FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 55>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/18/15 at 4:00pm
I always found it near impossible to throw easy- always tried to push something out there (and rarely got there)
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 9:16am
So this weekend I had my wr in the wob broken by Braidy Miller.  First, Braidy is a friend and glad to see him get the record.  Of course I am sorry to see it go, but we always know this day is coming.  That record was big to me, it was the big Chief's before me.  I broke it by 16 inches.  I was proud of that one.  Have had 4 in the sheaf but they are all gone also now.  So I can sit here and lament what I am now and I am realistic about that.  I know I just am not what I was before all the operations.  Now glad I had them because they saved my life, but wish more of me was saved I guess.  That said we can pitty party the rest of the day away or I can get to work and get another record.  I know what I am so for those of you looking at the old dude and shaking their head.  But inside, I am the same as ever, my mind and soul still pushes onward.  The body is just not as cooperative.  But I have people helping me beat this situation.  I have the best weight lifting coach I could have, if I picked one dude that knew me and understood me and thought about lifting the way I do, I have him.  Grateful for the minimalist.  I have a good family and wife that feeds me good and gives me time to train and throw.  So instead of sitting and lamenting, I am scheming.  Yea, why not another record, some way some how?  So instead of walking the beach and collecting sea shells in Bermuda shorts, I am going forward with the challenge.  I am blessed as I enjoy the journey, I like being on the field toiling to be better, I like being in the gym paying my dues.  Why be normal?
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 9:52am
As we get older there is a new age group, there are new records to be broken....Break them.
Road Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 2:38pm
Damn well stated Mule, Fight the good fight.
The only thing I have to prove is that I'm not affraid to TRY !
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:43am
Monday felt pretty good, not sure about the cold, but felt decent.  So minimalist had me do
135 x 5, felt good, real good
225 x 3, still felt good
275 x 2, OK, no pain
300 x 6, just pumped this and it was nice
300 x 6, again in the groove
300 x 6, No problem, but it it starting to talk to me
300 x 6, On the down side so ok, still no lock outs, just pumping
300 x 6, OK
300 x 6, for some reason decide the last couple of reps to go extreme deep, and loose my balance coming out of the hole and have to muscle it up, when I do I bear down on it some and have had this cold.  Well my nose lets go and I bleed down my face.  I know it is happening, but need another rep to complete the 6 x 6 so I get it.  People are freaked out some as they all want to ask if I am ok and I am smiling like I won a prize.  Pleased w how easy I did the work, not easy, but did it.  Then went over to the ab roller and crushed it for 3 sets laying on the floor each rep.  Just felt real good, but cashed.  Came home and more awesome as soon as I walk in the door.  The house reeks of wonderful masterfully cooked cow.  It is incredible the smell, just blows up as soon as you step in.  Rib Roast.  On top of that the twice baked taters.  Oh my was this insane.  Yep she was a big one and had left overs the next night.  The eggs action is a couple nights ago.  I think she makes a nice egg. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:38am
so muc winning in those food pics.

oh, and nice 6x6
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 8:57am
Went in last night to get my incline on, last time I was not recovered and did not feel strong, this time it had been 10 days so I figured I would be good. 
135 x 1, my left wrist hurts terrible, so wrapped it all in a knee wrap
135 x 5, not so bad
185 x 3, was fine, no pain, just left the wrap on
225 x 5, I did it easy, but can tell I don't have my power really
235 x 4, again easy, if not better
245 x 3, easy
255 x 2, no pain, no prob
280 x 1, no problem, could have done at least another if not more but still can tell the power is off
185 x 16, this is less than last time.  Worked hard, no injuries and on to assistance
I curled some heavier for a vid for Jay, worked up 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75 x 5, 85 x 4, 95 x 3 video for the sheaf challenge.  Then side laterals 30 x 20 reps x 3 and push downs 3 sets of 20.  Felt pretty good, nice pump and all.  But seems this day the last two rounds my power is just not there.  Wrist did not hurt me again w the wrap on there and not since I took it off either.  Seems fine this morning and the old I ignore you and you go away method worked again.  Weird how a pain like that and significant can come and then split out of no place. 

