Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 55>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/15 at 8:31am
It was fun and always has been to take the field with you brother.  The libations after were a treat also.  Look forward to the trip to St. Louis. 

Went in last night for some incline.  I was running out of gas at the end of last week and it ran out last night. 
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
270 x 2 and missed the third.  Hurt my foot also when I kicked the bar up on the incline.  Foot is not bad, the miss bugs me.  Went to 245 and did the last two sets of 3.

Backed off on the pump action and got some, but was real flat.  Almost no pump even.  I have been eating pretty good, but just overdone slightly.  Wont' be a problem with my programmer. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/27/15 at 9:45pm
Wens I went in and got some pulling.  I am still cashed I guess, felt decent, but
135 x 3
225 x 3 feel great and snappy
315 x 1
365 x 1 not as snappy
365 x 1 still not snappy
405 x 1, this is ridiculous hard today
405 x 1, was faster after thinking about it a bit
405 x 1, still weak sauce
365 x 1, better
315 x 1, nice and then some massage chair and back home for rib eye.  Photos coming, things have been fabulous in the chow department.  Cheryl today found a new market and bakery in there.  Nepolians, had two today and then choc eclair. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/15 at 10:52am
Myles, you continue to give me food envy!
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/15 at 9:56pm
The minimalist and I have changed my workout slightly, will combine shoulder press day with incline day to rest the shoulders more between sessions, and put the pump day w the snatches.  All the same, but different.  Anyway did pump and snatch day Friday.  Went to a new gym, the Y is becoming drama filled as they hired a new chick w zero exp to run the weight room.  Fail.  People in the gym for decades leaving and the management is clueless.  You  have people coming for 15 years, pay you and need nothing.  Leave them alone and give them what ever they need, but nope.  Bring in the drama and I leave.  I have three chicks at the house, a cat in heat and a female rotty, I need drama like a stick in the eye.  So anyway the new gym was cool, the owner had a photo of him, me and Petur Gundmundsson in his office, that was a good sign. 

Threw on Saturday and continued the week of suck.  My stone was really good, threw the peanut 45 like nothing and two more at 44.  Solid. The party was pretty much over there.  Heavy weight one turn was nice and two turn was suck.  Just did not have the cns to speed up in the middle.  I thought about it before the throw and wished I did it after, but the middle was a mystery.  The throws while not horrible, were not so good.  I cut the volume and went to 28, threw it one time, went to hammer, felt like crap and stopped and went home.  Need more rest, not reps.  Rested all the rest of the weekend other than a lot of bb gun shooting with iron head. he loves it and I have to say I enjoy it with him.  Blasted everything in sight, took him out in the woods behind the house and told him to have at it and we did. 

Tonight the minimalist destroyed me on squat night.
135 x 3
225 x 8
275 x 6
315 x 4
365 x 2
405 x 1
365 x 2
315 x 4
275 x 6
225 x 8 and the air was not working at the Y.  My buddy was benching heavy so I went there to train and give a lift off and was rewarded with the hot gym.  Pathetic.  I think that is 41 reps and it cashed me.  I did nothing else and came home to rib eye and cheese taters with broc. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/15 at 2:04pm
I have left the Y and am training at a new place, it has cross fit on one side and MMA on the other, not sure how I fit in there, but I am there.  The Headhunters is the name of the gym.  I like it and the owners.  Not sure how the Y was able to make me uncomfortable going there after 15 years, but the A holes did.  You put people who never trained in charge of a gym because they read a book and took a test is just a big fail.  And driving people out in droves, the old guys who just pay month after month, we don't need them, we have government funding.  Wish I knew someone of authority in the YMCA chain to alert them to these bastions of disaster.  Anyway training. 

Wednesday did the new shoulder incline day and did shoulder press and was weak as crap and then did hex press and it was a nice pump and new movement and all that.  Just seem to be loosing strength in the upper body some. 

Friday did some light pulls, worked up to 405 for three singles.  Was not hard and should not have been.  Was pretty fast with it.  Did some bent over rows working up to 225 for 10. 

Went out Saturday and threw alone.  Was nice and the solitude was great.  Stone flew pretty good again, and the weights were solid.  Hammer was not so good but I am only one turning.  But still way short of what I did just a couple weeks ago.  Came back for some sheaf later and it was real solid, getting a groove on with that.  Food pics coming very soon, have many to share.  Cheryl's game has been strong.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 1:16pm
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 1:19pm
Now comes the steak of late, she told me tonight is big Porterhouse

