FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Luke Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/11 at 9:30am
I nearly went out to throw today... took a nap instead.  Bench work out tonight.  Try to not be a pile by that point. 
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/11 at 6:37pm

11-7-11  Bench Day ***Wanted to mix it up a bit so I did some wave sets.  Alternated between 5's and singles

Bench: 225x5, 245x5, 285x5, 355x1, 295x5, 375x1, 315x5, 395x1, 325x5, 415xcrap

Pull-ups: 4reps in between bench sets... 10sets total.

***Paul Simon's greatest hits made for a nice work out... felt good to hit up some heavier weights.  Really wanted to go over 400 today but by the time I got up there I was cashed from all the 5's and pull ups. Still frustrating since 395 felt so damn good.

Threw some sheaf after the workout... spin felt good. Heights unknown.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/11 at 7:44pm

11-8-11  Workout & Snacks

The workout wasn't much of a work out... more like doing 12 sets of curls whilst eating caramel bugles and beef jerky.  Also pounded a quart of choco milk.  Guns were pumped, snacks were eaten.

Also did a few sets of Pokemon Stadium mini-games and MK Trilogy 3on3 Kombat ***A team consisting of 3 Barakas is undefeatable! 

Luke Crowley
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 1:18am
Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

11-8-11  Workout & Snacks

The workout wasn't much of a work out... more like doing 12 sets of curls whilst eating caramel bugles and beef jerky.  Also pounded a quart of choco milk.  Guns were pumped, snacks were eaten.

Also did a few sets of Pokemon Stadium mini-games and MK Trilogy 3on3 Kombat ***A team consisting of 3 Barakas is undefeatable! 

I approve this workout.

kabal + cyrax + sub zero FTW!!

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 1:52am
I see the diet is coming along.
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 2:56am
Oh, look who's the diet police now!
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 3:01am
What was it that got you your body, Sean?  Dexatrim and Tab?
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 3:22am
I cut all the corners and went straight to methadone.
Srokus View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Almost as strong as the top women +75kg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 3:53am
Josh had to consume a lot of squirrel to get that body he sports during the summer.
The competitor to be feared is not the one who worries about others, but the one who goes on making their business better at all times...

www.thestrengthagenda.com
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/11 at 4:05am
squirrell is the bentley of rat.. blegh
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/11 at 12:22am
wow, my work schedule is not helping me stay in the loop... So just to be clear, we's eatin' critter meat now?
Luke Crowley
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/11 at 1:20am

Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

wow, my work schedule is not helping me stay in the loop... So just to be clear, we's eatin' critter meat now?

roslik is, thats how he got so swole!!

pioneer eatin' ftw!!

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/11 at 2:07am
If you're calling the noble squirrel a "critter," the yes.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/11 at 12:19pm

11-13-11 Throws: HWFD

1 Turns: 4 x Each hand  Best of 39' Felt fine, it was pretty cold today so I really needed the warm ups.

Fulls: 42', 44', 43', 47'(Side line Foul) 45', 46', 44' ***Threw these with a lifting strap, except for the 1st 44' Normally I warm up with the strap to save my hand then ditch it for the regular throws. Cold day+ cold handle = stingy numb hand. So I went back to the strap to prevent ripping something off.  Throws felt nice but the release is always a little shitty with the strap.  Today i worked mainly on kicking up my speed between spins.  I like to work corner to corner in my throws to use all the box in my sprint. With the added speed today I was drifting left a little more than I'd like. Will have to tweak my timing to account for the added speed.

Took a few LWFD too: 80',81',84'

***Threw with Katie today so I actually got some video... try to get that posted tonight after lifting.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/11 at 4:30pm

11-13-11 Lifting:  Hang Clean & Back Squat

Hang Clean: 185x3, 235x3, 265x3, 300x3, 315x3, 315x3, 315x3

Back Squat:  245x3, 325x3, 375x3, 425x3, 450x1 *** Was supposed to do 3 at 450 but I pussied out.  I threw a bit more than normally would on a lifting day which is probably why my hips felt like they got chainsawed.  I'll be getting to work now on posting some videos. Should have something up in a while... or maybe you'll just get Rick rolled.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/11 at 5:16pm
Luke Crowley
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/11 at 3:06am
huge throws..
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 1:30am

now to just find a way to not forget everything while we get frozen up here for a few months. 