Oh and third night in a row with rib roast left overs.  But alas, the party is over. 

Tuesday did an exhibition at a school and was in newspaper.  That is on top of the magazine story coming out so a lot of action of late. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

So this weekend I had my wr in the wob broken by Braidy Miller.  First, Braidy is a friend and glad to see him get the record.  Of course I am sorry to see it go, but we always know this day is coming.  That record was big to me, it was the big Chief's before me.  I broke it by 16 inches.  I was proud of that one.  Have had 4 in the sheaf but they are all gone also now.  So I can sit here and lament what I am now and I am realistic about that.  I know I just am not what I was before all the operations.  Now glad I had them because they saved my life, but wish more of me was saved I guess.  That said we can pitty party the rest of the day away or I can get to work and get another record.  I know what I am so for those of you looking at the old dude and shaking their head.  But inside, I am the same as ever, my mind and soul still pushes onward.  The body is just not as cooperative.  But I have people helping me beat this situation.  I have the best weight lifting coach I could have, if I picked one dude that knew me and understood me and thought about lifting the way I do, I have him.  Grateful for the minimalist.  I have a good family and wife that feeds me good and gives me time to train and throw.  So instead of sitting and lamenting, I am scheming.  Yea, why not another record, some way some how?  So instead of walking the beach and collecting sea shells in Bermuda shorts, I am going forward with the challenge.  I am blessed as I enjoy the journey, I like being on the field toiling to be better, I like being in the gym paying my dues.  Why be normal?

Yes
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/15 at 8:57am
Went in last night and got my pull on.  Now my back and legs were still in protest mode from Monday, but who knows what to expect.  It is Friday so the gym is sparsely populated, but of course there is never a line to get on the platform as there is not a bench there.  So
135 x 5, this felt like nothing and a good sign
225 x 4, again felt fantastic
315 x 3, felt feathery
405 x 1, ok, hard to get excited for a warm up
455 x 2, was slow off the floor and then tried to accelerate up and did some, but not as easy as it should have been
455 x 2, this was easier than the first set just showing my head needs to push some but my body is cashed from the week.  Went and tried the rip the cable off the pull down machine, did 5 sets gradually working up to the stack and then hung a 45 off of it to boot and still the cable held.  Overall felt pretty decent, the week back after a cold and all solid.  Nothing great, but still solid. 

Getting ready to take the field this morning to get some.  I need a game soon.  Anyone w a 50 class have a game coming up?  I need one.  Please hit me if you have some scoop.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/15 at 9:54am
Went out Saturday morning and got some, not much, but some.  Stone was meh.  And that was the high point of the day.  Heavy weight I felt good, nice form, unloaded nice, problem is the weight does not fly far.  Seems the ability to make it go far is not with me at this time.  Light weight was not so good, never got one good throw in.  Sheaf was more meh.  Came back later in the day with ironhead to shag for me and did some light hammer.  I should have let him throw and me shag it was so pathetic.  I am just slow and it shows in distances.  Me hate me
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/15 at 10:38am
Went in last night and of course it was bench night for the masses.  I was doing some shoulder pressing in the power rack so no problems there w a line of people.  I sat on a bench and pressed the bar over my head.  I have trouble w my balance and then cramp in my back some.  But getting more used to this, did 5 x 5 yesterday w two sets at 135 and the next 3 at 145.  I have more, but getting into this some.  Then did 6 dubs snatching trying to be fast.  I focus on my jump most.  The pull and the jump.  When I get the weight at the catch it has to be 8 feet high, so it is not just a high pull and I jump under.  No I am snatching it all the way up there.  That said it feels like my upper middle back is out of place and needs adjustment. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/15 at 10:58am
Keep it up brother!!!!!Smile
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/30/15 at 8:34am
Went in for some squat last night and it felt pretty good.  Warmed up nice and body felt solid. 
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1
385 x 3, this felt good, but thought from warm up it would feel better
385 x 3, this felt better than first set
385 x 3, this was good.  No amp up, just doing work
Then went over and crushed some abs.  I have been dealing with the ab wheel.  Now I have abs, always are there, but I am trying to over build my core, I want very strong, so using the wheel hard.  The first time I did it, my gut was sore for days.  So I see this vid of people using the wheel going off to the sides to work it that way, so figure I have been doing this a few weeks and am ready for that.  So first rep first set I wheel that thing over to the side and fall over sideways.  Was comical and slow crash.  I regrouped and figured I would just go straight out for now.  So by the third set I am cocky again.  I figure I won' t come all the way back up and rest at the top, just keep the tension laid out on it.  Well about the 6th rep I get some cramp I hope up high near the sternum and crash onto the floor again.  Came home bent over cramped some and of course Cheryl sees the comedy in this.  Again.  NY strip, big baked and broc, followed by giant and I mean giant glass of milk and ice cream. 