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 1:56pm
Ummmmmmmm
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 2:06pm
Oh and training, not training much this week, Jackson, MS game.  Perfect timing for the MWC.  So resting and eating.  Will go in and warm up today and just get my blood moving to work up a hunger for the Porterhouse.  I will try and take a shot of it.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 2:54pm
Good luck brother. Kick butt at Jackson and MWC!
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/15 at 6:50pm
Had a real good game in Jackson, Mr. Tisdale to tremendous care of me, nice hardware and great weather.  Had a real solid game, only caber and hammer were off some.  Other than that it was all pretty solid.  Thought I went 30 in the sheaf, and found it was 29 after.  Still felt pretty good.  I was last in the rotation and the other two cats missed their third and I hit my third for a walk off.  Did the exact same thing in the wob, so had a real nice vertical finish.  Was harder as the field was only limited to dudes over 40.  But got 3rd overall by half point out of 2nd.  Decent.  Feel good today, going to work this week to rest the following.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/23/15 at 6:01pm
I have been resting all week and am getting ready to leave in the morning for the drive to St. Louis for the MWC.  The thing people always hang on me is I over train, I don't rest enough.  I will have been out f the gym 21 days by the time I step on the field at this game.  Of course I did a game two weeks ago also and threw last week, but no gym work.  So we will see how super fresh works on me.  Cheryl went to the grocery store so I would have fresh bread and roast beef for the sammiches.  She baked a pound cake also, should make the trip more friendly.  I like when I get out heavier than when I started.  Picking up Mr. Durso in around Nashville for the ride.  Rooming with Kel and can't wait to see my man, has been way too long.  Should be a real good time.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/23/15 at 6:21pm
I can smell the Neoprene from here....good luck at worlds Myles.   You were missed this weekend.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/24/15 at 5:06am
Good luck at MWC.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/24/15 at 5:40am
Kick ass.
The man in the arena.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/24/15 at 3:09pm
Good luck MULE! After you throw high and far hoist one cold one for me
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/24/15 at 3:20pm
Represent Mule!  
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/15 at 7:22am
I am back and finally ready to post something.  I threw like crap.  The thing people always bang on Myles about, (went third person there) is he does not rest enough.  This game I rested a week prior to Jackson and had a real nice game.  In retrospect that was the peak.  Then got sick right after that game and rested more and then rested the week prior to the MWC.  So 21 days out of the gym prior to the game.  I don't think that is ideal for me.  That said, I did not hurt and was able to go.  Other than my freak fibulator in the chest gig that hurts like crap if I wind w the hammer.  That did not help me at the game at all. 

I enjoyed all the guys I threw with.  I enjoyed the judges also.  Just a lot of nice people and fun, wish it had been more consecutive events with less rest between.  After the game libations were enhanced when I went behind the tent and used the facilities and of course found a golf cart.  Thinking to myself I had walked plenty and the cart was available I felt comfortable availing myself for cart captainship.  A couple laps around the athletes tent to familiarize myself with the machine, it was a gas cart.  KO and the minimalist then felt compelled to get their own cart as did Mr. Doug Ballard.  Somehow we raced through the entire fair grounds only stopping at the beer tent that was giving beer away to close.  More racing through the grounds w the throttle mashed.  Well the games were held on an Airport grounds.  Apparently the FAA is still in charge of all that and are sensitive about the insurance and all and the tower sent down a representative to take our carts.  I will say they did ask nicely.(beg)  At this point Kent Durso, who I brought up w me from TN had libations enough he became verbally abusive to us all to the point my side hurt from laughing so hard.  It was a very funny afternoon and worth the price of admission. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C Cook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/15 at 12:56pm
Solid year Myles. Inspiring as always brother.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 6:47pm
Food photos in the morning.  Thank you brother Cook, we don't always agree, but I appreciate you. 

I have been training this week.  I felt with the effort I put in for this game on the field I should take zero time off and was not pleased. 

Monday pulled 500 and rowed 225 for a while.  There was more to it, but really does it matter?

Tuesday I cleaned and pressed 135 x 5 x 5, just the press part.  Then flat benched the 85's for 10,7,5 and that is it.

Friday squated 365 x 3 and 225 x 3 x 5, then ab wheel for two sets.  Ab wheel is still saying hey to me at this moment. 

Threw on Saturday and have to say just got out and moved some.  My heart was not in it.  I did do the caber some on my own, so I guess I was into it some.  I mean your in a field alone w a stick, a big stick and you find a place to lodge the small end into the sidewalk and stand it up, and then your picking it and running along and tossing.  Rinse and repeat.  Who does this and thinks it is fun?  Came home to lunch, nap and Alabama kicking the crap out of Georgia. 

When I take a trip, I don't just get in the car and leave.  Cheryl plans a menu and asks me what I think most times and then she shops.  This time is focused around roast beef sandwiches with it timed so when I picked up Durso in Nashville lunch was ready.  There was a choice of several chips and then two bowls of fresh cut up fruit.  Now the night prior she made a pound cake, but it came out of the mold wrong, so she was bent up on that.  She got up early and did some fresh brownies and those were enjoyed for a couple nights up there.  In the cooler were two quarts of milk so after I got to St. Louis and ate my dinner and got back to the hotel, I had brownies and milk all ready for me.  The second milk was for Kel, she thought of it all.  That is traveling in my opinion. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 8:22pm
She is definately a keeper!
Remember Kay Cummings, Father of the Highland Games in the Southeast and my friend. Lets Go Run With The Big Dogs!
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/15 at 7:07pm
Brother Bill, as long as she feels I am a keeper is the question.  I have been training this week and feel pretty good.  Went in for the pump and snatch day Monday.  Was nice to snatch in the new place.  All good, did six dubs.  Business as usual for me.  Then got my swole on with the 20's.  It felt pretty good actually.  The word actually is used a lot in my house, most times after I say something.  One of the people in the house younger than me (all) begin their statement with that word and then go on to say I have no clue what I am talking about in the nicest way that keeps me still in my seat.  But I am liking the new gym and the atmosphere.  The gym has the air turned on, good music, good lifters, good equipment. 

Last night went in and pulled some, worked up to 365 for 5 x 5.  My balance was way off as my legs were numb feeling a lot.  Makes you cautious as you don't want to fall over with it.  I got it done and it was not really hard at all.  Then got glamorous and did 5 sets of 10 bent over rows.  Got the first set with 225 and the party was over.  My lower back seemed upset still about last Friday when I squatted and lost my balance in the hole and twanged it.  That said, I got work done.  I know I said photos, will drop some very soon.  Banana cake, she puts them into the cake mix and then dark choc icing.  Crazy good. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/15 at 10:19am
Wow did I get sore from the volume w pulling last week and rowing.  Super sore.  Friday I did some overhead 140 x 5 x 5.  Nothing much there, was pretty easy.  Then did flat dumbell presses w the 90's, did 6 sets of 5 and failed on the 7th set and got 4.  Holly crap I got sore from that. 

Saturday throwing was ridiculous.  I had nothing.  My chest was so sore it was stupid.  My legs and back still very sore.  I just could not move.  I tried some stone, heavy weight and light hammer.  No. 

Happy Columbus day
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 1:38pm
Monday got in some legs and abs.  Last week I squatted and got some volume going again and was sore, but two sets of ab roller and I was destroyed.  Well this Monday worked up to a 385 triple nice and easy and then did 3 sets of 5 with 225 pause squats.  Was all pretty easy and moving the volume in. 

Wednesday got to snatch around, did six doubles.  Then did the sets of 20's for bicep, tri and shoulders.  Got a nice swole on, has been a bit and have felt flat.  My food has been good and it is starting to show some. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/15 at 10:55am
Sorry, have not been posting regular, will get back to it, but I have been training.  Last Friday got some pulling in and was going to go 440 for six dubs, but my body was no mas and I went 405 x six sets of 2.  Then 5 sets of 10 bent over row. 

Saturday I could not move to throw, but throw I did.  Stone not so bad and got some in.  Then did one turns w the heavy and it was horrible and not as bad as the two turns.  I have been falling down throwing of late, but not today.  I did some light hammer and the thing broke on the 4th toss.  They sucked anyway, so it was fine.  Got some caber and really was just a mess and quit. 

Monday got my press on and hit overhead 145 x 5 x 5 and then did the flat dumbell w huns for 5 sets of 3, failed on last rep of 5th set. 

Wednesday I got my squat on and continued the progress, and went to 405, but had a heavy bar and it was 415 for a triple and then did 225 for 5 with 1.5 squats and then two sets of pause squats. 

Friday I snatched and pumped.  Felt good, getting my swole back. 

Saturday I tossed, stone was decent.  Felt much better until I measured.  One turns w the heavy were pretty good and the two turns were real good until I measured.  I had a soccer game and went to watch that.  Keegan is 9 and they had his team, the 9 and under boys play the girls 12 and under.  3 years is a pretty bid difference as you can clearly see on the field and the girls kicked some ass.  Then went back for some sheaf toss.  Used a bag from the masters worlds this year and it was loose and flew great.  Best practice in some time for me w sheaf in fact, really tossing it up there.  Felt fantastic.  That was then, this is now and I am stiff as a board.  I sure it will only get better.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/15 at 7:25am
Thumbs Up
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/15 at 7:45pm
Went in last night and pulled some deads, am going to squat Friday so not a lot of volume.  405, 445, 465 and I started to slow down a little and stopped there.  Then 5 sets of 10 bent over row.  Nothing fancy.  Guy next to me was pulling and he put a oly 45 under his plates to raise it up, then put bands over it to hold it down, I felt ancient.  But I could pull more, so ancient was fine.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/15 at 8:29am
Sounds like the new gym is working out just fine.  
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/15 at 7:42pm
You know Al, the minimalist had the same observation, he felt it had helped me already and I agree.  I am now surrounded by guys hungry for the steel and the place I was at had been pussified and I did not see the slow erosion of training around me.  Now being in this new environment has been a blessing. 

Tonight did some overhead pressing, 155 x 5 x 5
Incline dumbell 75's for 7 sets of 10, was going to do as many 10s as possible, but my shoulder said we can camp here and thus I did.  Had plenty of power, but left side is really smoking.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/15 at 7:16pm
Went in tonight Friday for some squat action, was good, squatted w Big Stephen, he went 700 last time with me in wraps and belt and this time went with me up to 415 w a front nice and easy.  I did back
135 x 4
225 x 3
315 x 1
365 x 1
435 x 3 felt real nice
225 for 3 sets of 5 pause squat
Ab wheel belly to floor 24 reps and out
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 55>
  Share Topic