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/11 at 5:44pm

11-16-11 Lifting: Bench & Rows

Bench: 225x5, 265x5, 315x5, 335x5, 365x3, 365x3, 315x8

Rows: Big purple band looped around a pole with piece of pvc handle... sets of 10 in between bench sets.

*** Workout felt fine just didnt have the juice to get crazy tonight. Got done with work at 6:00am had some protein followed by an awesome hot beef sandwich w/bbq sauce and melted string cheese... washed down with big old glass of cran-apple juice, then stayed up jackin' around until about 12:00>> drag my ass out of bed around 6:30pm, slam a protein shake and eat a bunch of cocoa pebbles and leave for workout around 7:45... Not a winning combination (unless your goal is to splatter-poop in between bench sets... in that case, totally do that)

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/11 at 8:08am

By the way...now that I've got some video up of my weights if anybody has any ideas that might help stuff go farther please toss it out there. I haven't done any video work at all this year, so it’s been weird actually seeing myself throw. So far there are a couple things that stand out to me currently.

1. Foot position in the start of the throw... In the video I've got a neutral stance. Staggering my left foot forward in my set up would probably help to lessen the leftward drift that my throws tend to have. Starting now I'll be more aware of how I set up for the throw and the overall affect it has on my direction.

2. I’m probably a bit (or a lot) too far off the ground in my 2nd turn... so much so that my landing is most likely cutting down the linear momentum of the throw. Plus it’s kind of a bitch to time that whole deal and when having an off day I get the sensation of not being able to find the ground. By the time I do finally touch down I’m in a really awkward spot in my pull... sooner or later my collar bone is going to shoot out of my neck Alien-style. I'll mess around with this too, see if I can't bring it down a bit and try to carry more speed and direction into the end of my throw.

Any other ideas please fire away... I'm going to try to get some video of the jerky mess that I call a hammer throw before it snows. So that should be fun too.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 9:51am

11-18-11  Throws  HWFD & Stone

HWFD: 1 Turns: 5x each hand. Best of 41' (New PR) and Lefty PR of 32' Woo!  (Remembered I came to throw stone so said screw it to the fulls)

Stone: Stand x4 40',41',42',42'  MSA x15 everything between 45'-48'  most fell in the upper end of that range. 

*** Chest is still pretty damn sore from bench this week so I was surprised with Heavy Weight, but the stone felt like balls for sure.  I couldn't feel the stone at all (not in a good way)  Felt stiff, got no seperation and no snap on the finish.  My stones really dropped off this year and its something I'll need to correct in the off season. 

Luke Crowley
Srokus View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 10:00am
No no no, your stone was good keep it the way it is. You will be fine. Or
learn the glide, less work and more lifting.
The competitor to be feared is not the one who worries about others, but the one who goes on making their business better at all times...

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 10:30am
Tom that is probably the worste advice ever... I will now go back to hi-jacking your log with comic book nerd talk
Luke Crowley
Srokus View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 11:31am
I like the nerd talk. Makes me feel better about myself, but if you are
Bane then I am Captain America or someone cool like that.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 1:40pm
Tom, Captain America is all yours... but I wasn't claiming Bane,  mearly pointing  out to Josh that he snapped Batman like a twig... if we're picking though I'd go Juggernaut fo sho!
Luke Crowley
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 1:48pm
Oh snap...more comic book nerds.
The man in the arena.
Srokus View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:18pm
Luke done and done, if you are juggernaut Wade the is the thing and
Andy is Green Lantern (I know wrong group, but I could think of another
skinny hero type quickly) Duncan I see you already had a hero picked
out and yes we are nerds as well.

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:19pm
You're just embarrassing yourself, Tom.
Srokus View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:30pm
You are not to talk about embarrassing yourself. You do more curls
than the bandana wearing tank top sporting d-bags I run into at the
gym. The only way you gain respect back is if you did the workouts in
your work clothes. Those types people are first class in my opinion.

CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:34pm
Do you need pics for proof that I bomb my guns business-casual?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
  Share Topic