The guy with the altitude mask, oh, he has not even been coming to the gym now.  Don't you love the guys that are all in with anything and everything to the max and can sustain that for a week.  Bless his heart as we say in the south.  You know he will miss months and then be back in covering the same ground again with the same fervor, and then same as it ever was. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/04/15 at 9:00am
Got in the gym for some incline Friday, and felt decent.  Felt the best I have in a couple of rounds inclining. 
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
260 x 4, no groove, but had the power so it did not matter
260 x 4, same
260 x 4, just have no groove
260 x 4, best set, and had mo
3 rounds of 20 in concentration curl, push down and side lateral.  Had a great pump.  I actually felt pretty swole, and that is rare.  It did not last and was gone when I got home.  I felt encouraged w the workout. 

Saturday throwing.  My body is cashed from the lifting.  The sore from the legs is deep and still felt from Wednesday, but not horrible bad.  Just deep still there.  My chest and arms of course are not a daisy from last night.  So that leaves about nothing.  I skip stone as there is no reason to just destroy my shoulder this morning.  I am smarter than that and go right to the heavy weight.  FAIL.  This was bad.  I moved, or did not move I should say.  And of course was pissed.  So onto the light.  Just as bad really.  I sometimes could not spin all the way twice and unload it even.  One time due to the sun being so bright and it was early, as I turned to go to the trig I jumped so high I could see my shadow way up in the air and flying toward the trig and past.  I just let go of the weight at that point and sat down.  Did some light hammer and after a few actually felt semi decent.  Caber was solid, my run is better than ever.  Slow of course, but faster than my breamer.  Sheaf hurt the very first throw w my back.  Took a second as I did not actually believe it hurt or it could just be a warm up hurt.  No the second confirmed it was not.  I was hard headed and felt it was the wrong feeling and really took a nice hard third.  I decided to sit down after that one.  Ouch.  Hey, this is hurting my back.  On to kids soccer, now I have two kids playing.  So they have been rained out of late and the folks decided, we should make the games up.  Yep, two kids and two soccer games.  8:30 to 3:00 in the sun watching.  I love em playing, but hey, what are you guys doing to me?  Hot dogs galore.  Home for a power nap.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/05/15 at 8:58am
Body not feeling too bad after Sunday off.  Played at the park w Ironhead and I did hang from the bars there, had to do something.  Anyway, Monday got my pull on
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3, got a real sharp pain in the left shoulder here.  Like it almost started to pull out of the socket I was so relaxed.  It hurt pretty bad, so I took a bit and got some water and relaxed and put a plate on.  Figured I would ignore that and no reason to take 315 again, it would hurt regardless if it was going to hurt, so put a plate on
405, no problem
470 x 3, not bad, not a tough pull
405 x 4, now this was tough, I sat there and this would be a feather after the last set, nope it was still 405 and I got real light headed on pulling the third, but I need 4, about to pass out but got it.  Everyone standing there thought they looked good, so no need to freak em out
405 x 4, crushed this, fast off the floor, and just reps like the first one should have been
405 x 4, lost my form on first rep, shot my hips and knew it.  Meh
405 x 4, I am raw at this point.  And someone actually asked how many I was going to do?  I told them I was hopeful I hurt something and it would swell up.  They left.
Pull downs, started about half stack and matriculated down through the stack, then found a chain and hung some weight on the stack and tried to pull the cable off the machine.  I did not do it.  Then went in the back and laid in massage chair.  Came home to meatballs and pasta w garlic rolls.  Nice. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 10:03am
Went in last night for my shoulder press.  This week it is the only upper body movement other than the pull downs after deads the other night.  I have been setting up in the power rack, just straddling a bench and setting the bar in the rack just so I can put my chin over it.  Drop it down and start each rep from a dead start.  Seems kind of hard. 
135 x 5
145 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 3
175 x 3
185 x 3  I have horrible balance with this and have a hard time finding my groove, seems when I hit it the weight just goes up so easy but it is a rare find.  My head is in the way it seems most times.  But getting better and something newish to work on. 

