your standards, not pushing them off on other people, and not compromising what you know is right for yourself.

Some guys get respect for big throws.
Some guys get respect for having values and not compromising them.
Some guys get respect for both of those things.

SOME guys give the guys with values a hard time.  There's poking fun and laughing.  That's their choice.  The TRUTH behind that is, however, that they respect the guys with those values. It may not much look like it, but that's the truth.  Even if it's not the truth, and the macho man attitude bugs you, that's THEIR issue...THEIR stance. THEIR thing.

You do YOUR thing. Work as hard as your priorities tell you makes sense. Throw your best. Be wise.   Stick to your values, don't compromise them, but don't push them off on anybody else.

....LOL....and quit worrying about it, dude.  Just go throw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic