FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Rob Meulenberg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 10:18am
Threw some hwfd and lh.  Last throws before ALB.  HWFD actually felt decent.  Had a few out in the 38-39+ range.  One was 40+.  Hammer was a nightmare.  For whatever reason, I cannot keep any balance with 3 winds.  Farthest was like 110'.  Went back to 2 winds for a few throws and right back at 120' or so.  Looks like I'll keep doing that until I can get 3 winds to work for me.
www.sportkilt.com
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 10:53am
Should be a good time at Alb, hope to make it up soon, good luck
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/15 at 11:24am
ALB Games (Albany, NY)

The Albany Games has been one of those games, for me, that is a fixture for every Mother's Day weekend for the last 4 years.  It is a place I have made some dear friends.  It is a place that all the athletes bond together, have a bunch of fun, and really hang out afterwards.  

The 2015 ALB Games v5.0 did not disappoint, but as I write this, I am sad to see it go.  Jasen vonGuinness is one of the really great guys in this sport.  He has spent at lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money to give so many athletes from Northeast USA and beyond a chance to throw.  For that, we are forever in his debt.

Although I will see JVG and fam often again, and even probably stay at his house in the future for other events, the closing of this chapter makes me a bit sad.  I am so glad I was there to give the ALB Games its rightful send-off.  It is fitting that after the games, we all gathered together and celebrated in Jasen and Jess' new home as they start on the next chapter of their life together.

To me, the actual games portion of this report is inconsequential to what I wrote above, but I will recap my performance anyway.

We had a pro/am class.  We had a 4th pro lined up, but he backed out so it was me, Nick Kahanic, and Dave Barron.

22# braemar stone: 40'+ (2nd)
16# open stone: 45'+ (2nd)
56# wfd: 34' (3rd)
28# wfd: 69'+ (2nd)
22# hammer: 92'+ (2nd)
16# hammer: 115' (2nd)
Caber: 11:45 (3rd)
56# wfh: 15' (t-1st)

-BS went well.  Beautiful stone and I got a long push.  Open footwork still sucks.
-Weights whatever.  Until I get my hand/grip stuff sorted out, I won't fret about these numbers too much.
-Hammers still bad, but so much better than Sacramento.  More practice time should keep improving me here.
-WOB was fine.  Nick and I just skipped 16' and went to 17'.  I hit the bar twice.  It will fall soon.

It's been real Albany.  Next up...Perth-Andover, Canada.  USA vs. Canada.
www.sportkilt.com
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/15 at 6:35pm
Nice throwing with you again. Let's do that again soon.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/15 at 10:56am
poignant.
thanks for the kind words buddy, see ya in a few weeks.
jammin on the one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
  Share Topic