Did some snatches, 6 doubles with 135.  Started and ended there.  I was kind of creaky after the eternal dead session Monday. 

The dude w the altitude mask came in that I made fun of and said how he thought my arms looked great.  Super, now I feel guilty.  Well not that much.  Watched a dude who comes in the gym multiple days a week for years come in and squat.  Just horrible, like it was his first time.  Has been doing the same shit for years and that is what it was.  If it was bench he, nope let me stop there, he would not have done a thing but what he does, cause he is too lazy to ever find out how to do things better.  He is going to do the same crap always. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 10:45am
I think those dead stop presses are something Oldfield used to do in his training?
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/15 at 10:02am
Went in Friday for some squats, had pulled a lot of volume Monday so was not sure, but the minimalist was thinking a different direction. 
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1, just crushed it so easy.  Was a Friday evening pleasure cruise.  Then was feeling good so got that ab roller out.  And I crushed it also.  15, 15, 15 and the last one did not come all the way up, just stayed kind of laid out w constant tension.  Saturday afternoon I sneezed and could feel each individual muscle contract it seemed while it happened.  My core responded to the ab work with pain. 

Saturday morning it was blazing hot.  Way up over 90 before I got warmed up.  I was sweating by the time I got the tailgate down.  And alone.  Stone, considering the week I had I felt pretty good.  In fact I felt real good, hit the positions I wanted.  Yes, wanted a little more mileage, but considering what I put the rig through this week it was outstanding.  Heavy weight, again felt real good.  I did not throw it over 4 feet high the entire time.  Just line drive velocity stuff.  was not that pleased with it, but felt good.  28 was decent, much better than the last couple of weeks.  Actually hitting the position and turning, just not all the yam I would like on that but sure was solid.  Now light hammer felt good and went good.  But as of late, the first throw feels like I am pulling the wire from the defib out of my chest.  I mean I turn that shoulder up to unload and wow, nice pain in the chest.  Good news is I don't notice it after that first one.  Was unreal how smooth I felt in the hammer, as anyone who knows me this is a freakish diversion from my normal frankenstien stance.  I threw it hard enough to break it after 4 tosses.  Caber was tough, I found the lip of a sidewalk I could stand it up against and take off running from there.  By now I was scalding hot and panting like a dog between throws.  Turned the caber a couple times and determined I was good there.  Took some wob tosses and felt great until the last one and I left it out front.  The rest were real nice timing wise.  Went home and took a nice nap and some chow.  Came back when the sun was a little cooler and did some sheaf.  I took about 10 tosses with it and was pretty pleased.  The body warmed up nice and easy and let me yam on it some.  Sheaf is going the best of any event for me right now.  I will take it. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/15 at 8:17am
Went in last night and hit my incline.  I felt pretty fresh this time and have not the last few.  My training has agreed with me as of late.
135 x 5
185 x 4
225 x 1
255 x 1
280 x 2 This felt nice, pretty decent groove, but enough power to do at least another rep if not two
280 x 2, crushed it w more in the tank
Did my rounds of 20 reps w bi, tri and side laterals.  Pushed the reps pretty hard again.  Had a decent pump. 

Glasgow on 31st and Blairsville two weeks later.  Well that is the plan. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/15 at 8:15am
Pulled last night and felt good going, but just had trouble getting up for it.  Still decent and I pulled well.
135 x 5
225 x 4 all felt good
315 x 2
405 x 1
500 x 2, now was going to do a double double, but this felt heavy when I did it and slow.  Then later watched the video and how you feel is a lie.  It looked pretty good, real good.  Not slow and fine. 

Did pull downs, 5 sets of a bunch.  Then jumped rope again, this was the second time, did them on leg day.  I was better this time, went 23 wo a miss.  Did 50 total and was gassed. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/15 at 9:08am
Got in Friday night to do some shoulder and snatch.  I was out of gas.  Tough long day work and emotional with life.  I got there though.  Last person I did a claim with, took the time to meet them late in the day and what I got in return was she informed me I was a son of a bitch.  I wanted to explain, no I am an asshole, but she left.  For the best. 
Sat on a bench in the rack and started from the bottom as usual.
135 x 5, 135 x 5, 145 x 5, 155 x 5, 165 x 5.   Getting better with more and more speed here.  So decent.  Snatch, 6 dubs as fast as I could go.  Then jump rope.  Getting better jumping over the rope more times in a row, in fact the last group took me over the 50 goal to 61.  Now my rig is not the most efficient and it about made me throw up.  Minimalist advised perfect as it indicates we need mo of dat.  Laid in the massage chair a while and contemplated. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/15 at 9:38pm
Nice 500lb double- jump rope - you'll get better- have to start somewhere
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/19/15 at 1:33pm
Went out Saturday morning and got stone and it felt good.  Heavy and light weights were both pretty good.  Hammer was feeling decent and I broke it.  Did 3 cabers and was just gassed.  It was so humid I could see my breath.  Did a few wob and my pull felt real long and good.  Went home and cooled down and ate and it felt like a rib was out.  Took a nap and the rib hurt.  Tried to go back and toss some sheaf and I was out of gas and the rib spoke.  Took a few and split.  Party was over. 

Went in Monday night for some squat action.  This is two weeks out so cutting back on the real heavy.  Minimalist had me do some volume as he feels plenty of time to recover and I agree. 
135 x 5, felt real good
225 x 3, again feeling good
315 x 1, just fine
350 x 5, took this too light mentally and while I did it and did it easy, I had to pay more attention and not just pump them.
350 x 5, did 5 singles and crushed
350 x 5, again 5 singles
350 x 5, solid
350 x 5, best set.  Then got over to the ab roller, did 3 sets of all 10 reps, think I did 12 there and the last one just pumped a while.  Felt good.  Going to do 4 sets next time.  Jump rope.  Getting better and it is a gasser for me. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:22am
Got some incline last night.  Still all over sore from Monday, I mean about everything.  Still what was programed should be cake. 
135 x 5, pretty stiff.  So different from my first set last incline day. 
135 x 3, better
185 x 4, stiff as crap
225 x 1, wow and not in a good way.  But still, I got this,
250 x 5, this was so much harder than it should have been.  And it hurt.  Not just one location, but a multitude.  Not good in any way.  But let me sit down a while and ponder.  So think enough on it and figure I need to bow my ass up and do something.
250 x 5, wow, still seems gravity is on me.  I do it, but really so much harder than is should be.  So I stop there.  10 days out.  No reason to grind into an injury or what ever.  Certainly not going the direction needed. 

Do my assistance and it is ok, get a little pump and then some jump rope.  Someone pointed out that I was using a real suck jump rope at the gym, and they let me use one of theirs.  This had ball bearings and was nice with a longer rope.  The other one had some plastic crap and would hit me in the head sometimes, but I am still not feeling it was equipment error.  So the new one did not work for me, rope seemed long enough to wrap around the building and I sucked I know.  Anyway, gutted out 60 and stopped and laid in the massage chair and contemplated.  Need to go find that plastic wonderful rope. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/21/15 at 10:18pm
Nice work Brother!!!!
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/25/15 at 6:34pm
Friday I went in and did some pulling. 
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 1
405 x 1 for six sets.  I crushed this but still could feel I was not fresh and needed rest

Saturday I tossed.  Only did a few stones and I felt good so I stopped.  Heavy weight felt real good also and stopped.  Light weight was ok.   Light hammer really made my chest hurt.  I have been winding during the week and it is obviously irritating the wire from my ipod to the heart rig.  I was pretty long and loose and threw the hammer the best in weeks.  Wow it hurt and continued to hurt even though I quit.  I only tossed it 4 times, but really bothered me.  I did one caber, I said at the start I was going to crush it the first toss and move on and I did.  Wob felt real good other than my chest hurting.  Sheaf was no mas with my lower back.  I unloaded once and it hurt, did it again to make sure.  Came home and my chest hurt a few hours pretty bad.  Feels fine now.  Don't think I will wind this week. 

Went in the gym today and did some rotator cuff and then some lower back stretching and then jump rope.  Found a new rope and jumped so many times in a row I lost count, but around 70 I guess.  New PR of some kind. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/03/15 at 7:25am
Myles,

You need this:
http://shop.mikeandgian.com/swolabama-en.html

That is all.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 12:02pm
Tom your right on time. 

I competed this past weekend and was not good pretty much.  I wonder why I practice.  I was horrible w the weights and stone.  Only one turned one hammer throw as my chest hurts like crap when I do it in the area of the defib machine wire.  Even with this partial throw it hurt me a couple hours and a 25oz bud later.  That said I hit the bar at 30 w the sheaf and got 15 easy in wob, just did nothing else. 

Monday jumped rope and stretched.

Last night I did some speed dead, 315 x 10 sets of 3.  All done in less than 30 min.  Pretty solid for me, felt fast and pretty easy.  Then did 4 sets of 10 w the ab wheel and then some 60 jumps w the rope.  Felt fantastic.  Felt great when I threw over the weekend, just did not throw good. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/15 at 9:43am
Well Friday was the 6 year anniversary of the open heart surgery.  I don't really keep track of these milestones as I have fallen down a lot, I think I have one photo of me in the hospital in traction of all the times in there and just not going to memorialize them.  Why do that?  Instead I caught a great incline workout.  Did my pump stuff and then went home and chased and caught the bride.  Now that is a memory. 

Saturday got up and went out to toss some.  Last week when I went up to KO's game I got invited to stay with Braidy Miller.  He has an annual cookout with a neighbor and it was for that night.  Terry Smith was in the fold and we had a fabulous time, lots of good chow and fresh homemade brew.  Insane good.  I did not have a good 42 to throw with and Braidy also took care of that.  He gave me an incredible 42 and I used it yesterday and had a ball with it.  So I went to the game, stayed with a buddy, had great chow and brew and was given a 42 for a parting gift.  I would say that is a solid trip in anybody's book.  Not enough, well Terry brought me a 12 pack of craft brew from Wisconsin, so there is that.  Not a bad trip. 

Worked on my weights and caber w a little stone yesterday morning and it was fun.  Hot gorgeous day to be alone with the weights and the field.  Clear the head w some tossing and solitude in nature. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/15 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

I don't really keep track of these milestones as I have fallen down a lot, I think I have one photo of me in the hospital in traction of all the times in there and just not going to memorialize them.  Why do that?  

100%

Everyone gets hurt, someone always has it worse, etc...  

We get fixed and we move on, that's life.  If I needed an injury or an illness to change the way I lived, I probably wasn't happy living that way to begin with.  

You know how we do...play through.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 55>
  Share Topic